PDA

View Full Version : The (new) HOI3 game.

PotshotPolka
12 Jun 2010, 07:54pm
Since we've had an influx of new players, most of which are brand new to the game but will have (HOPEFULLY) taken our advice to practice a bit, I've decided it'd be a good idea to restart and give everyone a shot at the game.

To make sure the game isn't overly stacked, the three players with the most experience (Jaffa, myself, and Dracula) will be divided among the three sides.
Since Dracula overtly acts like a fucking Nazi, he'll be Germany.
Jaffa stated he didn't want to be the USSR, so I'll go with it, he'll be an Allied army, (pm me your pick, I'd suggest the strongest like USA though)

Besides that, we have a lot of other countries that need filling:

Allies:

United Kingdom
France
Canada (secondary)
Australia (secondary)

Axis:

Italy
Japan
Hungary (secondary)

Comintern: No actual other countries unless unalligned one's join.

Unaligned (all secondary):

Nationalist China
Romania
Spain (Nationalist or Republican)

Those are the only significant countries, totaling in 12 countries. I doubt we will fill all of them, but we should manage to get the important 7 filled up.

Game rules:

Axis must be the first to declare war.
Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact must be accepted but may be voided by either party in 1941.
Unaligned countries can align to whomever they like.
Do NOT spam guarantees to other countries, it can screw up gameplay.
Since the game can be saved by anyone, you can play as the opposing sides' countries, and can thus cheat by spying on their troop movements, technology, and production. If you are reported by anyone to be doing this you will be banned from further games, no questions.

PM your times to me, I'd like to keep this thread clutter free unlike the previous one, so avoid posting here.

Likely times for games are 1-8PM EST. Sessions can last from 3-5 hours. Game days will alternate, but expect 1 day on, 1 day off, with the possible exception of weekends. We have a lot of Brits playing so the times are being made to suit them as best as possible.

Be sure to port-forward or DMZ your routers before connecting, it helps with connecting and we don't have all day to wait for you to play with your router.

Game will begin Monday.

Current players:

PotshotPolka: USSR
Lux: UK
Dracula: Germany
AndreiD: Romania
DoubleSB: ???
Gantza: ???
Mr Mick: ???
Insomnia: ???
Toxin (pending)
Jaffa: USA
TCP-Kill: ???

2 more open slots guys.

AndreiD
12 Jun 2010, 07:57pm
We now have a private room, Hookers of Iron, so nobody can join in and annoy us.
Also, I'd like it if we all play on the Axis, because Axis is more challenging.
I can play Romania or the USSR.

Dracula
12 Jun 2010, 07:58pm
Since Dracula overtly acts like a fucking Nazi, he'll be Germany.

Fight me on my level faggot.

p.s. Whoever takes Japan better know how to fucking play them or so help me god i will ban you from the game myself.

Lux
12 Jun 2010, 08:00pm
I'm free until the 20th, pretty much every night except maybe Saturday and Sunday nights.....which I cannot guarantee. Whatever time in the night you pick....I'll probably be fine with.

As I'm fairly experienced and accustomed to this faction....I'll take UK if Jaffa wants USA.

Bad Dog
12 Jun 2010, 08:10pm
I will most likely do best as small part country, so if I fuck up it will not matter so much.

I still need to figure out the damn game though.

Metal
12 Jun 2010, 09:02pm
Downloading than i will install

DoubleSb
12 Jun 2010, 09:17pm
I'm in I guess.

Farmer Mick
12 Jun 2010, 11:55pm
im in

Ganzta
13 Jun 2010, 01:54am
PM your times to me, I'd like to keep this thread clutter free unlike the previous one, so avoid posting here.

Guess nobody reads anymore.

Farmer Mick
13 Jun 2010, 02:05am

i guess your a cool guy doesn't afraid of much

Dracula
13 Jun 2010, 06:36am

No, we just dont care.

Jaffa
13 Jun 2010, 09:48am
I'm quite happy to play as whoever you assign me/gets left over (bar ussr, and pref not a secondary).

I'm likely to be out tomorrow till about 10pm (GMT), possibly back earlier or later depending on who i'm meeting with. Am out thursday all day, but so far have a free weekend (next weekend, for the first time since probably February),a though england matches might disrupt availability.

EDIT

I fail read, will send as pm as well)

Lux
13 Jun 2010, 01:07pm
People who are new to the game please try and get your act together quickly.

-Read the tutorial. If you don't, don't expect any sympathy.
-I'm willing to tell people how to sort out their military command structure and some basic things. I've already helped a few people, it gets tiring so don't ask if you haven't put in effort yourself to learn.
-Update to 1.4
-Make sure that when we start this big game, that it isn't your first. We don't want games ruined by people joining and then deciding that they don't like the game.....so make sure you make your mind up before hand.

Tcp-Kill
13 Jun 2010, 03:22pm
i'll play, need to do tutorials and stuff first.

People who are new to the game please try and get your act together quickly.

-Read the tutorial. If you don't, don't expect any sympathy.

fuck off.

Lux
13 Jun 2010, 03:47pm
i'll play, need to do tutorials and stuff first.

...............:oh:

fuck off.

Stop throwing your burgers out of your pram.

I'm not your personal tutor, I've spent a lot of time teaching people how to play Hearts of Iron...League of Legends.....I am entitled to be able to play without someone saying every 5 seconds "WHAT DO I DO." for once....

PotshotPolka
13 Jun 2010, 04:50pm
What in the fuck is a pram?

Also game begins at 3pm EST.

Lux
13 Jun 2010, 06:38pm
What in the fuck is a pram?

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/578191/1764130.jpg
:crazy:

Also game begins at 3pm EST.

On Monday????

PotshotPolka
13 Jun 2010, 08:19pm
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/578191/1764130.jpg
:crazy:

On Monday????

That's your goddamn misuse of your language, that's called a stroller.

And yes, Monday.

Jaffa
14 Jun 2010, 12:27am
Thats 8pm gmt? I'll try and get back as quick as I can, would I be able to jump in a bit late? (probs an hour or two later)

Farmer Mick
14 Jun 2010, 12:46am
lmao stroller

you Americans and your fake language think you know what your talkin bout

Lux
14 Jun 2010, 05:42am
Thats 8pm gmt? I'll try and get back as quick as I can, would I be able to jump in a bit late? (probs an hour or two later)

Yeah I might be out until about 8:30-9pm too.......

PotshotPolka
14 Jun 2010, 08:18am
We can just start at 4pm or just save and let you guys in, whatever works.

PotshotPolka
14 Jun 2010, 02:10pm
Thanks for NOT showing up and not letting anyone know guys.

Dracula
14 Jun 2010, 03:55pm
Sorry was in the hospitall...

PotshotPolka
14 Jun 2010, 03:58pm

Well I'm not going to scream at you for that reason. I might at Andrei though, since he'd be there for his liver.

Lux
14 Jun 2010, 04:57pm

Not good enough.

Lux
1 Jul 2010, 05:01pm
Let's start this shit up again.

Tomorrow?