PDA

View Full Version : World Cup bandwagon thread

Jewpiter
27 Jun 2010, 07:12pm
OK since most of our countries are out of the WC who are you supporting now?

i currently like Portugal and the Netherlands

Drox
27 Jun 2010, 07:17pm
Brazil or Japan

b0red
27 Jun 2010, 07:38pm
They all suck

Trogdor
27 Jun 2010, 07:57pm
Germany.

The way I saw them play today was impressive. They play no bullshit. No crying on the ground and shit. Same goes for England really, but they gone.

Prez
27 Jun 2010, 08:04pm
I've been with Brazil since the start. Viva la Brazil!

Lux
27 Jun 2010, 08:44pm
Netherlands....like their attacking players.

Ms. Blargh
27 Jun 2010, 09:10pm
Japan

SgtJoo
27 Jun 2010, 10:50pm
Gonna stop watching now, every team I was caring about lost. US then England then Mexico. :(

HankTheTank
27 Jun 2010, 10:56pm
Chile's taking the cup. You know it.

Phonicz
27 Jun 2010, 11:43pm
Germany is going to win

P3rg3
28 Jun 2010, 04:43am
Netherlands.

Jaffa
28 Jun 2010, 04:54am
Netherlands

Itch
28 Jun 2010, 08:03am
I lived in Brasil, Speak the language, had a pregnancy scare w/a very attractive Brasilian woman. Lost my virginity up against a cinder block wall on the edge of the Brasilian Rain Forest. (wait did I share too much) I dare say I'm going to stick with rooting for Brasil!

Chêvouÿx
28 Jun 2010, 09:01am
Germany. They will win. There's no doubt.

But I'm also voting for Ghana. If Ghana keeps winning and Germany keeps winning, I'll end up "voting" for Germany to win ultimately, but, nonetheless, it'd look bad if Ghana lost.

Go Germany! :D

Ms. Blargh
28 Jun 2010, 09:23am
I lived in Brasil, Speak the language, had a pregnancy scare w/a very attractive Brasilian woman. Lost my virginity up against a cinder block wall on the edge of the Brasilian Rain Forest. (wait did I share too much) I dare say I'm going to stick with rooting for Brasil!
Hawt

SATAN
28 Jun 2010, 09:33am
I think Argentina is gonna win, not really supporting them though.

The Baltimore Ravens
28 Jun 2010, 09:52am
Netherlands.

same.

Red
28 Jun 2010, 11:53am
My team is going to win, suck it bitches.

crazy_tim412
28 Jun 2010, 12:15pm
Still the Netherlands
We cheese heads are going to whipe the brazillians of the map in the quarter finales
(With this, I say brazil is going to win from Chille)

Habibi
28 Jun 2010, 01:02pm
I'm just happy that Germany raped England. Voting for Germany and Spain. Netherlands and Portugal will get raped no problem.

Banana Joe
28 Jun 2010, 02:57pm
Germany and Brazil. I've always liked Brazil, and Germany... well they got England out.

Blueline
28 Jun 2010, 03:40pm
Argentina.

James
28 Jun 2010, 04:24pm
Netherlands I think, Argentina are a bunch of cheating bastards!

Bubbleroom
29 Jun 2010, 06:20am
Netherlands :D ;)

SATAN
29 Jun 2010, 09:33am
Netherlands I think, Italians are a bunch of cheating bastards!

fixed

Lux
29 Jun 2010, 10:50am
fixed

France vs Ireland :blink1:

Daze
29 Jun 2010, 11:14am
Germany. They will win. There's no doubt.

But I'm also voting for Ghana. If Ghana keeps winning and Germany keeps winning, I'll end up "voting" for Germany to win ultimately, but, nonetheless, it'd look bad if Ghana lost.

Go Germany! :D

Why are you so sure? If you are basing it on the fact that they beat England 4-1 then you are sadly ill-informed. They played a terrible team, strikers/midfield put up a decent performance but the defence was ropey as hell. Watch the Germany - Argentina match and you'll see. The Argentinian strikers will rip the defence to shreds.... although saying that Argentina's defence isn't exactly the best in the WC.

