PDA

View Full Version : hV's Peripheral Issues (Keyboard/Mouse/Monitors etc)

hV
27 Jul 2010, 02:13pm
Tech Support Help Ticket
What general section does your problem fall under
Peripheral Issues (Keyboard/Mouse/Monitors etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows XP If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Avast Home Edition Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
- What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
- Please state your problem here
Most of you should know that sometimes my mic goes insane whenever I join a server and try to talk. It's like a loud distorted buzzing and crashing sound, maybe it's overly overly sensitive? Anyway, a retry usually fixes the problem, I just don't get why it happens only every so often.

Spiffy
27 Jul 2010, 02:26pm
When it happens are you on any other chat client like ventrilo or teamspeak?

crazy_tim412
27 Jul 2010, 02:52pm
What kind of mic do you have?
I had an logitech mic before my fatil1ty(yes I know)
and the driver or what ever gave me the same problem
On my computer there is a program called via hd audio deck
which controls my mic and sound output
I dont know if you have it, but messing around with the settings in there
helped me getting rid of the problem

I hope it works for you 2

hV
27 Jul 2010, 03:15pm
Same problem for two different headsets, I don't have any other voice clients open.

jeN
27 Jul 2010, 08:58pm
I used to have a problem where my old headset on an old computer would mess up the same way on certain codecs. =/ Which doesn't help you in this matter, but it might be you have audio codecs or a driver interference issue.

Do you use a USB mic, or TRS connector?

hV
28 Jul 2010, 08:19am
I used to have a problem where my old headset on an old computer would mess up the same way on certain codecs. =/ Which doesn't help you in this matter, but it might be you have audio codecs or a driver interference issue.

Do you use a USB mic, or TRS connector?

TRS connector. Maybe it's an issue because I plug it into my speaker system, not directly into my computer?

jeN
29 Jul 2010, 12:01pm
TRS connector. Maybe it's an issue because I plug it into my speaker system, not directly into my computer?

Err, I'd say it could be that as anything not "normal" could cause problems if not set up properly.

Spiffy
29 Jul 2010, 01:40pm
What if you plug it directly into the computer? Is it a dedicated sound card or built in to the motherboard? Do you have another sound card to try it on?

Also, the subject says peripherals. Any other problems?

TheVirus
29 Jul 2010, 02:26pm

Are you sure that the speakers have a mic-in port and not line-in for MP3 players? That could cause a problem. Also, open up Sound Recorder (Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Entertainment) and record yourself for a minute or so.

hV
29 Jul 2010, 03:03pm
The problem hasn't come up for a while now and since it hasn't it's been difficult to test whether or not any of these solutions work or help.
My speaker system has two inputs on the dial, mic and headphones.
It also goes directly into the mobo I think.

Spiffy
3 Aug 2010, 04:24pm
How is this going?

hV
3 Aug 2010, 04:40pm
I've not had the problem for a while now so it's hard to say.