PDA

View Full Version : solid 10 fps

Repus
14 Jul 2010, 01:49am
I have made thread about this before, searched everywhere, I have not found awnser. So I try again, before this thing makes me quit.

So, When ever I play css I have fps about 30 when nothing special is happening and 9-10 fps on escape most of the time. This problem came around when cs:s update limited beta came. Not right away but around those days. I thought it was only on css and css beta, since i have no problem playing l4d, l4d2 and half life series, portal and so on. Yesterday however i downloaded again TF2, I found out that problem there is worse.

This is not network issue since i have same fps when i play offline with few bots. I have tried everything i know: lowering graphics, virus scan, defragmenting game files, deragmenting whole computer, rates, deleting all game files and reinstalling.

http://yfrog.com/9e10fpsj
In that picture it shows how bad it is. On server I have 53 ping, there was only 6 players(including me), and this guy only upgrades hes dispenser.

I have Acer Aspire 8920G laptop, with windows vista so my specs are about:
Intel dual core 2 processor 2,2ghz
3GB RAM

So, anyone have idea, I have not tried?

mapper
14 Jul 2010, 03:00am
It's just your laptop. I had the same problem for months and months.
I could handle css with 100+ fps years ago with my Acer Aspire 8400G M+ laptop,
Intel dual core 2 processor 1,8ghz
2GB RAM.

Buying a new graphic card solves it =P But it's a laptop so you have to buy another pc/laptop since you can't upgrade it.

MPQC
14 Jul 2010, 07:10am
Try: r_dynamic 0 in console.

Spiffy
14 Jul 2010, 09:23am
I have made thread about this before, searched everywhere, I have not found awnser. So I try again, before this thing makes me quit.

So, When ever I play css I have fps about 30 when nothing special is happening and 9-10 fps on escape most of the time. This problem came around when cs:s update limited beta came. Not right away but around those days. I thought it was only on css and css beta, since i have no problem playing l4d, l4d2 and half life series, portal and so on. Yesterday however i downloaded again TF2, I found out that problem there is worse.

This is not network issue since i have same fps when i play offline with few bots. I have tried everything i know: lowering graphics, virus scan, defragmenting game files, deragmenting whole computer, rates, deleting all game files and reinstalling.

http://yfrog.com/9e10fpsj
In that picture it shows how bad it is. On server I have 53 ping, there was only 6 players(including me), and this guy only upgrades hes dispenser.

I have Acer Aspire 8920G laptop, with windows vista so my specs are about:
Intel dual core 2 processor 2,2ghz
3GB RAM

So, anyone have idea, I have not tried?

Did you have fps problems on TF2 before? It could possibly be due to all the new engine updates and there is something enabled that is really taxing your system. Normally I would give you an fps config to try but I don't know of any good ones since the update came out. I would try normal things like making sure HDR is off and turning off shadows (r_shadows 0) to see if it makes a difference.

It's just your laptop. I had the same problem for months and months.
I could handle css with 100+ fps years ago with my Acer Aspire 8400G M+ laptop,
Intel dual core 2 processor 1,8ghz
2GB RAM.

Buying a new graphic card solves it =P But it's a laptop so you have to buy another pc/laptop since you can't upgrade it.

