PDA

View Full Version : ONE PIECE

Lemonstein
7 Jul 2010, 03:58pm
Its about motherf***ing pirates!
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/71384529/1

Good news everyone, we're gonna have our crew back!

PowStriker
7 Jul 2010, 07:37pm
I hate One Piece =\ Just can't stand it lol

Captain Sparrow
9 Jul 2010, 02:52pm
But i don't think we will see the crew for a while.

At the end you see chopper reading a newspaper, Luffy probably accepted what that white haired pirate said. Like a kinda of funky way to find his friends i bet.

Harry
9 Jul 2010, 03:55pm
Agree tenfold. One of the worst anime and manga series I have ever seen.

Lemonstein
9 Jul 2010, 04:08pm

u 2 gtfo of this thread! lol

Jaffa
9 Jul 2010, 05:04pm
Great anime series, I don't read the manga though, prefer to wait for the anime

PowStriker
9 Jul 2010, 05:57pm
Great anime series, I don't read the manga though, prefer to wait for the anime

Isn't the guy in your sig from One Piece? lol

Ultramarine
11 Jul 2010, 03:55pm
Love One Piece... but... WHAT THE FUCK

We had to wait 2 weeks for the god damned new episode, so i thought they where going to have like an hour long special episode with the start of the attack on Marineford. Turns out, We have a 20 minute long episode of FILLERS. WHAT THE FUCK.

Jaffa
11 Jul 2010, 04:21pm
Better than a filler arc right in the middle of the big fight arc like Bleach did

Ultramarine
11 Jul 2010, 04:46pm
Better than a filler arc right in the middle of the big fight arc like Bleach did

I stopped watching Bleach because of that... :sad2:

Jaffa
11 Jul 2010, 06:07pm
Bleach is back to awesomeness

All the visor's just showed up, Aizen and co broke the fire, its about to hit awesomeness5000

Bullet Wound
11 Jul 2010, 06:11pm

You're weird then...

And you just don't like it because of the lack of ecchi, perv.

Great anime/manga, its fucken EPIC in just the size of it, been around for like 10 years and its at the fucken HALF-WAY point.

God damn only thing I dislike is i'll have to wait another 10 years to see the epic ending.

Harry
11 Jul 2010, 06:24pm
And you just don't like it because of the lack of ecchi, perv.
^^

I just don't like the art, really. I saw just some of it and dropped it due to the art. I am a bit picky, you could say.

Though it could have a very DEEP story, I just never really got into it, due to the art making me want to gouge my eyes out.

Jaffa
11 Jul 2010, 06:25pm
Half-way!

I once considered rewatching all the old episodes, then realised how long it would take me :)

So the overall story arc for future is going to cover whitebeard, blackbeard, warlords, admirals, new wave pirates, gold roger's crew, the dragon/rebels, patch

Awesomeness

PowStriker
12 Jul 2010, 06:40pm
^^

I just don't like the art, really. I saw just some of it and dropped it due to the art. I am a bit picky, you could say.

Though it could have a very DEEP story, I just never really got into it, due to the art making me want to gouge my eyes out.

My thoughts exactly... lol

Kuro
12 Jul 2010, 06:56pm
when the hell is luffy gonna learn haki? and isnt zoro capable of haki? and i feel real bad for where Sanji was sent. dunno how it's suppose to help him become a better fighter

Hellspawn
13 Jul 2010, 06:13pm
I really liked one piece, I watched up to like ep 360 in Japanese when the ep was first released, but I just haven't had the time to watch it

unlike most really long animes one piece at least had funny entertaining fillers instead of complete garbage. although most time you just wanted them to get on with it lol

Lemonstein
29 Jul 2010, 11:41am
Really good chapter this week
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/73264755/1

Kuro
29 Jul 2010, 01:30pm
i didn't get the 16 bell rings. did it have to do with sky island? isnt it great tho that whats his face got haki.. who woulda guested!

Lemonstein
29 Jul 2010, 02:13pm
the bell thing is sort of like a tradition. they right the bell twice to announce a disaster. and every year the ring the bell 16 times, 8 times to thank the old year and 8 times for the new year. apparently luffy wants to mark the beginning of a new age

and yeah, i think his name is Coby. Kinda weird he gets haki lol

Kuro
29 Jul 2010, 05:51pm
the bell thing is sort of like a tradition. they right the bell twice to announce a disaster. and every year the ring the bell 16 times, 8 times to thank the old year and 8 times for the new year. apparently luffy wants to mark the beginning of a new age

and yeah, i think his name is Coby. Kinda weird he gets haki lol

Coby ya thats his name... but no ur wrong unless i misunderstood. They Were all speculating what luffy meant by ringing the bell. The real meaning was to send a message to his crew! Only they truly understood what he meant.

Lemonstein
29 Jul 2010, 08:42pm
Then i have no idea :S, maybe its their meeting point Grove 16 on sabaody archipelago

But then i dont get why he did a circle around Marinford and prayed

Kuro
29 Jul 2010, 11:35pm
Then i have no idea :S, maybe its their meeting point Grove 16 on sabaody archipelago

But then i dont get why he did a circle around Marinford and prayed

now ur cooking with fire! how many rings was it agian.. i forgot..maybe ill re-read the chapter.

Lemonstein
5 Aug 2010, 12:32pm
ok so i think i might have something here:
1 ring around the island: 1 month (a year seems too long for the manga, and a week, too short)
16 bell rings: grove 16 on sabaody archipelago
silent prayer: they gotta play dead for that time
dont forget Chopper had to get back to the island, which means he cant go to luffy right now

and as for the characters:
Chopper is gonna learn new medecines
Sanji will learn to cook the attack food
thats already know. but for the other crew members, i have hypothesis too

Zoro will become stronger by fighting the animals on the planet
Nami will have better use of her clima-tact (shes on an island researching on weather so thats gonna help)
Franky is all destroyed from the explosion and he's on the island where a genius grew up. He'll probably rebuild himself from plans he'll find
Robin is with the revolution, maybe she'll learn more about history or whatever
Brook seems to be in a sort of circus, he'll probably meet someone playing music there
And Usopp, i have no idea. Better sniper, or gonna grow some bawls

Kuro
6 Aug 2010, 10:47pm
ya i think Usopp got balls. so maybe he'll become a real sniper. he's gotta in order to go up against black beards.

and i dont think its really about the food for Sanji, I think he's gonna learn new kama kenpo from it all. And maybe, hopefully, get over his obsession with women.

And yeah i thought for sure Franky would get some upgrades from vegapunk but he blew up the place!

Lemonstein
25 Aug 2010, 06:43pm
Wow, this week's chapter was epic
sadly there wont be any OP for 4 weeks
and wtf, 2 years

Zaraki
25 Aug 2010, 07:10pm
Damn, Bleach UBER, One Piece UBER, hopefully Naruto is up fast and be good... ;)

Kuro
26 Aug 2010, 12:51am
i wouldn't call bleach uber.. but wow ya 2 years..and 4 weeks. maybe he's gonna pull a Naruto and after the 4 weeks it'll automatically be 2 years later. I wonder how certain people will power up. especially nami and chopper.

I was just watching dragonball kai in Japanese when i noticed the voice for krillin sounded very familiar. Turned out it's also the voice of Monkey D. Luffy. Trouble is i used anime news network..... and it took me to the voice actor page.... LUFFY IS AN OLD WOMAN! :cry:

never look up "who" does the voice for your favorite characters. It always ends in tragedy.

*Note*~American Naruto voice actor is also an old woman.

Bullet Wound
28 Aug 2010, 07:40pm
i wouldn't call bleach uber.. but wow ya 2 years..and 4 weeks. maybe he's gonna pull a Naruto and after the 4 weeks it'll automatically be 2 years later. I wonder how certain people will power up. especially nami and chopper.

Well i wouldn't really call it pulling a naruto...it being 2 years after the 4 weeks break would just make sense.

