PDA

View Full Version : Serious Problem

Riperzz
27 Jul 2010, 02:45pm
Please move my thread to http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=352
(http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=352)

My Computer has been acting wierd and I don't know whats wrong I just wanna get this fixed so Anyone know what to do??

When I play any game (All Games Run perfectly on my comp and I meet all requirements so DON'T ASK) I get this wierd noise probably from power supply, So I have no idea what is causing it.

One Solution Could be, Some wire near the fan makin that noise But I can't look inside.

I Got that noise about week ago I think, I shutdown my computer (I usually keep my computer on ofc coz im downloading all the time), So I haven't got that noise some time ago. But Again like 3-5 days (Without turning it off) I got this noise again EVERYTIME I play game, Like I just played alien swarm and I had to exit because of that noise.

So If anyone know wtf is goin on!?!

Heres (AUDIO ONLY) Video of that noise NOTE MY MIC SUCK So theres background noise (Im sure you know what I Mean).

Oh and Game I was playing was metro2033 and I turned all audio off and Put my mic near the computer and recorded.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mlrfkrjkd7bdzf8
(PLEASE TURN YOUR VOLUME UP SO YOU CAN HEAR IT)

crazy_tim412
27 Jul 2010, 02:58pm
It really sounds like a loose wire being smacked against the side or something
I dont think its your power supply
Why cant you open your pc?
If you have warranty as reason
I suggest using the warranty and go back to the shop to let it be checked
if it is a wire, you can have it fixed before something worse will happen

edit: Forgive my lousy english, its late and I`m tired of work, I`ll do a grammar check in the morning

Riperzz
27 Jul 2010, 03:03pm
It really sounds like a loose wire being smacked against the side or something
I dont think its your power supply
Why cant you open your pc?
If you have warranty as reason
I suggest using the warranty and go back to the shop to let it be checked
if it is a wire, you can have it fixed before something worse will happen

edit: Forgive my lousy english, its late and I`m tired of work, I`ll do a grammar check in the morning

I can't open my power supply, I can open my comp and see and its coming from my power supply.

crazy_tim412
27 Jul 2010, 03:18pm
hmmz, A lose wire in a psu can be alot of trouble if it breaks
I know alot about rigs, but when it comse to power
its beyond my knowlegde
Some basic questions:
Do you still have warranty? if so, maybe its time to use it, problems in the psu can cause way bigger problems
You know for sure, that the psu is enough to cover the power consume? You say you meet all req`s
maybe one of your compontents is a nasty power consumer like an AMD Athlon
What kind of power supply do you have? i heard the antec 750W is known for making sounds

edit: I listented to the sound fragment a couple of times again
It almost sounds like you fan is displaced or being harrased by dust
but I dont for sure, it can be background noises too

Riperzz
27 Jul 2010, 03:26pm
hmmz, A lose wire in a psu can be alot of trouble if it breaks
I know alot about rigs, but when it comse to power
its beyond my knowlegde
Some basic questions:
Do you still have warranty? if so, maybe its time to use it, problems in the psu can cause way bigger problems
You know for sure, that the psu is enough to cover the power consume? You say you meet all req`s
maybe one of your compontents is a nasty power consumer like an AMD Athlon
What kind of power supply do you have? i heard the antec 750W is known for making sounds

edit: I listented to the sound fragment a couple of times again
It almost sounds like you fan is displaced or being harrased by dust
but I dont for sure, it can be background noises too

I have warranty.
Yes
I never heard this noise before So i don't think my power supply makes this sound normally (And its very annoying so I want it fixed)

Theres also Mic background noise while I was moving it and the broken mic, Other came from computer.
EDIT: Please turn your volume up so you can hear it.

crazy_tim412
27 Jul 2010, 03:30pm
A psu is just a piece of mechanics
which can fail or break or uhm wear down(? dont know the english word, dutch-slijtage)
Only if it does, it can be hazardous, for you computer but also for your personal health
Maybe someone else knows the problem, but I dont know
My suggestion is warranty
Sorry I couldnt be more of assitance

Riperzz
27 Jul 2010, 03:32pm
A psu is just a piece of mechanics
which can fail or break or uhm wear down(? dont know the english word, dutch-slijtage)
Only if it does, it can be hazardous, for you computer but also for your personal health
Maybe someone else knows the problem, but I dont know
My suggestion is warranty
Sorry I couldnt be more of assitance

Yes, I think its best choice but thanks for help anyway.

ReGIONALS
27 Jul 2010, 07:29pm
get the baggy of cocaine out of it and problem solved

Riperzz
27 Jul 2010, 07:32pm
get the baggy of cocaine out of it and problem solved

Thanks it worked :)

No... Any else know about this problem?

Bilbo Baggins
27 Jul 2010, 07:33pm
Sounds kind of like a bearing on a fan is failing, I would think getting it looked at by a professional would be best. Also for future reference you should try using the tech support bucket instead of the general tech forum for a specific problem.

Riperzz
27 Jul 2010, 07:38pm
Sounds kind of like a bearing on a fan is failing, I would think getting it looked at by a professional would be best. Also for future reference you should try using the tech support bucket instead of the general tech forum for a specific problem.

Yes I know, waranty would be best choice.

Also if your not blind theres text saying

Please move my thread to http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=352
(http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=352)

Bilbo Baggins
27 Jul 2010, 07:43pm
Yes I know, waranty would be best choice.

Also if your not blind theres text saying

sorry did not notice that. I apologize.