PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Ghost Town (Alien Swarm)

Krazy
29 Jul 2010, 01:25am
Ghost Town
(Not Final Title)

Campaign Objectives:

Town:

Gain Entrance to Town
Restore Power to Generators
Download Mining Tunnels Map
Enter Mining Tunnels

Mining Tunnels:

Destroy 20 Swarm Eggs
Find a way to get past collapsed tunnel
Enter the Facility

Facility:

Unk

Whats Planned:

Right now I am going to try to make this a 4-5 map campaign but I only have the first 3 maps planned out. After the 3rd map I want to have the marines escape the facility somehow but I don't know exactly how I want that to play out. However I do want to end the campaign with a AvP style ending (Fight against queen on surface) after having her chase you out of the facility in either the 3rd of 4th map. If anyone has a suggestion for the fourth map please post it, otherwise i may just go with a sewer escape or a back track through the 2nd map (which i would prefer not to do that).

Video Update #1:

Since I finally found out how to use video capturing software to record in game footage I will post updates for the map in the form of video's rather than screenshots (I may post 1 or two Screenshots for minor updates).

Quick preview video for an alien swarm campaign I'm working on. This video shows the first objective area that is in an early stage of development. Some things that I plan on changing for the final version is enemy spawn points, the lighting (fully lit for video), enemies actually running into the building during the hack, displacement throughout the map, and i plan on adding an explosive barrel at the beginning of the crates section of the map that alerts the horde, and also so that it gives a reason as to why the player is moving through there instead of going through the front gate.

Also, toward the end of the video i bumped my laptop and it caused a skip it the game. You`ll know what I'm talking about when you see it.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qXbUTOfbYxI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qXbUTOfbYxI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Whazaaaaa
29 Jul 2010, 05:06am
Looks kinda like crap because there is no light in the map but i'm sure you'll add that later.
But for the rest the idea sounds nice (i don't know why the name "ghost town" aldo thats not final titel)

Good luck with making it and have fun :D

(if you need any beta testers just pm me :D)