Please read posts fully before giving advice. =\

Jager
14 Jul 2010, 10:24am
r_mmx "1"
r_sse "1"
r_sse2 "1"
r_3dnow "1"
mat_forceaniso "0"
mat_trilinear "0"
mat_bumpmap "1"
mat_specular "0"
mat_fastspecular "0"
mat_compressedtextures "1"
mat_picmip "2"
mat_filtertextures "1"
mat_mipmaptextures "0"
r_renderoverlayfragment "0"
r_decal_cullsize "1"
r_drawflecks "0"
mat_texture_list_all "0"
mat_parallaxmap "0"
g_ragdoll_fadespeed "10"
cl_ragdoll_collide "1"
cl_ragdoll_physics_enable "1"
r_teeth "0"
r_lod "0"
r_rootlod "7"
mat_antialias "0"
mat_vsync "0"
mat_forcehardwaresync "0"
mat_monitorgamma "1.6"
mat_reducefillrate "1"
r_fastzreject "1"
cl_forcepreload "1"
mat_texture_limit "-1"
mat_envmaptgasize "16"
mat_envmapsize "32"
mat_filterlightmaps "0"
mat_hdr_enabled "0"
mat_hdr_level "0"
mat_disable_bloom "1"
mat_bloomscale "0"
mat_autoexposure_max "0"
mat_autoexposure_min "0"
muzzleflash_light "0"
r_dynamic "0"
r_maxdlights "0"
r_maxnewsamples "0"
r_minnewsamples "0"
r_maxsampledist "0"
r_occlusion "0"
mat_fastspecular "1"
r_shadows "1"
r_shadowrendertotexture "1"
r_shadowmaxrendered "0"
r_lightaverage "0"
r_worldlightmin "1"
r_PhysPropStaticLighting "0"
r_forcewaterleaf "0"
r_waterforceexpensive "0"
r_waterdrawreflection "0"
r_waterdrawrefraction "0"
r_waterforcereflectentities "0"
mat_wateroverlaysize "16"
mat_clipz "0"
r_cheapwaterend "0.1"
r_cheapwaterstart "0"
cl_show_splashes "0"
r_drawbatchdecals "1"
r_decals "10"
mp_decals "10"
r_drawmodeldecals "1"
r_maxmodeldecal "50"
r_spray_lifetime "1"
cl_ejectbrass "0"
rope_smooth "0"
rope_averagelight "0"
rope_wind_dist "0"
rope_subdiv "0"
rope_shake "0"
rope_collide "0"
props_break_max_pieces "-1"
r_drawdetailprops "0"
r_eyeglintlodpixels "0"
r_eyeshift_x "0"
r_eyeshift_y "0"
r_eyeshift_z "0"
r_eyemove "0"
r_eyesize "0"
r_eyes "0"
r_flex "0"
dsp_slow_cpu "1"
volume "1.0"
snd_musicvolume "0.0"
net_graphpos "2"
net_graphheight "64"
cl_showfps "0"
cl_showpluginmessages "1"
hud_saytext_time "12"
r_lod "-1"
r_shadows "0"
r_renderoverlayfragment "0"
r_dynamic "0"
r_lightaverage "0"
r_rootlod "2"
r_shadowmaxrendered "-1"
r_shadowrendertotexture "0"
r_worldlightmin "1"
r_worldlights "1"
mat_dxlevel 81
mat_antialias "0"
mat_forceaniso "1"
mat_vsync "0"
mat_trilinear "0"
mat_bumpmap "0"
mat_forceaniso "0"
mat_specular "0"
mat_monitorgamma "1.2"
mat_mipmaptextures "1"
fog_enable "0"
cl_smooth "0"

those are all the settings to adjust to give you the highest fps you are going to get.

granted you may not need them all, but there you go

also it forces tf2 into dx8 mode which doesnt look great, but does boost fps. try as many as you need to get decent playable fps then turn on what you want to look ok.

you will have to find your happy middle.

Repus
14 Jul 2010, 10:31am
Did you have fps problems on TF2 before? It could possibly be due to all the new engine updates and there is something enabled that is really taxing your system. Normally I would give you an fps config to try but I don't know of any good ones since the update came out. I would try normal things like making sure HDR is off and turning off shadows (r_shadows 0) to see if it makes a difference.

I did have better fps on tf2 before, with pretty high graphics. But same thing is on css, its just worse on tf2.

I found this program that disables background shit on my computer while playing, now my fps lift to 40-100.
So it kind of made this thread now useless. For 30 days, since the program is 30 day free trial.

