PDA

View Full Version : Update on Sourcemod/Bans and Website Hosting.

Jager
27 Jun 2010, 05:28pm
We are moving the Website to our new host within the next 24-48 hours. While we are doing this move, we are going to be installing sourcebans into the site. This means we will be setting up Sourcemod on the servers as well, and migrating away from Globalbans

While we are working on this move, we need to migrate all the users over (supporters+) this will take some time, but I hope to have it setup in a week. We will be either tracking you down in Vent/ private messaging you on the forums to get your steam id, email, and preferred password or just asking you to log into the site with a lost password request once we transfer your data over from Gbans.

This is due to Gbans not looking to be capable of updating to orangebox. More info as well as server commands and such for the SA's and additional Admins training will be posted as necessary. also servers such as TTT gmod will be added into the sourcebans site and not stand alone bansystem.

Please note that if you are banning anyone permanently, to save the information and add it to the globalbans site (or post so a higherup can) so we can transfer that data over to the SB site.

Thanks

Psyche
27 Jun 2010, 05:31pm
Thanks for the update, good to know we are finally switching to sourcebans. Keep up the good work.

jeN
27 Jun 2010, 05:39pm
Thank you for the information sir. I'm already setup tho so that's 1 down, a lot more to go! Have fun.

Paul
27 Jun 2010, 05:40pm
Thank you for the information sir. I'm already setup tho so that's 1 down, a lot more to go! Have fun.

My suggestion was to demote 50% of our admins so we dont have to add as many users to sourcebans :toung:

jeN
27 Jun 2010, 05:41pm
My suggestion was to demote 50% of our admins so we dont have to add as many users to sourcebans :toung:

Honestly, I'm sure some of them wouldn't even notice since there seems to be a few inactives in there.

Psyche
27 Jun 2010, 05:53pm
We should just have a request thread, and if you don't request admin to the servers they should just not give it to you.

Harbor
27 Jun 2010, 06:06pm
I can has set up?

Veggie
27 Jun 2010, 06:07pm
My suggestion was to demote 50% of our admins so we dont have to add as many users to sourcebans

Or you could just demote Haggard and that would equal 50% of the admins?

On a more serious note tho Thanks

Spiral
27 Jun 2010, 06:34pm
We should just have a request thread, and if you don't request admin to the servers they should just not give it to you.

This.

Chainedlord
27 Jun 2010, 07:10pm

Very smart, lets get rid of some of the inactive admins

XeNo
27 Jun 2010, 08:38pm
This guy.

Shadowex3
27 Jun 2010, 10:07pm

That's... actually... a good idea.

mapper
28 Jun 2010, 02:39am
Thanks Jager. About that tread, who's gonna make it ?xP
Unless it was ment as a joke.

Tweezy
28 Jun 2010, 03:21am
Aww, thanks for the update! Finally we're moving onto a better system (Well, I think so) Also, have you ever looked at the evolve Admin System for Gmod? It's a bloody amazing menu and the commands are really good!

It's also has sourcebans support, so the TTT server can be added to the global ban system

http://evolve.overvprojects.nl/

Wrathek
28 Jun 2010, 08:05am
thats great. Finally moving to sourcebans

James
30 Jun 2010, 10:26am
Thank you for the heads up Jager, i'm sure this implementation of sourcemod will fix issues, such as crashing with mani we had previously.

Jewpiter
30 Jun 2010, 09:42pm
need admin setup ffffuuuuuuu