Spartan
29 Jun 2010, 12:59pm
Has nobody thought of Spain?

Lux
29 Jun 2010, 03:15pm

They're noobs mun.

Boring football....lucky to beat Portugal just now imo.

SgtJoo
2 Jul 2010, 01:02pm
I decided to go for Paraguay because the model is going to strip naked and run through the streets if they win.

Jewpiter
2 Jul 2010, 08:41pm
I decided to go for Paraguay because the model is going to strip naked and run through the streets if they win.

i forget her name but shes done a bunch of nude spreads for magazines. not a big deal.

Chêvouÿx
2 Jul 2010, 09:00pm
Why are you so sure? If you are basing it on the fact that they beat England 4-1 then you are sadly ill-informed. They played a terrible team, strikers/midfield put up a decent performance but the defence was ropey as hell. Watch the Germany - Argentina match and you'll see. The Argentinian strikers will rip the defence to shreds.... although saying that Argentina's defence isn't exactly the best in the WC.

You make a valid point.

Unfortunately, because I must prove the American sterotype to be correct: Your argument is in invalid by default because you're jealous that Germany won.

Edit: If nothing else, Germany will win simply because of their interesting partying ways:

JezBAUxpb1Q

Eskomo
2 Jul 2010, 09:08pm
I said Netherlands for day 1, they havent been beaten in 23 str8 matches now. This team always does excellent in the group stages and somehow finds an early exit in the elimination stages. But after today they're over that hump and will have a tough but winnable match against Uruguay to see em into the finals.

I stand to win $250 if the Netherlands win the worldcup x].

P.S. Robben is the man and took a beating today. PLAY OF THE MATCH!~

SgtJoo
2 Jul 2010, 10:14pm
i forget her name but shes done a bunch of nude spreads for magazines. not a big deal.

It just gives me a reason to actually keep watching and root for a team. :blink1:

Drox
3 Jul 2010, 12:12pm
Germany is just fucking people up lol 4-0? Come on :P I think thats gonna be the team to beat

Jazz
3 Jul 2010, 12:34pm
Ghana lost, I wanted an African team to make it to the semi's. I think Germany is gonna win. Fuck Red Tampon was right.

Chêvouÿx
3 Jul 2010, 12:45pm
Fuck Red Tampon was right.

...I knew Red's signature would ring true. Go Germany!...

Pointing this out so others will just latch onto the truth that Germany will win.

P3rg3
3 Jul 2010, 12:57pm
You guys forgot they will have to play against Spain before reaching the final.
They're not just there yet.

Benne
3 Jul 2010, 01:56pm
Germany and Netherlands

Blueline
3 Jul 2010, 02:26pm
Spain is playing like shit. Germany will roll them again in semi.

EvilShadow98
3 Jul 2010, 03:18pm
Edit* Looks like Spain did win. Wow, my dad played a fucked up joke on me by saying they lost. x_x

SATAN
3 Jul 2010, 03:20pm
France vs Ireland :blink1:

You compared an entire team with 1 single player.

The whole Italian team cheats...

Blueline
3 Jul 2010, 03:32pm
I am so glad Germany won. I was wanting Spain to win as well but at least Germany is advancing.

??

EvilShadow98
3 Jul 2010, 03:50pm
??

My bad. Lmao. Someone told me that Spain lost so then I went on the Fifa site myself and it said they won since I wasn't around to watch that game. Now I am happy. :D

Spartan
11 Jul 2010, 04:19pm
OK since most of our countries are out of the WC who are you supporting now?

i currently like Portugal and the Netherlands

Netherlands....like their attacking players.

Netherlands.

Netherlands

same.

Still the Netherlands
We cheese heads are going to whipe the brazillians of the map in the quarter finales
(With this, I say brazil is going to win from Chille)

Netherlands I think, Argentina are a bunch of cheating bastards!

Netherlands :D ;)

I said Netherlands for day 1, they havent been beaten in 23 str8 matches now. This team always does excellent in the group stages and somehow finds an early exit in the elimination stages. But after today they're over that hump and will have a tough but winnable match against Uruguay to see em into the finals.

I stand to win $250 if the Netherlands win the worldcup x].

