PDA

View Full Version : A BTD Type Server

Kurama
29 Jul 2010, 10:45pm
from call of duty 4 ive seen BTD (before the dawn) servers. its a team against bot zombies.
i know we have the zombie server but i think bot ones would be better (imo) dont have to worry about people not wanting to be zombie but a "survivor"

not really an insta-kill zombie
but when it touches you health depletes rapidly

they have around 1.5K health so it not to easy to kill them but again not to hard

just a thought

Prez
29 Jul 2010, 10:47pm
It sounds like an alright idea, but I'm not too sure about how many people play or have COD4... if there's a large enough userbase for this to be popular, I'd say go for it.

Kurama
29 Jul 2010, 10:51pm
i think it would be better in CSS because of the greater weapon choices

barackobama
29 Jul 2010, 11:26pm
Nice suggestion, keep them up, interesting to see this happen, but it would require us having to buy a cod4 server, which is expensive, and limited for us :(

Kurama
29 Jul 2010, 11:36pm
no not for CoD4
i got the idea from cod 4 BTD servers and thinking about having 1 for CSS

Prez
29 Jul 2010, 11:40pm
This has been done and it's not really that great... it would die if it was a cs:s server, sorry.

Bob Loblaw
29 Jul 2010, 11:44pm
I would really truly like to see a mod kind of like Nazi zombies. Get like 4 or 5 people together, and have bot zombies come at you over and over, and only in between rounds can you restock ammo.

Actually I just thought about it, and CSS bots are retarded, generally cowering, and not knowing they can jump over 1 inch high things to get at players..
Other than that, probably possible to use triggers and stuff to essentially recreate Nazi Zombie mode from COD.

Repus
29 Jul 2010, 11:49pm
So you mean zombie hell mod? Had 2 times already both time died. Awesome mod just hard to keep living.

Bob Loblaw
29 Jul 2010, 11:55pm
So you mean zombie hell mod? Had 2 times already both time died. Awesome mod just hard to keep living.

I was thinking that too, but one key difference, there would probably be teamwork in this one.
I LOVE 4 player co-op games because it's literally co-op. Once you start going higher, it can still be fun, but it loses the essence of true teamwork. I like only having to actually rely on a few (in css you can have 1 good player and always win, but in 4 player coops usually that's not the case).
That's the main difference (for me anyways).

Prez
29 Jul 2010, 11:55pm
I would really truly like to see a mod kind of like Nazi zombies. Get like 4 or 5 people together, and have bot zombies come at you over and over, and only in between rounds can you restock ammo.

Actually I just thought about it, and CSS bots are retarded, generally cowering, and not knowing they can jump over 1 inch high things to get at players..
Other than that, probably possible to use triggers and stuff to essentially recreate Nazi Zombie mode from COD.

That's kind of like zombieriot, but special maps would need to be made so the zombies could get in, and the zombie health would need to be higher.

Kiwi
30 Jul 2010, 07:33am
Zombie riot but with 400 zombies and 17 different zombie spawn locations

Repus
30 Jul 2010, 08:01am
Zombie riot but with 400 zombies and 17 different zombie spawn locations

We had about that many zombies on zombie hell. Almost atleast.