PDA

View Full Version : server

UltimateCookieShark
19 Jun 2010, 01:29pm
Since the ttt server as many players and it almost everytime full,it wasnt before because the school or other things like that but now is summer every 1 is free and the server is everytime or almost full,since it as a good player base it was good if it was made a rp server dont know waht kinda and since the rp is more popular then gmod it will have mutch more players,since the ttt work well this server will probably be better,i am almost sure this will be not acepted but i try it.

SilentGuns
19 Jun 2010, 01:32pm
We really need a RP server. I would love to see one.

HELL YEEEEEA

SoulKeeper
19 Jun 2010, 01:38pm
What kind of "RP", DarkRP or seriousRP?

UltimateCookieShark
19 Jun 2010, 01:38pm
What kind of "RP", DarkRP or seriousRP?

that idk,dont know wich 1 is funnier

SoulKeeper
19 Jun 2010, 01:40pm
that idk,dont know wich 1 is funnier

DarkRP, the latter would be impossible for us.

starbucks
19 Jun 2010, 01:41pm
seriousRP.

SoulKeeper
19 Jun 2010, 01:45pm
seriousRP.

An FPS Community wouldn't work with RP, especially since 95% of SG has AWFUL grammar.

We can barely make our current donation deadline, we'd have to add another $400+ for the server as well. It wouldn't be worth the effort, especially when you have to weed out all the grammar-less admins.

Also, I doubt we'd stay active. The E-Drama would rip SG apart and the server would eventually fall apart. It always happens.

TerrorBite
19 Jun 2010, 02:32pm
whats ttt and rp ?

Dracula
19 Jun 2010, 02:49pm
An FPS Community wouldn't work with RP, especially since 95% of SG has AWFUL grammar.

We can barely make our current donation deadline, we'd have to add another $400+ for the server as well. It wouldn't be worth the effort, especially when you have to weed out all the grammar-less admins.

Also, I doubt we'd stay active. The E-Drama would rip SG apart and the server would eventually fall apart. It always happens.

The server would not cost $400 whoever your getting your numbers from is a moron.

Also, RP of any kind will fail on SG, their are much better providers of any kind and who wants to play on an RP server (serious or not) full of idiots that have no idea what they are doing. Assuming we could even get it working unlike last time.

b0red
19 Jun 2010, 03:11pm
Only if I get to be a cop. I vote yes.

RecoiLxD
19 Jun 2010, 03:29pm
RP isn't fun :/ Your living a fake life in a game xD Theres no point in that.

James Bond the medic
19 Jun 2010, 03:29pm
what powernos said, then i truely will be the law :D

Caution
19 Jun 2010, 04:26pm
After reading three times, I have no idea what OP is trying to get at. Can somebody clarify?

SoulKeeper
19 Jun 2010, 04:55pm
The server would not cost $400 whoever your getting your numbers from is a moron.

Also, RP of any kind will fail on SG, their are much better providers of any kind and who wants to play on an RP server (serious or not) full of idiots that have no idea what they are doing. Assuming we could even get it working unlike last time.

140 monthly for the server + Scripters + mySQL's shit, not sure if this costs anything= ???

It's still a lot more than a normal server, if we go in this direction it better be DarkRP.

Metal
19 Jun 2010, 05:34pm
How about adding rank on TTT or getting a HL server?

SoulKeeper
19 Jun 2010, 05:54pm
How about adding rank on TTT or getting a HL server?

Rank on TTT would probably be awful, and HL? Half Life?

KScorp
19 Jun 2010, 08:40pm
Rank on TTT would probably be awful

Off topic, but I'd imagine it would be very helpful in deterring people killing innocents (since you'd lose points) and promoting the terrorists to do stuff.

Dracula
20 Jun 2010, 05:54am
Lol @ Mnote.

"I'm not sure if you're buddy-buddy with Great White, but your post has been reported for insulting other members. I'm dropping another infraction here.

Take note that this is strike 2 in your disrespect that I have gotten reports from. One more and I will recommend an official admin strike.

Please take steps in adjusting your attitude"

Please do.

Archy
20 Jun 2010, 11:03am
Can someone quickly explain what rp is?

Caution
20 Jun 2010, 11:15am

*unzips pants*

Teen Panda
20 Jun 2010, 11:55am
HELLL YEAH. Let's rp the shit out of gmod :)

Neji
20 Jun 2010, 08:13pm
whats ttt and rp ?

Google doesn't bite.

RP - Role Play

TTT - Trouble in Terrorist Town

---------------------------------

My friend has his DarkRP server... He told me it takes HELL A LOT of time to setup everything. Then you have some bugs, and you need to spend days on them. I don't think HigherUps will be able to take that, because they do have a life.

I would love to see one, but we probably won't.

SoulKeeper
23 Jun 2010, 10:50am
Lol @ Mnote.

"I'm not sure if you're buddy-buddy with Great White, but your post has been reported for insulting other members. I'm dropping another infraction here.