P.S. Robben is the man and took a beating today. PLAY OF THE MATCH!~

Spain is playing like shit. Germany will roll them again in semi.

Lalalalalalalala.

TheTruth
11 Jul 2010, 04:21pm
I knew Nigeria would win. I just knew it!

-Dragon Ninja-
11 Jul 2010, 04:27pm
they should eat the paul the octopus now that this is over.

P3rg3
11 Jul 2010, 05:02pm
Lalalalalalalala.

Did you even see the match?
Because you're making a fool of yourself.

Italian Jew
11 Jul 2010, 05:04pm
Lalalalalalalala.

The refs thought of Spain.

Spartan
11 Jul 2010, 05:06pm
Obviously I'm making a fool of myself, because when I said spain would win, and they won, then yes I'm a fool, OBVIOUSLY. It doesn't matter how they win, they won. UMAD?

Boobcake
11 Jul 2010, 05:09pm
herp derp im spartan

P3rg3
11 Jul 2010, 05:15pm
Obviously I'm making a fool of myself, because when I said spain would win, and they won, then yes I'm a fool, OBVIOUSLY. It doesn't matter how they win, they won. UMAD?

Okay.
So how did you know they would win?
Because of how they played? I LOL'D

Italian Jew
11 Jul 2010, 06:41pm
Okay.
So how did you know they would win?
Because of how they played? I LOL'D

He's got mad 50/50 picking skills

SATAN
12 Jul 2010, 02:05am
Spain was also the Favorite so a lot of people got that one right...

And the octopus went 8-0 thats why he's got that much attention, but to me he just got very lucky.

Spartan
12 Jul 2010, 06:52am
It's funny that you, von dutch and boobcake are all the people thanking and complaining about me saying I thought Spain would win. I guess being dutch and your team losing gives you the right to be an arse, right?

I thought Spain would win after the euro cup, and they have some quality players in their team like Torres, Villa and Xavi etc. You can argue they didn't play as the 'best' team in the cup, but when has the best team always won. If you look into the history of football, things don't always turn out how people will think.

A lot of people in these 2 world cup threads didn't even mention Spain, which is why I went 'Lalalala'. It's pretty stupid how I'm even having to post this, honestly.

P3rg3
12 Jul 2010, 07:19am
http://i25.tinypic.com/30ljl84.jpg

It's funny that you, von dutch and boobcake are all the people thanking and complaining about me saying I thought Spain would win. I guess being dutch and your team losing gives you the right to be an arse, right?

I thought Spain would win after the euro cup, and they have some quality players in their team like Torres, Villa and Xavi etc. You can argue they didn't play as the 'best' team in the cup, but when has the best team always won. If you look into the history of football, things don't always turn out how people will think.

A lot of people in these 2 world cup threads didn't even mention Spain, which is why I went 'Lalalala'. It's pretty stupid how I'm even having to post this, honestly.

It's pretty stupid how you went ''lalalala'' as you obviously didn't even see the match in the first place.
But congratulations, you indeed guessed it right.

Jaffa
12 Jul 2010, 07:21am
Spain were odds-on favourites to win the World Cup going into it. I wanted Netherlands to win because a) I have the dutch shirt (its cool), and b) 99.9% of their starting lineup aren't from Real Madrid/Barcelona

Lux
12 Jul 2010, 09:25am
I didn't think Spain would win, and looking back I still feel that they haven't won it, other teams have lost it.

But that is Spain's strength perhaps.....it's not the best tactic to rely on teams missing chances but it worked. Spain almost always score, so even if they play not so great if the other team can't score, no matter how many great opportunities they have.....Spain will win.

It's not stupid to think that Spain would win, because they're a very successful team at the moment. Even in the final...Netherlands had their chances but Spain played a good game too. It was 0-0 for most of the match but it was still an exciting match.

Spartan
12 Jul 2010, 10:02am
It's pretty stupid how you went ''lalalala'' as you obviously didn't even see the match in the first place.
But congratulations, you indeed guessed it right.

I watched nearly every match of the world cup. Football matches will almost always be in favour of one team or the other. Holland didn't take their opportunities to score and win. Why are you getting so upset about this? lol.

