PDA

View Full Version : Awesome idea.

Gamgee
26 Jun 2010, 08:47pm
Jailbreak and Escape. You have to create maps for this mod that allow the T's to escape. It is up to the CT's as usual to give orders, but with the added element of not allowing the T's to escape. It would take a certain amount of T's escaping before the round lost.

When you get to the escape area you teleport away to a safe room with some minigames to keep you buys for the round. The sky is the limit though, but at its core a map would have to combine the two different forms of map effectively.

I'm not sure where to post this, but I will stick it here for now. Perhaps people have connections with Modders and can propose the idea.

Edit
If you could make it. You would have the first server. Wide open market, and the concept is sound.

Edit2
Original idea from my friend. He goes by the name Turok here. Has a very standout boisterously loud laugh and is usually found in jailbreak.

andre1028
26 Jun 2010, 10:02pm
Prisonbreak.........Escape? PE? Not too shabby actually.

Methelod
27 Jun 2010, 01:06am
Well it would prevent camping CTs at least.

Repus
27 Jun 2010, 01:28am
Well it would prevent camping CTs at least.

Or they would camp the escape.

KScorp
27 Jun 2010, 01:40am
So, like Alcatraz? There is an easy way for map makers to implement this in the normal PB server: just make your escape room the place to plant the bomb. (You might be able to give everyone a bomb, not sure about this though.)

Still, I sort of like the sound of it. I'm iffy on the idea to have a server dedicated to such a design, but it would be a nice complement to the normal PB maps. (Like Alcatraz...)

An_Orange
27 Jun 2010, 03:06am
I like the idea of this except the fact that no one would obey orders except try to escape the whole time and the Cts would just camp and freekill at the escape spots.

Tweezy
27 Jun 2010, 06:37am
I was actually thinking about doing something like this, and had already started on a map:

The prisoners had just been guilty at a court case, on the way to the jail the cop car runs into some trouble and flips (Kinda vague I know) all the prisoners become free in a town... Rest is already been made up, escape or be captured! But now because of this I have more ideas to finish the map off, thanks!

Neji
27 Jun 2010, 07:11am
Terrible Idea imo. 3 CT's can just go at the end of the escape map, and when 3 ct's get there, they say to open the cells. How would that work?

Nasu
27 Jun 2010, 08:22am
The escape starts when the cells open Neji?

Neji
27 Jun 2010, 08:26am
The escape starts when the cells open Neji?

Then how do you wanna make that? You wanna give every T a vent in their cells and then ct's will just vent camp?

GG.

SoulKeeper
27 Jun 2010, 10:36am
Idea's been suggested...

Metal
27 Jun 2010, 10:48am
i kinda had a idea for a PB type ZE map

Tweezy
27 Jun 2010, 12:13pm
Or you could design the map different with the T's starting infront of the CT's, and along the way the T's can pick up guns, or the T's could choose to surrender then it's normal BA rules, just adds another option to the boring mod imo.

If this was going to happen we need at least 10 maps to start off with, other wise it will be an overnight success like zs, but then die out a month later...

Drox
27 Jun 2010, 12:44pm
Only way this would work is if the T's didnt die really easy like they do in normal PB. Other then that issue I do think it would be a new fresh idea that might be pretty fun.

Gamgee
27 Jun 2010, 01:30pm
You could have 2 Normal exits, or even one. Then a randomized secret exit from round to round. This way there aren't enough CT's to camp all the exits and still keep an eye on the prisoners. I'm not a modder though, so it might not be possible in CSS. Gmod being more flexible would be a candidate for this though.

All the exits would have to be far enough apart that the CT's are being split up and can't effectively respond to any shoot outs at the other exits. This would prevent camping, and field of fire overlaps. Although not so far away that its impossible to respond to calls for help. Which is a delicate balancing act.

Tweezy
27 Jun 2010, 01:35pm
Well, i've finally sorted out the configs for the new css update for sdk, so ill be underway again!

Jeaneh
27 Jun 2010, 01:40pm
Jailbreak and Escape. You have to create maps for this mod that allow the T's to escape. It is up to the CT's as usual to give orders, but with the added element of not allowing the T's to escape. It would take a certain amount of T's escaping before the round lost.

When you get to the escape area you teleport away to a safe room with some minigames to keep you buys for the round. The sky is the limit though, but at its core a map would have to combine the two different forms of map effectively.

I'm not sure where to post this, but I will stick it here for now. Perhaps people have connections with Modders and can propose the idea.

Edit
If you could make it. You would have the first server. Wide open market, and the concept is sound.

I'm actually loving the idea, but I wouldn't want ALL maps like this. Only some, along with some classic maps, it would add a lot of variety to PB.

Gamgee
27 Jun 2010, 02:40pm
If anyone has some suggestions for how they would like to see this made post them. If I get enough feedback Ill edit the main post and list it all in there so newer people can come in and just get all the new information right off the bat.

starbucks
27 Jun 2010, 02:42pm
Like in Alcatraz final where you have to escape from Alcatraz on the little island to bomb it?

Aaaa551155
28 Jun 2010, 01:48am
The only way to guarantee escaped T's win would be to give them bombs. Which would be thwarted by all T's drop your bombs. Think of possible rules to make it possible to prevent camping T's, Unfair commands, and how exactly do CT's win? By keeping them locked in big cage for god know how long.

Gamgee
28 Jun 2010, 01:52am
Ill start drafting some ideas up, but for now sleep. Also I edited the first post to give credit where its due. I got the idea from my friend Turok. Sort of overlooked that when I got excited about this idea. Just adding it back in here, and I edited it in to the first post.

Kratos
28 Jun 2010, 03:26pm
that sounds like a good idea but ther are a few donwsides like some camppers at the end or hiding in the begining but all n all a good idea

Veggie
28 Jun 2010, 03:30pm
A test map could be created and run it by everyone in the server when it's maxed out over 3 days or something to get a good feel from the players on it.

Spiritwind
28 Jun 2010, 05:11pm
I like the idea. As for cts camping the escape zone, they do it in armory, they do it in vents, Ts seem to find ways to handle it and seal a win.

kool
29 Jun 2010, 07:39am
I still don't understand this concept, do you want them to start on a trail to a prison where the Ts try to break off from the group and make their way to the opposite direction? If so, there would be so much chaos because the CTs would be killing off every T that's not walking in line.

CTs would not have much flexibility with orders in this case, the only order would be "Go to the prison no detours or delays" they could change it up, but not by much it would be like "Go to the prison... crouching... no detours or delays"
And since the CTs have access to guns, escaping would be pointless unless you can dodge 3 clips of bullets like nothing.

We would possibly have to create a new server just for maps like this because I feel that maps like this could interfere with the rules we already have set up, but if you guys can make it work, go for it.
It sounds like a bland idea imo, eventually you'll start seeing maps like Prison Escape Indiana Jones. You can't really do much with this and most of the times CTs will have the upper advantage.

Chaos
29 Jun 2010, 04:51pm
I like the idea, brings some new thoughts on servers into perspective. Maybe a test map on the test server? Just an idea

Edit: See veggies post.. :P

2rok
30 Jun 2010, 10:49am
my original idea was for CT's to have only pistols at first and the T's only a limited amount of knifes (say 10 of 15), as t's escape the CT's are then granted Shotguns > SMG > Rifles etc in an escalating fashion, potentially there would be a 'main' exit with two or three possible ways of opening it and or a side exit and a secret exit (Tunnels etc).

As for T weapons a few stashed pistols, an SMG that requires 2-3 people to get and of course ample knives, potentially all t's also start with smoke grenades (to hide who has knives).
The server size should be about 30 for a good game