Harry
14 Jul 2010, 10:49am
I found this program that disables background shit on my computer while playing, now my fps lift to 40-100.
[..] For 30 days, since the program is 30 day free trial.
Learn how to Ctrl+Shift+Escape and kill useless processes (determine which ones you don't need running)? Glad you got it working though!

Repus
14 Jul 2010, 10:55am
Learn how to Ctrl+Shift+Escape and kill useless processes (determine which ones you don't need running)? Glad you got it working though!

I don't even know what is (D:) drive, I have no balls to even try something with those.
I still need something after that program stops. I'm so happy now, every animation looks like fucking highspeed.

Spiffy
14 Jul 2010, 11:35am
Download Hijackthis here: http://download.cnet.com/Trend-Micro-HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10227353.html

I know the name makes you cautious but it is a legitimate program made by Trend Micro.

Install it, turn off the other program you downloaded and click "Do a system scan and save a logfile" and post the contents.

mapper
14 Jul 2010, 04:46pm
Please read posts fully before giving advice. =\

And I did, why would you think i didn't fully read his post ?=/
I just wanted to say I had the same problem with an even worse spec, altho my whole laptop was slow in general:P

Daze
14 Jul 2010, 05:17pm
Acer is notoriously shit for heat ventilation. My advice would be to download Speedfan (http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php), check the temps while the game is running etc and post the results.

Spiffy
18 Jul 2010, 07:05pm
Where are we at on this Repus?

Repus
18 Jul 2010, 09:08pm
Where are we at on this Repus?

Well I have 40-100 fps when using this program, but its only limited free trial 10 days left, without it fps is again 10. So I need something when the program is over.

Spiffy
18 Jul 2010, 10:01pm
Download Hijackthis here: http://download.cnet.com/Trend-Micro-HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10227353.html

I know the name makes you cautious but it is a legitimate program made by Trend Micro.

Install it, turn off the other program you downloaded and click "Do a system scan and save a logfile" and post the contents.

Can you do this for me? It will show us processes and some registry info and we can tell you what is unneeded.

Neji
27 Jul 2010, 10:34am
Why the hell would you need HijackThis in fps problem, lol?

Turn off all your P2P programs, windows side bars, and all those stuff. If you have everything on high, then put everything on medium. Maybe your graphic card can't handle everything high. If you still get the problem, then I don't know. That's all I can think of.

Spiffy
27 Jul 2010, 10:40am
Why the hell would you need HijackThis in fps problem, lol?

Turn off all your P2P programs, windows side bars, and all those stuff. If you have everything on high, then put everything on medium. Maybe your graphic card can't handle everything high. If you still get the problem, then I don't know. That's all I can think of.

Maybe you should read the thread before questioning a valid technique and following it with garbage suggestions. He clearly stated that he found a program that limits the resources to other processes and give them to the game that he is playing. Therefore, I wanted him to post his hijackthis log so I can see what processes he is running and what unneeded crap is on his computer.

Neji
27 Jul 2010, 10:47am
Maybe you should read the thread before questioning a valid technique and following it with garbage suggestions. He clearly stated that he found a program that limits the resources to other processes and give them to the game that he is playing. Therefore, I wanted him to post his hijackthis log so I can see what processes he is running and what unneeded crap is on his computer.

Sorry, TL:DR. I thought it would be another "My fps went low randomly".

Sniper
27 Jul 2010, 12:24pm
Here's a thread from the Steampowered forums that may help with your problem.

Link (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1341532)

vorter
27 Jul 2010, 01:09pm
get a new card :D

Repus
28 Jul 2010, 08:24am
Here's a thread from the Steampowered forums that may help with your problem.

Link (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1341532)

Thanks, this worked. Just in time since the programs trial ends tomorrow. Fps is not as high as with the program but its not 10 atleast.

I also am bit disappointed, I was kind of hoping that this would be my excuse to stop playing games and live my life. I have to wait until this breaks, I'm not willing to buy new one.