PDA

View Full Version : Aprolite's Other Issues(please be detailed)

Aprolite
23 Jul 2010, 12:33pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Other Issues(please be detailed) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 driver is up-to-date Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
AVG Pro Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Microcenter, pre-built, but i had a new psu and graphics card installed. What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
VT637AAR Please state your problem here
I play cod4 now and then, but my punkbuster does not allow me to play punkbuster servers. So im stuck with all the hackers. Ive tried updating my punkbuster, and ive disabled steam while in cod4, but i sitll get this error, any more insight would be great, thanks.

Jager
23 Jul 2010, 04:05pm
have you tried running everything as admin (steam cod4 etc ) and see if that fixes the issue, that used to be a fix for punkbuster stuff on vista +

just rightclick the game application and select run as administrator then see what you get

Aprolite
23 Jul 2010, 04:27pm
I'm the only user on this computer, no one else could be administrator but me.

Jager
23 Jul 2010, 05:23pm
win 7 doesnt default to running every program as administrator even if you have the admin privs, its a function od the UAC system. just try it and see what you get.

Astrum
23 Jul 2010, 06:14pm
Do you get a particular error message from PunkBuster?

Tweezy
23 Jul 2010, 06:17pm
I remember having problems like this with BattleField 2... It kept kicking me because my punkbuster was out of date...

Actually download the punkbuster client, once downloaded add the game your trying to play (cod 4) select it, run Cod and see how it goes!

Prez
23 Jul 2010, 07:38pm
My brother had this problem as well. He updated his punkbuster, and it was broken like you said. Try doing what tweezy suggested, and it should fix the problem.

Aprolite
24 Jul 2010, 02:27pm
I went to the punkbuster site and there are no client versions for windows 7. ill keep my eye out for one in the near future.

Spiffy
24 Jul 2010, 02:33pm
http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Aprolite
24 Jul 2010, 02:44pm
Jager, since the multi-player for cod4 is different from single, there is no way to launch single in administrator, I can launch the single player as administrator, but when i click multi-player it is brings me back desktop and relaunches, so i can't run it as administrator.

Spiffy, I have punkbuster up-to-date. I was going to try the client, but the client has no mirrors for windows 7. That link is just for punkbuster regular.

Tweezy
24 Jul 2010, 05:43pm
I went to the punkbuster site and there are no client versions for windows 7. ill keep my eye out for one in the near future.

Jager, since the multi-player for cod4 is different from single, there is no way to launch single in administrator, I can launch the single player as administrator, but when i click multi-player it is brings me back desktop and relaunches, so i can't run it as administrator.

Spiffy, I have punkbuster up-to-date. I was going to try the client, but the client has no mirrors for windows 7. That link is just for punkbuster regular.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

It works, I'm using Win7 64bit, works perfectly fine man! It's for all Window OS's (Like XP, Vista, 7...)

vorter
27 Jul 2010, 08:59pm
try deleting all pB related files, then using the pbsetup.exe to update
that should work for you

Jager
27 Jul 2010, 09:02pm
astrum said he has to disable the steamui for his cod :W@W game. so you may try that and see if it helps. it is in your steam settings