PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi's Boot/Restart Issues

Kiwi
28 Jul 2010, 09:11am
Tech Support Help Ticket
What general section does your problem fall under
Boot/Restart Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Other If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
No What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
- Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Dell What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Latitude D620 Please state your problem here
I'm able to power it up (LED lights flash, optical drives work), but no fans start spinning, no post or any noise coming from it at all.

Jager
28 Jul 2010, 06:26pm
well it is a laptop, so there can be several issues, but try taking the battery out, plugging in the power then trying to boot with no battery. (if your battery is bad it can cause that issue when it confuses the dc/dc converter chip in older laptops)

check and make sure your power cable isnt kinked, frayed, that the brick (if it has the power light) is on, the cord is lighting up the charge light on the laptop etc. i see you list that the optical rive etc works, but it may be not getting enough juice to fire the mobo. or the psu is faulty.

if all that works, you may need to disassemble the laptop and look for any blown capacitors or if the motherboard itself died.

heartless
28 Jul 2010, 07:24pm
I'm having the exact same problem, but with a PC.

Kiwi
29 Jul 2010, 08:16am
I thought to my self, maybe I should just leave it on for a while, it might work.

So I did, and it magically went to post.

Consider this problem solved.