PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court takes a 2d Amend Case

LegalSmash
18 Mar 2008, 10:51pm
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080318/ap_on_go_su_co/scotus_guns

Im not drunk this time. LOL.

I am glad this is before the high Court. For over 30 years the Nation's Capital has refused to allow the citizens therein to carry, bear, possess, or own handguns. Hopefully, the Court, in its wisdom will toss this shit out on its ass.

My argument against the ban is simple: DC is the federal district, the federal district must follow the federal constitution, the one that gives us the right to bear arms....

Simple.

Go guns!

Any ideas?

phatman76
18 Mar 2008, 11:55pm
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080318/ap_on_go_su_co/scotus_guns

Im not drunk this time. LOL.

I am glad this is before the high Court. For over 30 years the Nation's Capital has refused to allow the citizens therein to carry, bear, possess, or own handguns. Hopefully, the Court, in its wisdom will toss this shit out on its ass.

My argument against the ban is simple: DC is the federal district, the federal district must follow the federal constitution, the one that gives us the right to bear arms....

Simple.

Go guns!

Any ideas?

Cities hate guns, everyone else loves them. Cities have murder, a good reason to crack down on firearms, most small towns have no such problems. I believe in a right to bear arms, so I have to say handguns have to be legal. However, I would also like to see a massive crackdown on gun-violence (i.e., kicking the criminal's asses).

LegalSmash
19 Mar 2008, 01:00am
Im with you insofar as cracking down on criminals. I think DC missed the boat however, this particular law has no constitutional leg to stand on. The city essentially thwarted the ONE piece of law that they are bound to follow. Having lived here for 3 years, I can tell you that its the criminals that HAVE the guns, meanwhile the regular people just have to hope that the gun jams or their not going to get robbed that day. Add the handgun BAN to the fact that you need to keep your fire arm either disassembled, or under a locked trigger guard.

WTF do you do if someone breaks in?

DC goes to far, and hopefully the court will smack em down.

Italian Jew
19 Mar 2008, 09:01am
I say buy a guard dog...a big German Shepard with a taste for blood.

They should be allowed guns though, it IS the 2nd amendment after all.

Or, they should try a more evil approach, from Dr. Evil...

SHARKS WITH FRIGGIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS!

Red
19 Mar 2008, 09:32am
The Gun ban is fucking retarded. Gang bangers will blast each other regardless of the law and law abiding citizens will be fucked in the ass by feel good idiots on the hill.

Gangbangers don't need give a shit about getting a CCW license to carry a gun.

Here are some facts about a LAW ABIDING CCW licensed gun owner. :

Has never been convicted of "any felony offense punishable for a term exceeding one (1) year".
Has never been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
Has never been convicted of the offense of stalking.
Was not under indictment at the time they applied for a CCW.
Was not the subject of an order of protection at the time they applied for a CCW.
Hasn't had a DUI in the past five years or two or more DUIs in the past 10 years
Hasn't been under treatment for or hospitalized for addiction to drugs or alcohol in the past 10 years.
Has never been adjudicated as mentally defective.
Has never been discharged from the military under dishonorable conditions Has never renounced their U.S. citizenship.
Has never received social security disability benefits "by reason of alcohol dependence, drug dependence or mental disability."

Give me my god damned hand gun now. Ass hat dc/maryland laws. I can't get a ccw license until my life has been threatened in this state, seriously what the fuck.

Itch
19 Mar 2008, 10:00am
Got my CCW in 1996

Although my state has it's many flaws at least CCW restrictions aren't one of them..

GO UTAH!

Utah requires a permit to carry a concealed or loaded firearm. It is one of the states that allows for "Non-Resident" CCW Permits to be issued. This "Non-Resident" CCW Permit is valid in many states across the US. However there are several states that have just passed statutes that do not honor a "Non-Resident" CCW Permit. Utah's Concealed carry permit is held as the best permit in the nation. This distinction is due to its wide range of reciprocity and recognition by other states. (34 at last count)

http://carryconcealed.net/legal/utah-ccw-state-laws.php

Those few states/districts that do not allow CCW do themselves and their citizens a disservice.

Captain Colon
20 Mar 2008, 12:56pm
I say buy a guard dog...a big German Shepard with a taste for blood.
You'd be surprised how many people say something like that seriously.

I'd feel a lot safer around the gun than the dog! A gun won't feed on babies while you're at work (no matter what the brady campaign says ;D)