PDA

View Full Version : Official Hammer Tech Help.

Bill Smauz
26 Mar 2008, 07:50am
If you have a problem with Hammer PM me your message and I will answer it the best I can.

JoniX
26 Mar 2008, 08:56am
when mappin for cs:s. Which engine version i have to use? orange box or Hl2 ep1?

Bill Smauz
26 Mar 2008, 10:02am
when mappin for cs:s. Which engine version i have to use? orange box or Hl2 ep1?

Half-Life 2: Episode One

TheDayMassacre
26 Mar 2008, 04:25pm
If you have a problem with Hammer PM me your message and I will answer it the best I can.

How do I make a button activated boat and a helicopter?

killerkallerant
26 Mar 2008, 04:47pm
first start off with making the button, which is a box, tied to the func_button entity. then im guessing your heli or boat will be on a func_track. So, in the input/output tabs, put, when pressed, to activate your func_track, or whatever you have that will move the boat/heli. then click, fire once.

PS. Bill, srry for stealing this one.plz dont kill me!!!

Blank
26 Mar 2008, 07:56pm
I have some map ideas that I would like to try. I have never mapped before. Where would be a good place to start?

killerkallerant
26 Mar 2008, 08:35pm
site wise? or what?

Eldest
27 Mar 2008, 08:05am
Euh..I've gotten so used to GTK Radiant that it's a bit complicated to use Hammer for CSS :D,anyway, is it possible to remove the "Snap to grid" option?:|

killerkallerant
27 Mar 2008, 12:12pm
Euh..I've gotten so used to GTK Radiant that it's a bit complicated to use Hammer for CSS :D,anyway, is it possible to remove the "Snap to grid" option?:|

there should be a button on top of the two top boxes. ill try and post a pic up for you, as i cant use hammer right now.

Eldest
29 Mar 2008, 08:07am
Doors doors doors...
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4743/problemspn3.jpg
Look at that picture.
Basically I got a door,which consists of two sliding parts A and B.
A goes up and B down,pretty simple BUT a small number of problems occur :|

1)When I go up the ladder,B starts moving before A(cause I'm closer to it)
2)When on ladder,the door won't open before I climb off the ladder(.....)
3)How to make the doors open on pressing E,not automatic?

Don't kill me for asking so many questions,please:rlol:

PS:Still waiting for that "Snap to grid" thing.

//Eldest

Bill Smauz
29 Mar 2008, 04:38pm
You could use trigger_once to activate the doors instead of having touch opens doors. trigger_once will let both doors open at same time.

Eldest
30 Mar 2008, 02:55am
I'm not sure where are the trigger_once and trigger_multiple things :|

killerkallerant
30 Mar 2008, 03:14am
I'm not sure where are the trigger_once and trigger_multiple things :|

make a box, somewhere near the door, but under it. now, give it a trigger texture. now, while the box is selected, hit ctrl+t, and go to trigger_once. then give it a name, and go to output and put when trigger, and hit once. the objects should be the doors that you want to open.

Kawaii-Desu
2 Apr 2008, 10:19am
Ive been training myself in hammer for a while now and started working on a small test map but today when i tried to load it up it said "Game not available. try again later" so i backed up my test map onto a flash drive and deleted hammer and restarted it and its still giving me that message. what do i do?

November Terra
2 Apr 2008, 10:32am

'[' and ']' increase/decrease the size of the grid. You can go from grid size 1 to some really large number. Since there is really no snap to object in Hammer, disabling grid snap forces you to do more work: you gotta make sure all your brushes overlap to prevent leaks or cracks, driving up the processing cost and size of the map file.

There is this one map I optimized where the creator didn't have gridsnap on for a majority of the buildings. I was forced to rebrush the entire map, which actually made it a bit easier for me, come to think of it. If I wasn't forced to rebrush everything I'd have had to go through each part making sure there were no useless bushes/face textures as well as brushes that were being unnecessarily compiled as world brushes instead of func_detail-s.

Bill Smauz
2 Apr 2008, 03:52pm
Ive been training myself in hammer for a while now and started working on a small test map but today when i tried to load it up it said "Game not available. try again later" so i backed up my test map onto a flash drive and deleted hammer and restarted it and its still giving me that message. what do i do?

Have you tried restarting steam or your computer? Because I sometimes get this message and it appears to fix after doing so.

Loller Dan
25 Jun 2008, 10:00am
Lol, that error means that they are updating it.
Sometimes it takes 8 hours or so, don't uninstall it.

cheaterguy07
14 Jul 2008, 12:30pm
when i try to run the map nothin happens. it loads cs but when i try 2 pick teams both teams are full and when i spectate everything is blank

GrayFox
14 Jul 2008, 01:03pm
You forgot to put in the CT and T spawns it seems.

cheaterguy07
14 Jul 2008, 01:58pm
now when i try to play my map it says client timed out

and can u change on how much money u start with?

killerkallerant
14 Jul 2008, 09:19pm
The thing were it says client timed out is common. It doesnt mean anything. Its only taking you off the server that was just made. And to change the amount of money one gets as the round starts is go to creat a server, and in the tabs, the last one, it should ask how much money to start with; along with if footsteps should be heard, and flashlights.