I'm also guess first 2 weeks back are gonna be the crew shown just after their training and heading off. Chapter 600 will be the reunion, callin it now.

Zaraki
28 Aug 2010, 09:17pm
Well i wouldn't really call it pulling a naruto...it being 2 years after the 4 weeks break would just make sense.

I'm also guess first 2 weeks back are gonna be the crew shown just after their training and heading off. Chapter 600 will be the reunion, callin it now.

Anybody noticed that bleach has 8 chapters left? :s
One Piece is making me curious... I WANT TO SEE THOSE POWER UPS!
Certainly Luffy will be cewl :p
Hopper will have more forms...
And nami will have bigger bewbs...

Bullet Wound
28 Aug 2010, 11:30pm
Anybody noticed that bleach has 8 chapters left? :s
One Piece is making me curious... I WANT TO SEE THOSE POWER UPS!
Certainly Luffy will be cewl :p
Hopper will have more forms...

Bleach's last few chapters disappointed me...

So after 1 year of training this new secret move, Ichigo is now extremely strong, extremely fast and has 0 power emitting from him.

He can also handle Aizen like hes nothing now...Aizen....the man who single handedly killed everyone and for the last X number of chapters has pretty much been seen as a god.

I also really hated Ichigo's line when he was all "I will end this with 1 move".

Sorry but bleach is really goin downhill now....also its painfully obviously next 4-5 chapters will be the fight (like hell he'll be finished in 1 move), Aizen will probably get ANOTHER upgrade, and then something something Ichigo kills him, everyone is saved the end.

Zaraki
29 Aug 2010, 07:12am

So after 1 year of training this new secret move, Ichigo is now extremely strong, extremely fast and has 0 power emitting from him.

He can also handle Aizen like hes nothing now...Aizen....the man who single handedly killed everyone and for the last X number of chapters has pretty much been seen as a god.

I also really hated Ichigo's line when he was all "I will end this with 1 move".

Sorry but bleach is really goin downhill now....also its painfully obviously next 4-5 chapters will be the fight (like hell he'll be finished in 1 move), Aizen will probably get ANOTHER upgrade, and then something something Ichigo kills him, everyone is saved the end.

Yeah, bleach is done :sad2:
Hopefully they won't go like *CHING CHANG CHONG, I leally like extla bleach, so my editol asked me to increase the fight with 23027575445 more worthless chapters :s

Kuro
29 Aug 2010, 07:21pm

you wish/dream. Robin could use some sexy outfits tho.

I wanna see Hancock join the crew and Sanji literally shit himself that absent minded luffy got such a hot babe.

Bullet Wound
29 Aug 2010, 08:10pm
you wish/dream. Robin could use some sexy outfits tho.

I wanna see Hancock join the crew and Sanji literally shit himself that absent minded luffy got such a hot babe.

Perona is most likely to join tbh, only real candidate after the two year jump (since she'll be with zoro/milhawk whole time).

Hancock will probably be a re-occurring character who stalks luffy from island to island I bet lol.

I mean, if a new character is gonna join it'll be someone who one of the other characters has spent two years with, I say Perona is the most likely out of them, but tbh she doesn't really fit into a good role on the ship.

Curious to see how each shipmate will part with their 2 year friends, thats longer than any of them have been in luffy's crew if I'm not mistaken, since they are all the same age as from the start of the story, I can't imagine its been more than 6 months in their world.

Kuro
30 Aug 2010, 01:35pm
Perona is most likely to join tbh, only real candidate after the two year jump (since she'll be with zoro/milhawk whole time).

Hancock will probably be a re-occurring character who stalks luffy from island to island I bet lol.

I mean, if a new character is gonna join it'll be someone who one of the other characters has spent two years with, I say Perona is the most likely out of them, but tbh she doesn't really fit into a good role on the ship.

Curious to see how each shipmate will part with their 2 year friends, thats longer than any of them have been in luffy's crew if I'm not mistaken, since they are all the same age as from the start of the story, I can't imagine its been more than 6 months in their world.

i totally forgot about porona. she may just stay there with mihawk.

Zaraki
1 Sep 2010, 11:04am
i totally forgot about porona. she may just stay there with mihawk.

There is announced that one of the crew members will be pregnant...
Guess who :thumb:

Zoro will be Mihawk's evil sidekick :D

Lemonstein
1 Sep 2010, 03:37pm

such lies, i need proof!

Kuro
1 Sep 2010, 04:10pm

Zoro will be Mihawk's evil sidekick :D

pics or it doesnt exist.

damn troll

Zaraki
1 Sep 2010, 04:24pm
pics or it doesnt exist.

damn troll

Usopp is pregant...
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/98271344/8

He's totally puffy, Zoro is the father that has to stay away from his kid for two years...

:thumb:

Uhm srry that i spoiled it for you guys :sad2:

Kuro
1 Sep 2010, 04:26pm
Usopp is pregant...
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/98271344/8

He's totally puffy, Zoro is the father that has to stay away from his kid for two years...

:thumb:

Uhm srry that i spoiled it for you guys :sad2:

i didn't realize you were yaoi

Bullet Wound
9 Sep 2010, 09:31am

Sorry but bleach is really goin downhill now....also
its painfully obviously next 4-5 chapters will be the fight
(like hell he'll be finished in 1 move),
Aizen will probably get ANOTHER upgrade,
and then something something Ichigo kills him, everyone is saved the end.

I lol'd at how predictable bleach is (yes off-topic but we were talking about it before, besides One Piece has a one month break now).

Already got 2/4 predictions right, last predictions are pretty obvious as well.

Zaraki
9 Sep 2010, 09:54am
I lol'd at how predictable bleach is (yes off-topic but we were talking about it before, besides One Piece has a one month break now).

Already got 2/4 predictions right, last predictions are pretty obvious as well.

Ichigo will do final getsuga tenshou... but he'll fail...
He'll go ultra hollow again (but this time it's UPGRADED ULTRA SUPER HOLLOW)
And he'll kill him...

Fuck Bleach, another 5 chapters and it's done

Lemonstein
9 Sep 2010, 10:04am
Fuck Bleach, another 5 chapters and it's done

how do you know its gonna end in 5 chapters?

Bullet Wound
9 Sep 2010, 11:52am
how do you know its gonna end in 5 chapters?

The said it somewhere at somepoint.

Ultramarine
10 Sep 2010, 10:46am
besides One Piece has a one month break now)

WUT

:sad2:

Bullet Wound
10 Sep 2010, 12:02pm
WUT

:sad2:

The Manga does, and its already two weeks into the break, so only two weeks left :thumb:

Ultramarine
10 Sep 2010, 12:06pm
The Manga does, and its already two weeks into the break, so only two weeks left :thumb:

Manga? O, that's fine :P

Thought you meant the anime was taking a month break, RIGHT when luffy shows up.

i was prepared to grab plane tickets to japan and beat people.

Bullet Wound
10 Sep 2010, 12:24pm
Manga? O, that's fine :P

Thought you meant the anime was taking a month break, RIGHT when luffy shows up.

i was prepared to grab plane tickets to japan and beat people.

Lol no, Anime is actually pretty far behind the manga right now. I could so tell you everything thats gonna happen for the next like 10 episodes :P

Ultramarine
10 Sep 2010, 08:07pm
Lol no, Anime is actually pretty far behind the manga right now. I could so tell you everything thats gonna happen for the next like 10 episodes :P

I aint reading this thread until One Piece is finished.

Hopefully that wont be for a long time to come.

Seriously, they've reached the Half way point into the Grand line, @ 400+ episodes?

Holy Jesus.

badfat7
17 Sep 2010, 06:21pm
ONE PIECE FTW Scre Bleach, Naruto and all them other crap :thumb:

Kuro
19 Sep 2010, 10:15am
one piece has one more week right? can't wait. and everyone stop hating on bleach it's getting better actually.

Bullet Wound
19 Sep 2010, 10:19am
one piece has one more week right? can't wait. and everyone stop hating on bleach it's getting better actually.

