PDA

View Full Version : Bilbo Baggins's Sound Issues

Bilbo Baggins
21 Jul 2010, 03:14pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Sound Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Avast Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Me What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
? Please state your problem here
well its not really a computer problem but my good old cambridge soundworks speakers stopped working today. The subwoofer is still working but the satellite speakers both stopped producing sound. I know its not some kind of driver issue because my headset and another set of 2.1 speakers works fine, so what I want to know is there anyway to fix it? lol isn't this question phrased wonderfully

Spiffy
21 Jul 2010, 03:25pm
Hmm, I'm assuming both of the speakers plug into the subwoofer. Is the connector loose on it? Does the cable seem to be in good condition?

Bilbo Baggins
21 Jul 2010, 03:31pm
Yeah both speakers plug into the subwoofer, using those silly spring clip things and then the subwoofer plugs into the back of my pc. The cables look fine, except for the one that goes to the pc which I had to fix previously, but I know that it is good because the subwoofer still works.

Spiffy
21 Jul 2010, 03:39pm
They must have just died then. =\