PDA

View Full Version : [Abandoned] ba_Space_Station_Jail

Forester155
13 Jul 2010, 07:27pm
<fieldset><div align="center"><blink><b class="blue"><font size="3">Ba_Space_Station_Jail</font></b></blink></div></fieldset>

<fieldset><div align="center"><b class="green">Whats the Map about?</b>

This is a Jail literally floating in space. The Cells are on a seperate "Block" from the space station. They are connected Via a ventilation tunnel, and two spanning cables. Two trams travel upon these cables, bringing the prisoners from the cell block to the main station in the "main hall" CTs can then choose the location they want the Ts to go, and a lit path will lead them there. the "kill room" will be a double seal airlock that forces subjected prisoners into the vaccum of space. there will be many more features that i plan to list later, along with pictures as soon as i get better at using hammer. :biggrin: this map should be done before the end of the year </div></fieldset>

<fieldset><div align="center"><b class="green">Total Hours Spent Making the Map</b>

2.5 [learning the specifics of hammer]</div></fieldset>

<fieldset><div align="center"><b class="green">Completion Percentages</div></b>

<ul><ul><li> [b]Learning Hammer/Spawn
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1c/Progress_bar_10.svg/120px-Progress_bar_10.svg.png

Sorry, No Pictures Yet
<li> (Coming Soon)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1c/Progress_bar_0.svg/120px-Progress_bar_0.svg.png

Sorry, Nothing yet.
</div></fieldset>

<fieldset><div align="center"><b class="green">Currently Working On</b>

Familiarizing myself with hammer and perfecting use of the control interface for hammer. </div></fieldset>

<fieldset><div align="center"><b class="green">FPSB Work In Progress</b>

Coming Soon... </div></fieldset>

LunarKirby
14 Jul 2010, 01:56am
So you are new to mapping and you are going to make a prison break map? Hmmmm, I believe that it would be easy to make, but from what I see will be bad quality. However if you are going to make it focus on this,
- Balance of T and CT
- Secrets/Vents/Teleports
- Lighting
- Space. Do not make a big giant room, its kind of makes the enviornment bad, somehow.

Good Luck,
Also learn Nodraw before you make this map, this will be VERY important.

Exacto-Be
14 Jul 2010, 06:06am
if it's ur first time i suggest u check out the optimization threads before starting :thumb:

... if u got any questions u can pm me or post em here

about the mapidea, sounds sexy :madgrin:

Kratos
14 Jul 2010, 07:17am
sounds like itll be a good map

Forester155
14 Jul 2010, 07:18am
if it's ur first time i suggest u check out the optimization threads before starting :thumb:

... if u got any questions u can pm me or post em here

about the mapidea, sounds sexy :madgrin:

Yeah I'm definitely going to check out optimization, i don't want this to come out shitty. i know the basics because i used to make maps in other games but hammer is new for me, optimization is a good idea. :D

So you are new to mapping and you are going to make a prison break map? Hmmmm, I believe that it would be easy to make, but from what I see will be bad quality. However if you are going to make it focus on this,
- Balance of T and CT
- Secrets/Vents/Teleports
- Lighting
- Space. Do not make a big giant room, its kind of makes the enviornment bad, somehow.

Good Luck,
Also learn Nodraw before you make this map, this will be VERY important.

Thanks for the tips! i actually was going to add a system of vents that had Trip Lasers which would lock them when tripped, but control panels inside the vents that could be knifed or shot to de-activate the lasers. the trick would be that access to some of the more "special" features [like forced launch of the escape pods by destablization of the engines] can only be accessed by breaking the panel to deactivate the lasers that would lock the vent, the catch is that the control panel is on the other side of the lasers ;) guns would be useful in that situation.

P.S. I will take your advice and learn Nodraw.

Oh, and TY Kratos. lol

Neutronrocks
19 Sep 2010, 03:57pm
I am assuming this is dead?

Focus_
10 Mar 2011, 02:55pm
I would be willing to pick up on this project with you Forester, if you're still interested...

HZK
12 Mar 2011, 05:29am
focus please check the date before you post. You just revived a thread.

Suicide
14 Mar 2011, 08:02pm
Show us some SS's. :)