I don't really see how ichigo gaining another upgrade makes it better lol.

Kuro
19 Sep 2010, 10:24am
I don't really see how ichigo gaining another upgrade makes it better lol.

dude its a double edge sword. by gaining this power he will no longer be able to be a shinigami.

Bullet Wound
19 Sep 2010, 12:57pm
dude its a double edge sword. by gaining this power he will no longer be able to be a shinigami.

So they say.....anime has a tendency to over-react. My guess is one of the following will happen.

After Ichigo kills Aizen he releases his form and will now have very weak (yet retrainable) shinigami powers - he stays in the human world
After Ichigo kills Aizen he stays forever in that form, keeping those powers - he stays in the shinigami world
After Ichigo kills Aizen he dies/becomes the sword/sacrifices himself to stop the thing Aizen has inside of him

Most likely options I see, TBH the first one is far more likely than the other results.
(And yes, Ichigo will definitely kill/stop Aizen)

Kuro
20 Sep 2010, 10:11am
So they say.....anime has a tendency to over-react. My guess is one of the following will happen.

After Ichigo kills Aizen he releases his form and will now have very weak (yet retrainable) shinigami powers - he stays in the human world
After Ichigo kills Aizen he stays forever in that form, keeping those powers - he stays in the shinigami world
After Ichigo kills Aizen he dies/becomes the sword/sacrifices himself to stop the thing Aizen has inside of him

Most likely options I see, TBH the first one is far more likely than the other results.
(And yes, Ichigo will definitely kill/stop Aizen)

DUDE.

Facts:

*Ichigo's father recently regained his powers
*Ichigo's father uses the same technique as Ichigo
*Ichigo's father knew about thefinal technique.
*The last chapter clearly states he'll lose his powers after evoking said technique

Lemonstein
20 Sep 2010, 01:33pm
how about people talk about bleach in the bleach thread and about one piece in this thread?

last episode was nice, luffy is so reckless lmao

Kuro
20 Sep 2010, 04:42pm
how about people talk about bleach in the bleach thread and about one piece in this thread?

last episode was nice, luffy is so reckless lmao

omg arnt u excited about the manga!!!!! omg did i watch one piece this week? *goes check right now*

Vader
22 Sep 2010, 10:02pm
omg arnt u excited about the manga!!!!! omg did i watch one piece this week? *goes check right now*

Can't wait till next episode of one piece, luffy is going sparta on everyone. This is like the best battle ever. Wonder what will be after this battle.
-boo manga-

Lemonstein
29 Sep 2010, 04:06pm
why god why do one piece chapters take so long !!!! mangastream had to have problems with its raw provider after a month-long pause

Zaraki
29 Sep 2010, 04:11pm
why god why do one piece chapters take so long !!!! mangastream had to have problems with its raw provider after a month-long pause

10 years have been skipped :D
I SENSE UBERNESS!! :D

Ghostie
29 Sep 2010, 04:30pm
luffy is going sparta on everyone.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4582/s2tz09.gif

KScorp
29 Sep 2010, 04:33pm

Or it just MIGHT be possible that the author went on a one-month break, since the series is going though a 10 year timeskip.

They even posted twitter updates about it.

By the way, I don't read one piece. My impression of it is that it's a bunch of loosely strung together adventures where the characters do indeed develop in them, but otherwise there isn't much of a connection between their various battles and whatnot. Is that correct or is it deeper than that?

Bullet Wound
29 Sep 2010, 04:44pm
10 years have been skipped :D
I SENSE UBERNESS!! :D

2 Years.....not 10.

Or it just MIGHT be possible that the author went on a one-month break, since the series is going though a 10 year timeskip.

They even posted twitter updates about it.

By the way, I don't read one piece. My impression of it is that it's a bunch of loosely strung together adventures where the characters do indeed develop in them, but otherwise there isn't much of a connection between their various battles and whatnot. Is that correct or is it deeper than that?

Author went on a 2 week break, and hes usually a good 2-3 chapters ahead of whats published anyways.

And you are soooooo wrong, so very very very very wrong. In fact one of the best things about one piece is how everything ties together.

Why did you guys think it was a 10 year skip anyways?

KScorp
29 Sep 2010, 08:12pm
I thought it was 10 years because Zaraki said 10 years (although my memory said it was 2, I trusted Zaraki more. Silly me.)

I'll try it out and see.

Kuro
30 Sep 2010, 01:33am
zaraki's otaku meter took a big hit*

but ya trouble with raws .. they'll have em tomorrow.

Zaraki
30 Sep 2010, 07:29am
zaraki's otaku meter took a big hit*

but ya trouble with raws .. they'll have em tomorrow.

I was told 10. Didn't need to check since Fellow Otaku Fullmetal didn't said anything about it...
Trust meter has dropped :]

Lemonstein
30 Sep 2010, 08:08am
Awesome sauce chapter!!
ONE PIECE IS BACK!

im a little sad zoro isnt lost :(
but chopper still believes anything :D

Bullet Wound
30 Sep 2010, 10:08am
I'm disappointed that it was just a normal length chapter, was hoping for a double length one.

Other than that all good though, characters all seem like they've grown (franky is a fucken tank now).

We should have seen Zoro and Franky though, not just in the colour spread.

Lemonstein
30 Sep 2010, 10:50am
I'm disappointed that it was just a normal length chapter, was hoping for a double length one.

its still longer thans usual, 26 pages instead of 18 usually

Kuro
30 Sep 2010, 02:52pm
robin and nami look kinda off to me... not sure if like. Does this mean Hancock isn't joining the crew? i really wanna see Sanji freak when he hears Luffy won the heart of such a hot babe.

Bullet Wound
30 Sep 2010, 04:08pm
robin and nami look kinda off to me... not sure if like. Does this mean Hancock isn't joining the crew? i really wanna see Sanji freak when he hears Luffy won the heart of such a hot babe.

Why would you ever think hancock would join? Shes the leader of an entire island, and although she'd probably leave them for luffy they wouldn't let her.

Haven't seen Zoro yet though, so Perona being in it is possible (doubtful though).

Vader
2 Oct 2010, 07:35pm
Why would you ever think hancock would join? Shes the leader of an entire island, and although she'd probably leave them for luffy they wouldn't let her.

Haven't seen Zoro yet though, so Perona being in it is possible (doubtful though).

I don't really think they need her for anything.. The crew is already strong together.
-I miss Zoro!

Kuro
4 Oct 2010, 10:15am
u guys act like fag fanboys.. they can add more crewmates if they want. they're a pirate crew not some elitist members only club

Bullet Wound
4 Oct 2010, 10:30am
u guys act like fag fanboys.. they can add more crewmates if they want. they're a pirate crew not some elitist members only club

Fanboys?

Explain.

Kuro
4 Oct 2010, 12:03pm

Fanboys?

Explain.

i mean you extra hardcore otaku's who think the straw hat crew should consist of only certain members and that's it.

speaking of which I WANT VIVI BACK:cry:

Bullet Wound
4 Oct 2010, 12:32pm
i mean you extra hardcore otaku's who think the straw hat crew should consist of only certain members and that's it.

speaking of which I WANT VIVI BACK:cry:

lol Speculating on who will be in the crew isn't being otaku.

I also never said anyone should or should not be in it, I just stated a possibility and why another possibility was not likely.

Ugh, its like people don't even know the definition of the word.

Zaraki
4 Oct 2010, 12:57pm
lol Speculating on who will be in the crew isn't being otaku.

I also never said anyone should or should not be in it, I just stated a possibility and why another possibility was not likely.

Ugh, its like people don't even know the definition of the word.

Way to be white :]

Bullet Wound
4 Oct 2010, 03:13pm
Way to be white :]

Pink now hoe!

Metal
4 Oct 2010, 03:23pm
Fanboys.....Who uses that term nowadays?

