PDA

View Full Version : vorter's Peripheral Issues (Keyboard/Mouse/Monitors etc)

vorter
30 Jul 2010, 12:49pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Peripheral Issues (Keyboard/Mouse/Monitors etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows Vista If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Yes, WG111T 2.1.0.26 Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Microsoft Security Essentials Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Gateway What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Netgear WG111T Wireless Adapter Please state your problem here
My USB wireless adapter all of a sudden got sensitive to its position. (i.e. if I bump it into something or touch it to make it move a hair) It would randomly disconnect when it was moved. I took it apart and the usb part was wobbly. I tried different positions and for some reason the adapter requires to be angled up, in relation to the usb part and the computer. Is there anyway I can fix this, as I temporarily put a piece of paper in it to angle it. By the way, this started right after I installed driver updates, and that may be the problem.

andre1028
1 Aug 2010, 08:49am
Well from what I can see the USB component was most likely damaged physically. The only way from what I can tell you can fix this is by

a) shipping it to the manufacturer/bringing it to a computer repair centre
b) keeping it at the angle it functions at permanently

Installing any type of software will probably not fix your problem, sorry.

vorter
1 Aug 2010, 01:04pm
thanks, im just gonna buy a new adapter, and I took the old one apart and saw that the USB thing was hanging by a wire, so that was the problem