PDA

View Full Version : Dannen Problem

Dannen
18 Jul 2010, 08:13pm
Tech Support Help Ticket

What general section does your problem fall under
Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertenant info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
AVG Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Gateway What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
DX4820 Please state your problem here
I haven't been on the Steamgamers.com for a number of months. Now that I'm back and playing CS:S again I've ran into a big problem.

While on the SG website using Google Chrome, it randomly shuts down and doesn't load for about 20 minutes before working again. When the site doesn't work for me, it doesn't work on Chrome, IE, or FF. I'm now using Firefox which seems to prevent this but here's the other problem. When ever I try to open Ventrilo, it can't connect to the server and also disallows me to load the SG website on Chrome, IE, and FF. When ever these problems occur I am able to access all other websites except Steamgamers.com.

What's also very peculiar is the fact that I'm running into the exact same problem on my Laptop even when I'm using a different Internet Connection at work...

Thanks for reading.

Ms. Blargh
18 Jul 2010, 08:23pm
Try connecting to vent via the IP 70.32.40.78 port 4577

As for not being able to connect to the forums, several people are having this problem at the moment. I believe it has something to do with our host.

Spiffy
18 Jul 2010, 08:24pm
Thanks for using the new form!

The problem with the website is a running problem. We assumed it was a problem with the routing but now that you mention you only get it when using chrome I realize I am using chrome and maybe it is causing the issue. We will looking into it.

As for the vent issue, are you connecting by IP or the DNS name? I know we have a problem with the DNS sometimes. This is the IP: 70.32.40.78:4577

Jager
18 Jul 2010, 08:29pm
hmm seems the forum ate my post. I need your primary ip address from your home and work. you have about 50 tied to your name on the forums so its hard to get all those fixed.

currently I have you at 173.206.33.199 but please get back to me with your exact ip if it is different so I can ticket our host.

Also please hit your start button, then type run in the search box (click it when it pops up) then type cmd in the run box. you should now have a dos window that is black with a command prompt flashing. type

ipconfig /flushdns

and if /when you have the issue connecting to the forum run in the same window

tracert steamgamers.com

If it stops at the line asw-fv181.ord3 (other random stuff here) .singlehop.net then you are having an issue with our host.

again I will need your IP to get it fixed on their end at first, then we may need you to deal with your ISP

Dannen
19 Jul 2010, 07:14am
I got Ventrilo to work.

After doing this the issue occurred and I ran "tracert steamgamers.com"
It did indeed stop at asw-fv181.ord3

As for the IP, I have a dynamic IP so I believe it changes daily. whatismyip.com tells me that my IP is currently 173.206.106.121

Jager
19 Jul 2010, 12:32pm
well if you have a dynamic ip, it is difficult for me to get the specific ip's unbanned as you will have a ton of them. try asking your isp to contact justhost and give them a list of the ip range you can use to get whitelisted.