Nerds.. thats right, dont mind me

Lemonstein
4 Oct 2010, 03:30pm
Hancock had an orgasm in this week's episode >.<

Vader
4 Oct 2010, 08:34pm

for about 8 minutes?
-I loled at when she said "marriage"

Kuro
5 Oct 2010, 03:28am
Fanboys.....Who uses that term nowadays?

Nerds.. thats right, dont mind me

And You Are?

ya i skipped it. talk about awkward filler. i dunno why but only do i critique the one piece anime to the manga. I'm constantly going.. wait .. thats not the right order... or thats not exactly how it went or something like that.

Lemonstein
6 Oct 2010, 04:37pm
oh well, nothing really new but whatever, next chapter will be 600 so i hope we will have some action, or at least the crew gathering and do something nice.

though im kinda disappointed by franky's look :(

Zaraki
6 Oct 2010, 04:57pm
Meh kinda disspointed too about franky... he could have been WAY cooler than that :'(
Luffy surprised me kinda :s

and Zoro is badass xD

Vader
6 Oct 2010, 05:13pm
How far is the manga from anime?
-Can't wait to see the crew back together!-

Bullet Wound
6 Oct 2010, 09:29pm
How far is the manga from anime?
-Can't wait to see the crew back together!-

In the manga they are together (well almost, next chapter).

Kuro
6 Oct 2010, 10:21pm
what did manga stream say about franky? oda is mortal after all.

maybe we should look at it as franky embracing his inner robot.

and zoro lost his eye wtf?!

Zaraki
14 Oct 2010, 05:38am
Nothing much really happened...
Only Chopper realising, Nami's big boobs and Franky has hair...

Bad chapter if you ask me :(

Lemonstein
14 Oct 2010, 08:03am
Meh not that bad, just not good enough to be chap 600 :(
there was funny part, like Chopper realising he's famous, or Zoro and Sanji fighting :)

Oh and yeah, if luffy could keep the mustache forever that would be epic lmao

Bullet Wound
14 Oct 2010, 09:22am
Yea, was disappointed nothing special at all for the big 600 chapter.

And I lol'd when Zoro gave them number rankings.

Zaraki
14 Oct 2010, 10:17am
Yea, was disappointed nothing special at all for the big 600 chapter.

And I lol'd when Zoro gave them number rankings.

How is that funny? :twitch:

Bullet Wound
14 Oct 2010, 03:06pm
How is that funny? :twitch:

...I really have to explain how the joke went to you?

Kuro
14 Oct 2010, 03:24pm
i thought it was pretty good. franky has some real slick tricks up his sleeve and got his hair back! next week will be the big send off.

Lemonstein
14 Oct 2010, 04:02pm
i dont think they'll leave the island next week
luffy is probably going to get in trouble with the fake straw hats and marines are coming for him
and im kinda curious to know how strong is everyone now so i hope they wont make us wait too long

Zaraki
14 Oct 2010, 04:58pm
...I really have to explain how the joke went to you?

I'm just joking :toung:
Two weeks less bleach doesn't seem to harm anybody xD
There are 2 special last chapters announced so idc...

It's fucked up and we all know it :(

Bullet Wound
14 Oct 2010, 08:00pm
I'm just joking :toung:
Two weeks less bleach doesn't seem to harm anybody xD
There are 2 special last chapters announced so idc...

It's fucked up and we all know it :(

Next two chapters reveal bleach was all a dream inside Ichigo's head.....

Kuro
15 Oct 2010, 01:00am
well im anxious for a couple things.. by the way the crew is talking it sounds like they're still going to fishman island. But I'm waiting to see if Luffy is gonna go after blackbeard or not.

Zealot
16 Oct 2010, 08:50am
i dont think they'll leave the island next week
luffy is probably going to get in trouble with the fake straw hats and marines are coming for him
and im kinda curious to know how strong is everyone now so i hope they wont make us wait too long

Luffy solo's all.

Zaraki
16 Oct 2010, 10:19am
Next two chapters reveal bleach was all a dream inside Ichigo's head.....

HAHAAA XD
Omg yeah that would be the worst ever :p

If they do that, i'll make a trip to japan and kill Tite Kubo for wasting a long time of my life xD

Lemonstein
27 Oct 2010, 09:13am
kewl chap! departure for fishman island! now i just hope the action will come fast

Kuro
27 Oct 2010, 10:16am
kewl chap! departure for fishman island! now i just hope the action will come fast

ya they left fast.. perona didn't join them =( and lol Sanji was so pissed at luffy.

Lemonstein
2 Nov 2010, 04:28pm
jump was early this week :D
we're gonna have an underwater epic fight next!!!

Kuro
3 Nov 2010, 12:30am
ya i was surprised.. early release i was sooo happy. i wanna see straw hat crew kick ass! but I don't think those brothers will put up much of a fight.

Captain Sparrow
5 Nov 2010, 10:35am
Love the fact that one Piece is back ! :)

I can't wait to see Lufy at Arlongs, and meet Arlong again, hopefully.

Kuro
10 Nov 2010, 10:18am
lol they met the cow!

Lemonstein
10 Nov 2010, 10:40am
lmao seacow freaking out :D
Caribou is a fag though :( i though he'd be pretty epic and would try to fight a little but then just beg for pardon

sadly no one piece next week :(

Bullet Wound
10 Nov 2010, 11:09am
lmao seacow freaking out :D
Caribou is a fag though :( i though he'd be pretty epic and would try to fight a little but then just beg for pardon

sadly no one piece next week :(

I thought it was pretty obvious that he would fail hard lol....

And I was very sad at that...no one piece :sad:

Captain Sparrow
12 Nov 2010, 01:48pm
WOOT, the cow x)

Man the Kraken ZOMG ! I hope we see arlong, he must want revenge.

Empire Strikes Black
26 Jan 2011, 11:52pm
Bumping with news.

http://www.japanator.com/funimation-suing-1337-people-over-one-piece-481-18346.phtml

Kuro
27 Jan 2011, 02:12am
Bumping with news.

http://www.japanator.com/funimation-suing-1337-people-over-one-piece-481-18346.phtml

1,337 people sued? obvious troll is obvious

P.S. i got a copy right letter from my isp on tv tokyo's behalf to stop torrenting gintama ...lulz

Elleon
12 Feb 2011, 11:47pm
Episodes 487 of the anime series just aired today.

Blackbeard, the Whitebeard Pirates, the newly arrived Heart Pirates...

Personally, I am damn glad this arc is comming to a close, since now they can get back on track with things. I am really looking foward to seeing the crew again and getting back to character progression.

Not to mention Luffy still has two more crewmates to gather, and after they recap on the others, they can introduce the next.

Kuro
13 Feb 2011, 01:09am
ya but ur not taking into consideration the manga.. bsides after this arc comes a flashback arc that i'm sure they're gonna milk for all its worth and then some.

Elleon
13 Feb 2011, 01:22am
ya but ur not taking into consideration the manga.. bsides after this arc comes a flashback arc that i'm sure they're gonna milk for all its worth and then some.

Of course i'm not taking the manga into consideration. Even if the flashbacks take some time, well worth the step forward.

Zaraki
13 Feb 2011, 05:59am
It prob. will be the same thing as with hitman reborn that One piece anime will be brought down on a point where they can say, YEAH THE STORY IS OVER!

The manga will continue..

Elleon
13 Feb 2011, 11:16am
It prob. will be the same thing as with hitman reborn that One piece anime will be brought down on a point where they can say, YEAH THE STORY IS OVER!

The manga will continue..

I doubt it since the anime still seems to be going strong. I recall reading somewhere where the producer did in fact have an ending planned and is making sure this one will finish to the end.

Of course you could be right, but I don't think so. I would certainly prefer you weren't atleast.

Bullet Wound
13 Feb 2011, 02:09pm
This fight was the half-way mark in the series (at least it originally was).

I was really hoping they would make the fight like 5 episode instead of drawing it out like they did, they're so far behind from the manga now and this fight was a great time to catch up.

