PDA

View Full Version : replacing variety server with a BF2142 conquest rotation server.

spartan 117
30 Jul 2010, 08:38pm
Variety is unused pretty much and wastes bandwidth. whereas BF2142 has a good userbase and has 2 really fun gamemodes to play.

i am suggesting that we replace the old and unused variety server with a BF2142 conquest all maps rotation server. this would be a great move as it would introduce SG to more people who have not heard of SG yet. other clans and communities populate BF2142, and we populate BFBC2 so why shouldnt we go to BF2142 also?

the only con i can see in this is that BF2142 has an infamous reputation for servers crashing and not being populated again (for atleast a day) because most of the servers at the top of the list are 24/7 camp gibraltar / cerbere landing (BOOORING!) with the occasional 24/7 berlin (BOOOORING!).

hopefully injecting SG into BF2142 can add a server that doesnt suffer from this strain of gaming downs syndrome (by that kind of gaming downs i mean 24/7 boring overplay map servers populating the server list uncontrollably.)

Prez
30 Jul 2010, 09:41pm
Well, the variety server doesn't have many slots, and it is full some of the time when a trikz map is on. Replacing it with a 2142 server could up our donation goal and it might be hard to maintain it. Also another thing to consider is that there might not be a large userbase for BF2142 in our community.

Metal
30 Jul 2010, 10:00pm
Fullmetal is 4 ranks away from the almost final rank.
2142 is way to easy.

We would be better off getting BF2 or CoD4

kabLe
30 Jul 2010, 10:01pm
Dodgeball server!

Chainedlord
30 Jul 2010, 10:25pm
No, don't touch my baby

Dark Torcher
30 Jul 2010, 11:32pm
oh I have both BF2142 and BFBC2, theyre fun games but I cant play them for long periods since they make sniping very tiring, I always wonder why we would start to branch into other games then just stop instead of waiting it out

Drox
30 Jul 2010, 11:45pm
who the fuck is still playing 2142? lol That would be a waste and a failure waiting to happen. A BC2 server makes more sense then a 2142 one.

Caution
30 Jul 2010, 11:49pm
who the fuck is still playing 2142? lol That would be a waste and a failure waiting to happen. A BC2 server makes more sense then a 2142 one.

Exactly. While I still play 2142 here and there (sup wit dat medic), it's pretty pointless to get a server NOW. With games like that, you usually have to start as soon as (or relatively close) the game starts. The problem is that all the old 2142 players already have their favorite servers picked out and not too many new people are joining the game.

Bethy
31 Jul 2010, 12:28am
Noooo. I love trikz. >:[

spartan 117
31 Jul 2010, 12:35am
Bad company 2 is a bad console port with no moddability and the gameplay feels like a watered down 2142

2142 might have a smaller userbase and gaming downs, but if you can draw in more people into a server that doesnt have gaming downs (playing the same boring map over and over again 24/7, then you can attract more people then the boring 24/7 gibby, cibby, berlin servers. almost every time i play the people who are not nade spamming (oh the irony from the F.R.A.G.S. BC2 trailer) are busy bitching about how EA doesnt run official rotation servers and that all the damn servers are the same 3 maps over and over again.

eh maybe we could just roll around on others servers, only decent rotation server i know for conquest is the =DiG= one, but they are locked at 12 people (minimum for ranked is 20 players) most of the time, as they hit the middle of the list with all the 24/7 gibby, cerby, and berlin servers dominating the top of the list.

maybe if we ever plan on a 2142 server we might want to wait for patch 1.51, when they release 2142 on steam. then it will be popular and worth it.

Drox
31 Jul 2010, 12:40am
Bad company 2 is a bad console port with no moddability and the gameplay feels like a watered down 2142

2142 might have a smaller userbase and gaming downs, but if you can draw in more people into a server that doesnt have gaming downs (playing the same boring map over and over again 24/7, then you can attract more people then the boring 24/7 gibby, cibby, berlin servers. almost every time i play the people who are not nade spamming (oh the irony from the F.R.A.G.S. BC2 trailer) are busy bitching about how EA doesnt run official rotation servers and that all the damn servers are the same 3 maps over and over again.

eh maybe we could just roll around on others servers, only decent rotation server i know for conquest is the =DiG= one, but they are locked at 12 people (minimum for ranked is 20 players) most of the time, as they hit the middle of the list with all the 24/7 gibby, cerby, and berlin servers dominating the top of the list.

maybe if we ever plan on a 2142 server we might want to wait for patch 1.51, when they release 2142 on steam. then it will be popular and worth it.

tbh I doubt it will happen, that would be like if someone suggest BF2 or BFV servers. Those games just dont have a loyal playerbase since most people who play old BF games do it out of being bored or to hack since punkbuster is shit.

Not to mention 2142 was crappy imo since I dont care much for future warefare shit. Games like that just arent that great. You might get something going on a small scale but it seems to much trouble for 1 server on a game that the majority of SG doesnt even play or own.