Take note that this is strike 2 in your disrespect that I have gotten reports from. One more and I will recommend an official admin strike.

Please take steps in adjusting your attitude"

Please do.

Should be kept to PM's, and a side note- it wasn't me that reported you. lulz.

I think we should get a darkRP server with cars and shit that cost a lot. We could also add a separate donating thing where you can donate for in-game money or x2 salary.

SoulKeeper
27 Jun 2010, 12:03pm
Bump- I think this is a fairly good idea for a semi-serious modified darkRP server.

Suggestions

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=74224 - DarkRP script, only thing that needs to be removed (quite possibly, or hidden away from public) are Zombies, SWAT, Soldiers, and the Demons.

If it's possible for Zombies, SWAT, Soldiers, and the Demons to be only viewed by admins that'd be much better, during events we could designate roles for certain people. The script itself awards $40 (I think) per kill on an NPC, which would only be spawned in events.

Classes would need to be edited, they all spawn with too many guns. It'd be nice if only Police, Zombies, SWAT, Soldiers, and the Demons spawn with guns so other classes couldn't abuse them, or at least give gundealers, ext some business.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=101600
Cool inventory system, would make it cooler and professional.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=62657 - CSS Realistic Weapons 4.0
Would replace the current weapons which are junky and awful working. It'd make gameplay more realistic and much professional.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=76603
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=50174
Vehicles that would cost a lot.

Independent "donate" system

1. You can create (quite possibly) a separate donating option for this, or limit regular donators to every other server while you'd have to donate specifically toward this server for it's perks.

Since cars will cost a lot, it'd be very helpful to have an ingame money perk from donation.

For example-

($10) 1st tier- 60,000 ingame dollars, physgun, more inventory space, 1.5x salary, reserve slot

($20) 2nd tier- 120,000 ingame dollars, physgun+toolgun, x2 inventory space, 2x salary, reserve slot

1st tier would last for roughly a month, while 2nd tier would last for maybe 2 months.

Other options- Speak with a BD+ for a payment option to purchase special things.

$5 custom car, you'd still have to pay the ingame fee.
$5 spawn with x item
$10 custom weapon
$x for x amount of money

Cooki3Monsta
27 Jun 2010, 12:12pm
I doubt they would take the time to setup one but it would be fun. votes are even atm =/

SoulKeeper
27 Jun 2010, 12:13pm
I doubt they would take the time to setup one but it would be fun. votes are even atm =/

That's because the overall topic hasn't been clarified as to which RP, I voted no because it sounded like they wanted SeriousRP.

UltimateCookieShark
1 Jul 2010, 12:38pm
i think this would be a good idea in the rp mod that people like most and since the ttt is down atm and the css kinda got fucked since the update this will be fun especialy for now

Kiwi
1 Jul 2010, 01:30pm

Is this like another one of those "99% of kids hate Rock, put this in your sig if you still like it" statistics?

Caution
1 Jul 2010, 09:03pm
Bringing it up in the CA agenda, so you'll have your answer Sunday if the idea gets rejected or not.

Tyler
2 Jul 2010, 09:43am
Bringing it up in the CA agenda, so you'll have your answer Sunday if the idea gets rejected or not.

fingers crossed, ive been wanting a reason to get into gmod more again

John Brown
2 Jul 2010, 01:55pm
Would like to see this, long time Gmod RP'er. As long as you guys admin it enough so it doesn't turn into the regular DarkRP server.

UltimateCookieShark
3 Jul 2010, 03:49pm
played rp in hl2 deathmatch isnt very fun,gmod is way better on rp thing

Jake
3 Jul 2010, 04:00pm
Whats RP?

Jeaneh
3 Jul 2010, 04:07pm
I vote DarkRP. I think it would be awesome! I'm not persuaded to be active on RP servers, but if SG was hosting it I would want to be active, and RP's are very fun, from the experience I've had with them.

Kiwi
3 Jul 2010, 06:03pm
Whats RP?

Role play.

Lucas15
3 Jul 2010, 07:41pm
if on css, ya

if on gmod, no

Prez
3 Jul 2010, 07:43pm
if on css, ya

if on gmod, no

What? :/

Lucas15
3 Jul 2010, 07:44pm
if the RP is on css, then i want

iof on gmod, i dont

Morningafter
3 Jul 2010, 08:09pm
if the RP is on css, then i want

iof on gmod, i dont

He said what as in...we cant do this for css what are you talking about type of thing....you than replied with the same answer......

UltimateCookieShark
4 Jul 2010, 03:45am
He said what as in...we cant do this for css what are you talking about type of thing....you than replied with the same answer......

many people just vote now just because they are 2 lazy 2 buy gmod

Jazz
4 Jul 2010, 08:09am
this shits addiciting, i vote no, we might loose players from Source servers cause of this.

Caution
4 Jul 2010, 02:38pm
It got rejected because we are down to one dedi right now. Hag said bring the idea back up in a couple months.