I was also sad when whitebeard didn't get half his face torn off, it was badass

Kuro
14 Feb 2011, 02:56pm
i dont understand why they do these forever running anime's anyway.

Vader
14 Feb 2011, 08:17pm
Didn't expect a submarine in one piece.

Elleon
14 Feb 2011, 08:37pm
Didn't expect a submarine in one piece.

Yeah, there are a few things I never expected in One Piece and personally, could certainly do without.

The submarine was just one of many in my opinion, and a lot of the stuff Frankie does is annoying as hell.

Sky Island atleast provided a backstory for those shell things and Usopp playing around, back engineering and refitting them to suite the crew's needs, is pretty much the extent of what I would generally get behind.

If they wanted steampunk type crap they should have really just added it in from the beginning. or else they start to rely on it, and the series focuses less of character improvement and more towards gear.

Bullet Wound
15 Feb 2011, 07:44am
i dont understand why they do these forever running anime's anyway.

Huh? You dislike the fact that One Piece has a long story?

Strange reason to dislike something....

Yeah, there are a few things I never expected in One Piece and personally, could certainly do without.

The submarine was just one of many in my opinion, and a lot of the stuff Frankie does is annoying as hell.

Sky Island atleast provided a backstory for those shell things and Usopp playing around, back engineering and refitting them to suite the crew's needs, is pretty much the extent of what I would generally get behind.

If they wanted steampunk type crap they should have really just added it in from the beginning. or else they start to rely on it, and the series focuses less of character improvement and more towards gear.

The world of one piece is almost entirely ocean, I don't understand why people are surprised that they would have a submarine.

Frankie is the only one who improves himself using gear, not sure why you think the entire cast will do that based on one guy (though arguably ussop and nami rely on gadgets).

Also
You're really gonna hate franky after the timeskip if you're mad at him now

Zaraki
15 Feb 2011, 11:11am
Huh? You dislike the fact that One Piece has a long story?

Strange reason to dislike something....

Maybe he's talking about the long story without the needed suspence to keep him watching.
This is also a reason why i don't watch One Piece just because i see toooo much sidestories in it.

Bleach almost took away my love for anime, until Naruto and Bakuman gave me trust again xD

Bullet Wound
15 Feb 2011, 12:38pm
Maybe he's talking about the long story without the needed suspence to keep him watching.
This is also a reason why i don't watch One Piece just because i see toooo much sidestories in it.

Bleach almost took away my love for anime, until Naruto and Bakuman gave me trust again xD

I don't remember any side stories, what are you talking about?

Bleach makes me sad with how bad it got, and for some reason I just stopped liking naruto, it just got boring for me.

Never seen bakuman though.

Elleon
15 Feb 2011, 01:57pm
I don't remember any side stories, what are you talking about?

Bleach makes me sad with how bad it got, and for some reason I just stopped liking naruto, it just got boring for me.

Never seen bakuman though.

Just because an anime has 300+ episodes, does not in any way mean that it has a long story. Half of these these titles don't even really progress, they hit a wall once they catch up with the manga and then rely on fillers, and then they either give up or make a spinoff.

Detective Conan is comprised of about 500 fillers and zero progression, while Naruto progressed in storyline about 1/10 of the episodes and then came out with Shippuden. Bleach jumps around too much to make a difference, Gintama got nowhere as well, HunterxHunter did reasonable well, One Piece is slow but it does work in a specific direction.

If you were to compare RL, Blackbeared was running wild in the early 18th century, so hopping in a 20th submarine just doesn't mesh right. Every anime follows certain rules, limitations, and guidelines, and when they don't, half the shit doesn't make any sense.

If you don't realize that a lot of characters use gear and these things have a tendancy to get out of hand, I don't know what you are watching.

Usopp gadgets, Nami uses what Usopp makes, Frankie is a Cyborg, Zoro has distinguishing swords, chopper with medical balls, they have a boat with a deathbeam and jetpack booster, world government has their own mechs, a lot of aquatic animals are being introduced to get them out of hotspots, upgrades in bombs, etc...

These are all elements of enhancements in gear, not character progression such as the Fruit, which the entire series centers around. It can get boring focussing on one thing, but it cuts across the grain when they start adding in huge leaps in technological advancement, or that they fill the gaps by doing this.

Kuro
15 Feb 2011, 02:41pm
to clarify i don't hate one piece or the anime. I was merely asking why anime like one piece, bleach, naruto go into production continuously and most others have a certain number of episode run and then go off the air.

as far as the submarine issue goes i dunno what the big deal is. one piece is a big mix of technology as of late.

and ya i hate the way franky looks too. it woulda been better for him to look normal and then either transform or attach hulk armor

Elleon
15 Feb 2011, 03:00pm
as far as the submarine issue goes i dunno what the big deal is. one piece is a big mix of technology as of late.

and ya i hate the way franky looks too. it woulda been better for him to look normal and then either transform or attach hulk armor

Placing emphasis on "as of late". Actually, most recently they made it more power based again which is nice.

It's not that big of a deal really, just annoying at times. Just would be a shame if it came out to whoever had the biggest gun wins type of scenario.

Yeah, I never much liked the look of Franky either, but I suppose it's just style they like and I can deal with it.

Bullet Wound
15 Feb 2011, 05:39pm
Just because an anime has 300+ episodes, does not in any way mean that it has a long story. Half of these these titles don't even really progress, they hit a wall once they catch up with the manga and then rely on fillers, and then they either give up or make a spinoff.

Detective Conan is comprised of about 500 fillers and zero progression, while Naruto progressed in storyline about 1/10 of the episodes and then came out with Shippuden. Bleach jumps around too much to make a difference, Gintama got nowhere as well, HunterxHunter did reasonable well, One Piece is slow but it does work in a specific direction.

I wasn't referring to any anime with a long story, I specifically said one piece which I consider to be (more or less) one large story with a clear goal at the end (Luffy becoming pirate king). I'm painfully aware of how badly most animes fail when it comes to being a long running series, and I agree one piece can be quite slow (they are literally one episode per manga chapter right now). However that doesn't really change my point, just disliking an anime because it is long running makes no sense so long as its good the whole way, the downfall is that most animes cannot keep consistently good for that long which makes most people just assume that long running = dull/bad.

If you were to compare RL, Blackbeared was running wild in the early 18th century, so hopping in a 20th submarine just doesn't mesh right. Every anime follows certain rules, limitations, and guidelines, and when they don't, half the shit doesn't make any sense.

If you don't realize that a lot of characters use gear and these things have a tendancy to get out of hand, I don't know what you are watching.

Usopp gadgets, Nami uses what Usopp makes, Frankie is a Cyborg, Zoro has distinguishing swords, chopper with medical balls, they have a boat with a deathbeam and jetpack booster, world government has their own mechs, a lot of aquatic animals are being introduced to get them out of hotspots, upgrades in bombs, etc...

These are all elements of enhancements in gear, not character progression such as the Fruit, which the entire series centers around. It can get boring focussing on one thing, but it cuts across the grain when they start adding in huge leaps in technological advancement, or that they fill the gaps by doing this.

You can compare all you want to RL....but the universe (or world) of One Piece is not ours (lol). Blackbeard is just based on ours, doesn't have anything to do with the time period.

I like way they do powers/abilities/strength in one piece, its rarely "Guy A is stronger than Guy B therefore Guy A wins". Adding technology was a way to make characters stronger in a unique way rather than "here eat a devil fruit and gain X ability". I also don't see how say luffy learning a new way to use his ability is progression, while Usopp making a new gadget is not. The characters have their own strengths, what it sounds like is that you just want them to all eat devil fruits and rely on those. And Zoro is more or less just collecting the swords, he doesn't actually get stronger when he gets them, its more of a "If I'm going to be the greatest swordsman I need the best swords".

The sudden jump in technology is done by one guy who I'm guessing ate a devil fruit to make him so smart (they said hes somewhere like 400 years ahead of everyone else technology wise) so its not like the two things are random and unrelated.

