PDA

View Full Version : Remove show-damage on ZE

Harry
14 Jul 2010, 06:11pm
It's useless and a waste of CPU and bandwidth to have "damage: x" ticker popup when in ZE. I propose it be removed and hopefully the server will run lighter. It's useless.

Drox
14 Jul 2010, 06:17pm
I dont have any lag issues with it, and actually enjoy seeing im hitting the zombie when Im from a far distance so personally I think it should stay.

Repus
14 Jul 2010, 09:37pm
I like it too, I don't know how hard it is on server however.

Nasu
15 Jul 2010, 01:39pm
I like it a lot. It shows that youre actually hitting them while running or shooting from long distance.
I dont have any lag problems with it either. And I dont get how does it actually use so much cpu?

Harry
15 Jul 2010, 01:43pm
I am referring to possible server-side lag. Not client-side lag.

The server needs to hook and send the damages to each client when it happens, which I assume puts some sort of strain on the CPU. In big gun battles, hence, the server FPS drops down a lot.

starbucks
15 Jul 2010, 01:48pm
It makes zombies hiding with low health, instead of running and trying to kill humans, even if they die.

Methelod
15 Jul 2010, 02:24pm
Starbucks it just shows how much damage you do to them the zombies don't have a total health, and I like it since it shows that you are actually doing something for your team.

FloydRix
15 Jul 2010, 02:48pm
I like it.

Shadowex3
15 Jul 2010, 06:40pm
The server records and sends players this information ANYWAY, that's why hacks are able to display it and after you die you get a "Damage given/taken" readout. The only difference is this tells you as you do it instead of just storing it for later.

[edit]

And furthermore sending players pure text information like this would be on the order of individual bytes, it's equivalent to text chat.

HaraJoo
16 Jul 2010, 12:52pm
I dont lag with it and its very good and it shows if you almost have killed the zombie:d