PDA

View Full Version : Server needs updated

Spiritwind
28 Jun 2010, 11:26pm
The server needs updated, its not letting anyone in. Pretty sure you guys know about this, but its always better to double check.

Nasu
29 Jun 2010, 04:17am
Dna scanner goes to detectives default loadout woot :)

Spartan
29 Jun 2010, 08:08am
If you kept up to date with garrys mod then you'd realise it was a gmod update, not TTT. Most likely the TTT update will come soon. Until then, no ttt server.

Spiritwind
29 Jun 2010, 10:25am
I was playing on another servers TTT yesterday, so I assumed the ttt update was already released?

Nasu
29 Jun 2010, 10:47am
I had a poke around and surprisingly everything still seems to be working after the gmod update. I noticed a console warning about "rendering in the wrong place", but helpfully it did not show a file and line number, and I could not reproduce it. If you happen to see this warning in the console after you just did a certain thing, let me know. I know what kind of thing causes it, but it's hard to find without any sort of lead as to where the problem is.

From the TTT forums :/

Methelod
29 Jun 2010, 12:20pm
So when do we get a fix this is annoying.

Spartan
29 Jun 2010, 12:42pm
The server has the latest ttt version on. That's not the problem. The problem is Gmod hasn't updated OUR server yet, but has done for others. You have to wait.

Spiritwind
29 Jun 2010, 02:32pm
Alright, will do. Thanks for the info spartan.

Kaos
29 Jun 2010, 03:25pm
Okay, i was wondering the same thing! Thanks Spartan!

leeroyjenkinsboy
1 Jul 2010, 03:33pm
May I suggest trying a restart of the server?

Methelod
1 Jul 2010, 05:58pm
How come other servers are up yet ours is mysteriously still down?

Rocket Grunt Imperials
1 Jul 2010, 07:12pm
It's been two long sense I fucked around on the server. ):

WeakingWiller
1 Jul 2010, 09:02pm
I don't know if it was in the previous community i was in, but the servers never updated themselves, they needed to be either manually updated in a way or they were simply reseted. And yes, it's been too long.

leeroyjenkinsboy
2 Jul 2010, 12:24pm
Lol like I said just go restart the server maybe even steam on host computer and the server will probably be "magically" fixed. :heh:

Spiritwind
2 Jul 2010, 12:44pm
Just read online that you should run a command through the server which will cause it to connect to the database and update itself.
Something like this?
/steam -command update -game garrysmod -dir gmod

Spartan
3 Jul 2010, 03:46pm
You're all making me rage, seriously. RESTART THE SERVER? YEAH..... MAYBE THAT WILL WORK.....

God damn it guys, I've been trying for days to get this to work, and now, it looks as though the server is gona have to be rebuilt from scratch.