PDA

View Full Version : destructable building - BFBC2 style. QUESTION

spartan 117
16 Jun 2010, 07:07pm
i am planning on making a map pack of many great maps (for either CSS or TTT) but i am still trying to figure out how to do it in the style of BFBC2. i know how to do make physics brushes and breakable ones, but however, i want it to all just collapse after enough pieces get blown off of a building. currently, the only way i have is to cut a building up into brushes and then make them func_physics (or whatever it is, the one that makes brushes have physics) but however then the building just spontaneously collapses after something goes down.

so does anyone have a solution to keep the building together until enough (60% of ground floor walls) walls are gone, then resulting in the collapse of the building? this would greatly improve the quality of the DESTRUCTION MAP PACK (for css) and the DESTRUCTION MAP PACK (for TTT). before you ask, yes i do have progress, and yes i am asking the creators of the maps first before decompiling and editing to have destruction.

efrozen
16 Jun 2010, 07:16pm
Generally, an answer is a reply to a question or is a solution, a retaliation, or a response that is relevant to the said question.

In law, an answer was originally a solemn assertion in opposition to some one or something, and thus generally any counter-statement or defense, a reply to a question or response, or objection, or a correct solution of a problem.

In the common law, an answer is the first pleading by a defendant, usually filed and served upon the plaintiff within a certain strict time limit after a civil complaint or criminal information or indictment has been served upon the defendant. It may have been preceded by an optional "pre-answer" motion to dismiss or demurrer; if such a motion is unsuccessful, the defendant must file an answer to the complaint or risk an adverse default judgment.

The answer establishes which allegations (cause of action in civil matters) set forth by the complaining party will be contested by the defendant, and states all the defendant's defenses, thus establishing the nature and parameters of the controversy to be decided by the court.

In a criminal case, there is usually an arraignment or some other kind of appearance before defendant comes to court. The pleading in the criminal case, which is entered on the record in open court, is usually either guilty or not guilty. Generally speaking in private, civil cases there is no plea entered of guilt or innocence. There is only a judgment that grants money damages or some other kind of equitable remedy such as restitution or a permanent injunction. Criminal cases may lead to fines or other punishment, such as imprisonment.[citation needed]

The famous Latin Responsa Prudentium ("answers of the learned ones") were the accumulated views of many successive generations of Roman lawyers, a body of legal opinion which gradually became authoritative.

In music an "answer" (also known as countersubject) is the technical name in counterpoint for the repetition or modification by one part or instrument of a theme proposed by another.

spartan 117
16 Jun 2010, 07:58pm
Generally, an answer is a reply to a question or is a solution, a retaliation, or a response that is relevant to the said question.

In law, an answer was originally a solemn assertion in opposition to some one or something, and thus generally any counter-statement or defense, a reply to a question or response, or objection, or a correct solution of a problem.

In the common law, an answer is the first pleading by a defendant, usually filed and served upon the plaintiff within a certain strict time limit after a civil complaint or criminal information or indictment has been served upon the defendant. It may have been preceded by an optional "pre-answer" motion to dismiss or demurrer; if such a motion is unsuccessful, the defendant must file an answer to the complaint or risk an adverse default judgment.

The answer establishes which allegations (cause of action in civil matters) set forth by the complaining party will be contested by the defendant, and states all the defendant's defenses, thus establishing the nature and parameters of the controversy to be decided by the court.

In a criminal case, there is usually an arraignment or some other kind of appearance before defendant comes to court. The pleading in the criminal case, which is entered on the record in open court, is usually either guilty or not guilty. Generally speaking in private, civil cases there is no plea entered of guilt or innocence. There is only a judgment that grants money damages or some other kind of equitable remedy such as restitution or a permanent injunction. Criminal cases may lead to fines or other punishment, such as imprisonment.[citation needed]

The famous Latin Responsa Prudentium ("answers of the learned ones") were the accumulated views of many successive generations of Roman lawyers, a body of legal opinion which gradually became authoritative.

In music an "answer" (also known as countersubject) is the technical name in counterpoint for the repetition or modification by one part or instrument of a theme proposed by another.

rated informative. wait... DAMNIT, WHY HAVE THE ADMINS NOT ADDED POST RATINGS YET?

Bob Loblaw
16 Jun 2010, 08:43pm
Lol efrozen.

Anyways, you're on the right track. The only way I can think of doing it, is to have all the func_physbox pieces set to motion disabled off the start. Then have a math counter, and each time one of the core pieces breaks, Add 1 to the math counter. Then have it set up so however many pieces you want to break, have once it reaches that value (use logic_case, or more likely, just set that value to the max, and OnHitMax as the output) then enable the motion of all the func_physboxes.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

spartan 117
16 Jun 2010, 11:18pm
sounds good, i will try it on a map im working on soon.