Also the series isn't about the fruit, its about pirates. The fruits are just an interesting way to make characters have interesting abilities.

Elleon
15 Feb 2011, 08:26pm
Bullet, you just seem to miss the entire point of my post.

Technological advancement is fine, if it makes sense, but a lot on here does appear to be completely unrelated and just completely ridiculous. Having a backstory for everything after 400 episodes is a moot point.

By the way, this thread also concerns the anime series and not just the manga, so hopefully you aren't giving spoilers of the manga in response to people who are primarily referencing the series. Should know that the manga can be completely different in a lot of regards when compared.

The series centers around the fruit. That's how it started, that's how it has always been, and that is how it will end.

EDIT: Also, a shit storyline is a shit storyline and a good one is a good one. People don't like longer series do to the fillers, not the storyline. If it's a great story and everything is consistent, than it doesn't make sense to dislike it, but when fillers, seperate arcs, new characters, and so on, are introduced because of this, than that is why a series has issues.

Bullet Wound
16 Feb 2011, 11:48am
Actually the anime follows the manga pretty much exactly and nothing I have said have been spoilers.

The series does not centre around the fruit, it centres around pirates. The fruit is merely a plot device used to make things more interesting with magic powers and what naught. Without it the pirates would be limited to things they normally would have, guns and swords, which we be far less entertaining then the fruit abilities.

You also act like all this technology has been happening since a while back. Apart from franky everything technologically advanced has been fairly recent, and the explanation (brief one) was also around that time.

I never thought the technology got out of control without a reason, there was a reason. I also highly doubt that technology will ever take the front seat in one piece. In all honesty it just sounds like you dislike technology being in the same world as the devil fruits, and are afraid that the devil fruit will be dwarfed by all this technology.

Elleon
16 Feb 2011, 01:31pm
Actually the anime follows the manga pretty much exactly and nothing I have said have been spoilers.

I asked about spoilers because there I don't recall them mentioning anything about a scientist eating an intelligence fruit.

The series does not centre around the fruit, it centres around pirates.

This series is action oriented, with emphasis on action. The storyline revolves action; it's about competition, who is the strongest. Character progression is about action, plot development is about action, subplot is about action.

What does action entail? Action entails fight scenes. This is why all of the protagonists are fighters, this is why antagonists are fighters, this is why every highpoint is fighting and every low point is not, this is how the story began and that is how it will end.

What do the fight scenes revolve around? The fruit.

You come for the action, you stay for everything else such as characters, exploration, settings, subplots, etc..

If that isn't the case anymore or wasn't, well, that is a different matter.

You also act like all this technology has been happening since a while back. Apart from franky everything technologically advanced has been fairly recent, and the explanation (brief one) was also around that time.

EDIT: I didn't say this, Kuro did I think. While stuff does pop up here now and again, yes, a lot is happening later in the series.

I never thought the technology got out of control without a reason, there was a reason. I also highly doubt that technology will ever take the front seat in one piece. In all honesty it just sounds like you dislike technology being in the same world as the devil fruits, and are afraid that the devil fruit will be dwarfed by all this technology.

I never said it got out of control either. What I am saying is that I hope it doesn't. And yes, I am afraid that focus on the fruit will be lost and if it is, and that would pretty much make everything irrelevant.

Fighting skills revolve around the fruit, not the fruit revolves around the fighting skills.

Bullet Wound
16 Feb 2011, 07:22pm
I asked about spoilers because there I don't recall them mentioning anything about a scientist eating an intelligence fruit.

They didn't mention anything, its just my guess.

Fighting skills revolve around the fruit, not the fruit revolves around the fighting skills.

I find that hard to believe when out of the crew of 9 only 4 actually have a fruit, and of those 4 only 2 use it in fighting (3 if you count chopper but he doesn't use his fruit since its a human fruit) and in the "monster trio" (Luffy/Zoro/Sanji) only 1 of them have a fruit. So I just can't agree that fighting skills revolve around the fruit.

In the war it certainly did revolve around the fruit, I'll agree there, but that doesn't mean you NEED a fruit to be considered strong, it just means that having one makes it easier to be strong.

EDIT: I didn't say this, Kuro did I think. While stuff does pop up here now and again, yes, a lot is happening later in the series.

When you said having an explanation after 400 episodes is moot, it seemed like you were implying you were waiting that long, which would mean the technology was there all along. But yea, I really don't think you need to worry about technology taking over, I would be severely disappointed if that ever happened.

Elleon
16 Feb 2011, 07:42pm
Insignificant details really.

Those are supporting characters. I'll go with it anyways, but although it is obvious you don't NEED the fruit to be strong, it raises the bar, and that's why Luffy is a fruit user and generally so is his enemy.

If you gave Sanji, Zoro, Usopp, & Frankie fruit right now, doesn't even really matter what it is, are you going to say they won't become significantly stronger?

EDIT: But you can't though right, mainly due to the #1 weakness of a fruit user. You to have someone who can save the drowing man.

Brooks is an exception...that just doesn't make any sense to me. If he can do it, anyone at that level should, especially Luffy.

This is also the reason why I dislike the newest element introduced to the mix. It's suppose to be the pinnacle of strength and martial arts, and they ignored it for about 200+ episodes.

How the hell are they going to tie that into the fruit powers? It's more like adding another gun to the mix instead of modifying the original, and that's where I can see them phazing out a lot of things, or making them obsolete.

Bullet Wound
17 Feb 2011, 09:55am
All the crew members are main members in the series, it isn't about Luffy + supporting crew, its about the straw hat pirates.

They may or may not become stronger, in all honesty it depends on what the fruit is and how it could tie in with their current skills. If it hinders how they currently fight or makes it impossible to fight the way they used to, then of course they would become weaker. The fruits aren't supposed to all be powerful, their are some ridicules fruits that can just get in the way of some people's lives.

I'm assuming the new element you're referring to is haki? (I dunno if the name has been referred to in the anime but its not exactly a spoiler)

If so:

Haki is meant to be a counter for fruit powers, making it so that logia types (the ones that can turn into sand and lighting and fire and whatnaught) can still be attacked. In a sense Haki itself actually disproves your argument that having a fruit = only way to be powerful. It also has nothing to do with martial arts lol. Haki has also always been around, it was more rare due to some explanations which you'll be getting shortly in the anime, but its not like it just magically popped up.

Also brook just runs on water, he doesn't actually swim, so the weakness doesn't mean anything there.

Zaraki
17 Feb 2011, 01:54pm
Is this thread about anime or who is right?

Elleon
17 Feb 2011, 01:59pm
They may or may not become stronger, in all honesty it depends on what the fruit is and how it could tie in with their current skills......

I don't think this is it at all. As i said, their skills revolve around the fruit, not the fruit revolves around skills.

Case and point is Lucci and his team. Not to mention, even with a ridiculous fruit, they can still use it. Hell, Franky uses fart power. If Zoro had that, he no longer has to rely on simple cannons for long distance. Whether it's pissing snowflakes or touching everything to make it into styrofoam, it can be used.

Yeah, small details like these don't really matter, but if anything, they don't really have to even use the fruit's powers in a sense. Even with Chopper, I don't think it has been made absolutely clear that their is zero control there.

I'm assuming the new element you're referring to is haki? (I dunno if the name has been referred to in the anime but its not exactly a spoiler).

I avoided the name because I thought it may be a spoiler, not sure, but yes, Haki.

If so:
I haven't seen anything that suggests Haki was created simply to be a counter for fruit users. I haven't even seen it being implied to do so.

When they went to ferris wheel place, the fat guy clearly stated that Luffy and the rest were amatuers, simply because they couldn't/didn't use Haki. Yes, i do think it's suppose to be some martial arts type thing like utilizing ki or chi.

They introduced this on Sky Island vs Lighting and his group, and showed almost nothing since then concerning the issue.

And your statement suggesting this disproves my philosophy on the fuit is deemed completely void since this is exactly what I was talking about when I said they could phaze out the fruit altogether.