Hellspawn
12 Jul 2010, 09:59pm
I watched nearly every match of the world cup. Football matches will almost always be in favour of one team or the other. Holland didn't take their opportunities to score and win. Why are you getting so upset about this? lol.

arguing just to argue is fun.

now that the world cup is over football/soccer just sounds quite.

needs more vuvuzelas

Spjerre
15 Jul 2010, 08:02am
arguing just to argue is fun.

You don't argue to argue. You argue because you want to win the argue to prove that you were right. No one likes to be proven wrong on the internet

FloydRix
15 Jul 2010, 11:52am
Spain were the better team, better divers simple as.

SATAN
15 Jul 2010, 04:36pm
I have a feeling we are gonna see a lot more vuvuzelas from now on......

Lux
15 Jul 2010, 06:01pm

Gonna be banned in English football me thinks.

SgtJoo
15 Jul 2010, 08:59pm

http://indyposted.com/32953/vuvuzela-protest-buzzes-bp-headquarters/

Banana Joe
19 Jul 2010, 07:56am
Ok, so now im a little late on it... You dutch guys and girls really thinks, that you should've won over/against Spain? Really?

P3rg3
19 Jul 2010, 11:50am
Ok, so now im a little late on it... You dutch guys and girls really thinks, that you should've won over/against Spain? Really?

Yes, why is that weird?

Banana Joe
19 Jul 2010, 01:25pm
Yes, why is that weird?

Spain played better most of the time(IMO), and the spanish players didn't play like a bunch of barbarians.

Chêvouÿx
19 Jul 2010, 01:26pm

1) Why wouldn't someone cheer for their own country?
2) Why shouldn't the Netherlands have won?
3) You're Danish and not supporting your Germanic brothers?
4) Why post that in the first place, troll?

Edit:

Spain played better most of the time(IMO), and the spanish players didn't play like a bunch of barbarians.

LOL.

Have you seen Spaniards get angry when a team that they like loses?

Banana Joe
19 Jul 2010, 01:44pm
1) Why wouldn't someone cheer for their own country?
2) Why shouldn't the Netherlands have won?
3) You're Danish and not supporting your Germanic brothers?
4) Why post that in the first place, troll?

Edit:

LOL.

Have you seen Spaniards get angry when a team that they like loses?

1) There is a difference in cheering and thinking a team should win, imo.
2) Because i think that Spain player better, were more fair.
3) I prefer Spain, they play better imo.
4) Negative.

Do you mean as a player or a spectator?

Italian Jew
19 Jul 2010, 01:55pm
This seems a bit late, but did Argentina seriously think they could beat Uruguay in the final? Really? I know it was a long time ago, but I just can't grasp this concept.

Chêvouÿx
19 Jul 2010, 02:01pm
1) There is a difference in cheering and thinking a team should win, imo.
2) Because i think that Spain player better, were more fair.
3) I prefer Spain, they play better imo.
4) Negative.

Do you mean as a player or a spectator?

Um, what? When someone cheers for their nation, wouldn't they think their team should win?
Spain was as fair as the Netherlands. The fucking referee was retarded. There were several actions worthy of a red card on BOTH sides, yet the Netherlands got most of the calls.
Meh, an opninion's an opinion.
Affirmative.
As either.

/endpublicridiculousdebate

Banana Joe
19 Jul 2010, 02:20pm
Um, what? When someone cheers for their nation, wouldn't they think their team should win?
Spain was as fair as the Netherlands. The fucking referee was retarded. There were several actions worthy of a red card on BOTH sides, yet the Netherlands got most of the calls.
Meh, an opninion's an opinion.
Affirmative.
As either.

/endpublicridiculousdebate

1) Okay, let me say it in another way. I'm danish, so i would have been glad if Denmark did beat Netherland, but they didn't, i wanted them to win, but watching the match, i didn't think they should've won (as they didn't).
2) Only Puyol should have gotten a red card from Spain, imo. But opinions are opinions, and can't be changed unless you got alot of :hail:$$$:hail:.
3) .
4) .
5) Uhh, yeah i have seen the players get abit mad, though not a mad spanish spectator.

/rogerthat.