Just because a subplot 400 episodes later brings this in does in no way make a sound argument.

I never once said the fruit was the most powerful, I said the series centers around the fruit. The fruit won't make them gods but it can very much improve their skills dramatically.

Also brook just runs on water, he doesn't actually swim, so the weakness doesn't mean anything there.

You see, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. He is still touching water, ocean to be clear, so it shouldn't really make that much of a difference. They haven't mentioned a single thing about how if you move fast enough, you simply cancle the effects.

At this point in the game, anyone who is as strong as Brooks should be able to accomplish that feat somehow. Luffy has increased spead, the whole double stepping should be perfectly adequate to avoid falling in, etc..

Is this thread about anime or who is right?

You may have realized that while having this debate, we have been discussing the anime series this entire time.

Bullet Wound
17 Feb 2011, 02:32pm
I don't think this is it at all. As i said, their skills revolve around the fruit, not the fruit revolves around skills.

Case and point is Lucci and his team. Not to mention, even with a ridiculous fruit, they can still use it. Hell, Franky uses fart power. If Zoro had that, he no longer has to rely on simple cannons for long distance. Whether it's pissing snowflakes or touching everything to make it into styrofoam, it can be used.

Once they get the fruit yes, it would switch, however if the fruit could not be used with your current skills (Say Zoro had Robin's fruit), then you would pretty much have to start from scratch with your fighting ability or ignore the fruit for the most part. Meaning for a while you would be weaker, there would of course be potential to get stronger than you were before, but whos to say you weren't going to get stronger anyways based on your own skills.

Also your argument about Lucci and his team isn't a great one, two of them were pretty much forced to eat the fruits. After that they both had to rely on their new fruit ability to fight (and the giraffe guy was really awkward in fighting), so it could be said they were arguable stronger before, and had they not had the fruits would have won their respective fights. The only reason they ate the fruits was because that guy who was in charge (the one with the elephant sword) told them to.

I avoided the name because I thought it may be a spoiler, not sure, but yes, Haki.

If so:
I haven't seen anything that suggests Haki was created simply to be a counter for fruit users. I haven't even seen it being implied to do so.

When they went to ferris wheel place, the fat guy clearly stated that Luffy and the rest were amatuers, simply because they couldn't/didn't use Haki. Yes, i do think it's suppose to be some martial arts type thing like utilizing ki or chi.

They introduced this on Sky Island vs Lighting and his group, and showed almost nothing since then concerning the issue.

And your statement suggesting this disproves my philosophy on the fuit is deemed completely void since this is exactly what I was talking about when I said they could phaze out the fruit altogether.

Just because a subplot 400 episodes later brings this in does in no way make a sound argument.

I never once said the fruit was the most powerful, I said the series centers around the fruit. The fruit won't make them gods but it can very much improve their skills dramatically.

So I'm going to have to do this in spoilers, because it seems like you have been basing your argument entirely on the anime (which would make sense). However I wasn't simply guessing on what Haki is (So yea, real spoilers ahead).

The definition for haki is explicitly stated in the manga (and soon in the anime), in fact there is about half a chapter dedicated to it. This section really isn't even up for debate, Haki is always there and is in everything living, its just that most things never realize it. If you want a more detailed explanation you can look it, but it was not just created as a counter, it simply always existed and could be used that way. They will not phase out the fruit, this is simply a way to allow non-fruit users to stand on a simliar playing field as those with fruits, which is why I said it negated your argument that combat is all about the fruit

Also saying that the series revolves around the fruit pretty much implies that not having fruit = not strong enough to fight someone with a fruit. Which would makes those with the fruits the most powerful (and actually thats true, most main people in the world of one piece have fruits).

You see, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. He is still touching water, ocean to be clear, so it shouldn't really make that much of a difference. They haven't mentioned a single thing about how if you move fast enough, you simply cancle the effects.

At this point in the game, anyone who is as strong as Brooks should be able to accomplish that feat somehow. Luffy has increased spead, the whole double stepping should be perfectly adequate to avoid falling in, etc..

TBH I doubt its meant as a combat thing, its more of a funny gag that they do (lol skeleton running on water) sort of thing. However the water only affects them if they are submerged, if they simply touch the water its not a big deal.

Elleon
17 Feb 2011, 04:55pm
My stand on the fruit is absolutely valid.

First, it is already implied that becomming a fruit user makes you stronger.

Second, if that if you take the same level Zoro who doesn't use a fruit and have him fight against the same level Zoro who does, the fruit user would always win, always.

It's merely about adapting to the abilities, not replacing existing skills with them. Yes, initially, they may be weaker do to being unfamiliar, but they will always become stronger in the long run.

The examples in the series are fairly irrelevant when taking this into consideration because the they don't show these types of fights.

When you concern Haki, it's exactly what I was stating before. When you add in a new element to the mix 400 episodes, 600 chapters down the line, it can make everything else obsolete. This can be a problem. I like that they use fruits, I like that it was about really finding new ways how to use the fruit and becomming stronger because of that.

If they lose focus on that and everyone were to switch to Haki, that would absolutely make every single fight previously pretty much insignificant. It cuts across the grain.

Yeah, Brooks thing probably is a gag, but I wouldn't mind seeing something being done about the water issue. It been overdone and I really think the problem should be clearly solved by now.

Bullet Wound
17 Feb 2011, 06:04pm
My stand on the fruit is absolutely valid.

First, it is already implied that becomming a fruit user makes you stronger.

Second, if that if you take the same level Zoro who doesn't use a fruit and have him fight against the same level Zoro who does, the fruit user would always win, always.

It's merely about adapting to the abilities, not replacing existing skills with them. Yes, initially, they may be weaker do to being unfamiliar, but they will always become stronger in the long run.

The examples in the series are fairly irrelevant when taking this into consideration because the they don't show these types of fights.

You're starting to shift your argument a bit, it was originally "Fighting revolves around the fruit" not "Those with fruits are stronger", I don't disagree that (assuming the fruit Zoro has had his fruit for a while) that the fruit zoro would win. Regardless of what it was having the same swordsman skills + an ability would obviously give him an edge. But two people being exactly equal like that would never happen.

I don't disagree that most fruit users are normally stronger than non fruit users, but you don't NEED a fruit in order to be strong, which was what you claimed before.

When you concern Haki, it's exactly what I was stating before. When you add in a new element to the mix 400 episodes, 600 chapters down the line, it can make everything else obsolete. This can be a problem. I like that they use fruits, I like that it was about really finding new ways how to use the fruit and becomming stronger because of that.

If they lose focus on that and everyone were to switch to Haki, that would absolutely make every single fight previously pretty much insignificant. It cuts across the grain.

*Sigh*

Its nothing like you were saying, not at all. Not everyone in the series will get a fruit, I doubt at any point in time any crew member will eat a fruit and change. Since this will be about haki I'll put it in spoilers.

Haki is not new, its been used throughout the series, all higher tier fighters have used it, Enel used it (the lightning guy) to predict attacks, those snake sisters both used it, and others did too. Its by no means "new" its just the main characters (the straw hat crew) were never aware of it.

There will be no "switch" Haki isn't a brand new way to fight, its more like an add-on used to enhance your current abilities, and to be able to hurt fruit users who would normally be invincible (any logia really). Without haki everyone would be defenseless from logia types which would be really stupid (everyone, even luffy).

If you still disagree then you're misunderstanding what haki actually is and you should look it up (or wait a month or two when the episode airs that explains it). Like I said its not really a debatable subject, it is what it is and you aren't describing it as it is.

Elleon
18 Feb 2011, 02:46am
I am not shifting anything.

How do you continuously read "The only way to be strong is to use the fruit" from "The fruit makes you stronger".

No, I did not state or even suggest, the only way to become strong is to eat fruit. The series shows that clearly and I stated it clearly.

It's simply a matter of experience and wisdom. Take Luffy in the beginning of the series and pit him against Luffy of now. Luffy of now would win hands down. Why? Because he is more experienced and knows how to use his abilities better.

Was Luffy of the beginning weak? No. Was he weak throughout the series? Obviously not, because he generally wins. Was Luffy in the beginning weaker than he is now? Yes.

Take Zoro of now and pit him against Luffy of the beginning. Zoro would win everytime because he is stronger at this point. Are any of them "weak"? No. It's just a matter of experience and wisdom gained.

Now if that isn't clear enough, I have absolutely no idea how to explain it better or in any other way. You can apply this same exact formula to every other character.

Its nothing like you were saying, not at all. Not everyone in the series will get a fruit, I doubt at any point in time any crew member will eat a fruit and change.

lol, seriously, where are you getting this? I in no way stated that everyone on the crew would get fruit or even suggested it would happen.

EDIT: A lot of what I am saying are general statements, and shouldn't be taken literally. Is this why you don't seem to get a lot of what I'm posting? When I say "everyone", do you really really think I am referring to every single character in the series or something?

Ok, I will admit, Haki was not entirely new, but it's existence certainly wasn't explained until later in the series. It's not as bad as I anticipated, I'll also admit that. Actually, now that I understand it(sadly had to read the spoiler), I can honestly say that this could be a very cool addition.

I was a little worried trying to figure out how exactly that Luffy could level up, considering that Gear Third & Gear Second seemed to be the extent in which he could push the fruit's abilities. It is an entirely new element, but it still revolves around the fruit in my opinion.

It is not as though Luffy will simply just stop using his rubber powers, but instead, he will wrap this around them making it possible to finally damage Logia.

Bullet Wound
18 Feb 2011, 08:32am
I am not shifting anything.
How do you continuously read "The only way to be strong is to use the fruit" from "The fruit makes you stronger".

You're starting to shift your argument a bit, it was originally "Fighting revolves around the fruit" not "Those with fruits are stronger"

I said what I said, not what you said I said (lol). I never once said that I thought your stance was that the only way to be strong was to have a fruit, however many times you have said that having a fruit makes you stronger, when your original statements were like this:

The series centers around the fruit. That's how it started, that's how it has always been, and that is how it will end.

Then it went to this:

You started out saying fighting was all about the fruit, then shifted to having one makes you stronger. Real difference only being it originally seemed like you just wanted everyone to have a fruit (since you said fighting revolved around it), and now you're just pointing out it makes you stronger (which for the most part is true).

lol, seriously, where are you getting this? I in no way stated that everyone on the crew would get fruit or even suggested it would happen.

EDIT: A lot of what I am saying are general statements, and shouldn't be taken literally. Is this why you don't seem to get a lot of what I'm posting? When I say "everyone", do you really really think I am referring to every single character in the series or something?

Actually yes for the most part it did seem that way, not "literally" everyone, but it did seem like you were going in the direction that all the main characters should have one to make them stronger. Guess that was just a misunderstanding.

It's simply a matter of experience and wisdom. Take Luffy in the beginning of the series and pit him against Luffy of now. Luffy of now would win hands down. Why? Because he is more experienced and knows how to use his abilities better.

Was Luffy of the beginning weak? No. Was he weak throughout the series? Obviously not, because he generally wins. Was Luffy in the beginning weaker than he is now? Yes.

Take Zoro of now and pit him against Luffy of the beginning. Zoro would win everytime because he is stronger at this point. Are any of them "weak"? No. It's just a matter of experience and wisdom gained.

Well yea, if you compare it like that than yea Zoro would win hands down. I don't disagree about this, I guess somewhere you misunderstood what I said and interpreted it this way?

Ok, I will admit, Haki was not entirely new, but it's existence certainly wasn't explained until later in the series. It's not as bad as I anticipated, I'll also admit that. Actually, now that I understand it(sadly had to read the spoiler), I can honestly say that this could be a very cool addition.

I was a little worried trying to figure out how exactly that Luffy could level up, considering that Gear Third & Gear Second seemed to be the extent in which he could push the fruit's abilities. It is an entirely new element, but it still revolves around the fruit in my opinion.

It is not as though Luffy will simply just stop using his rubber powers, but instead, he will wrap this around them making it possible to finally damage Logia.

Yea it wasn't explained, but thats not really a bad thing, the crew never would have been able to use it, so in a sense it would have been useless knowledge to them. Waiting until they can actually use it to explain it to them makes sense to me.

And yes thats exactly what haki is, its good you understand now cause you're right, it is cool. And yea, a fruit user's fighting ability will always revolve around the fruit, I'm also interested in how luffy learns how to use his ability in new ways (though at this point I'm not sure how he can use it)

Elleon
18 Feb 2011, 09:08am
The fights do revolve around the fruit, and so does the series. Having an absence of fruit is still revolving around the fruit, because that is what the series revolves around.

Yes, they have other fights with characters like Zoro, Sanji, Nami, Usopp, and Frankie, but those are supporting characters and side fights. The main fights, the ones which advance the storyline, are those with Luffy and his adversary, and one or both are typically fruit users. I am not saying that every fight involves fruit users or that it's the only significant aspect of the series, but that it is the most significant aspect of the series.

When I make general statements like "everyone", it's in direct correlation with specific characters (ie. main antogonists, enemies, Luffy, quite a few of the supporting protagonists), but they are so numerous, I bunch them together. Overall though, when I say "everyone", I am talking about those who already have the fruit abilities.

When I am referring to "everyone" when speaking about Haki, I am typically talking about anyone who fights and would use it. Again though, it's directly related to to something I have previously said.

I don't think he is able to do it either, yet anyways. It's quite obvious he has the potential too, that he has unlocked some of it even if only by accident, but with a little bit of training, I am sure he should be able to do something. The anime hasn't gotten to the part yet, so I will wait to see. Should be pretty good, and hopefully, it'll be at the same time they show what the rest of the Strawhat crew have been doing during the war.

Bullet Wound
18 Feb 2011, 11:31am
The fights do revolve around the fruit, and so does the series. Having an absence of fruit is still revolving around the fruit, because that is what the series revolves around.

Yes, they have other fights with characters like Zoro, Sanji, Nami, Usopp, and Frankie, but those are supporting characters and side fights. The main fights, the ones which advance the storyline, are those with Luffy and his adversary, and one or both are typically fruit users. I am not saying that every fight involves fruit users or that it's the only significant aspect of the series, but that it is the most significant aspect of the series.

When I make general statements like "everyone", it's in direct correlation with specific characters (ie. main antogonists, enemies, Luffy, quite a few of the supporting protagonists), but they are so numerous, I bunch them together. Overall though, when I say "everyone", I am talking about those who already have the fruit abilities.

When I am referring to "everyone" when speaking about Haki, I am typically talking about anyone who fights and would use it. Again though, it's directly related to to something I have previously said.

The fights perhaps but not the series itself. I only agree that the fights revolve around the fruit because its rare to see one where a fruit user is not involved, and when they are involved the fight often becomes a "well how can I counter that ability" fight, especially when a non-fruit user is fighting them.

I wouldn't say luffy's fights are the only ones that advance the series, at first that was pretty true, it'd follow the formula of "Luffy vs Main, Crew vs Mirror Opponents", however in thriller bark that all changed. The crew fighting Kuma was quite significant, as well as them all fighting those kuma robots later on the island and getting separated. But yea, most main fights involve one or more fruit users.

And just so I know, what characters do you actually consider to be main ones? I mean I have my own definition for that (I think luffy and all the crew members are main ones) , but it seems like you're saying luffy is the only main character (as you claim the rest of the crew are just supporting characters).

I don't think he is able to do it either, yet anyways. It's quite obvious he has the potential too, that he has unlocked some of it even if only by accident, but with a little bit of training, I am sure he should be able to do something. The anime hasn't gotten to the part yet, so I will wait to see. Should be pretty good, and hopefully, it'll be at the same time they show what the rest of the Strawhat crew have been doing during the war.

You'll see.