PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Conference Scamble

Drox
10 Jun 2010, 03:01pm
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/404231-the-death-of-college-football-as-we-know-it

Just a alittle bit of whats going on for any college team fans, the Big 12 is gonna disband which means a lot of good teams are up for grabs. Already 5 teams announced they are going to the Pac 10 (Oak, Oak st, Colorado, Texas A&M, and Texas Tech). While other Big 12 teams are either going to or looking into going to the Big 10 (Nebraska, and Texas).

Some are saying this is a bad move for college football, some are excited to see more teams in their conference since this will allow Pac 10 and Big 10 to have a championship games. What do yall think about this?

Supa
10 Jun 2010, 03:15pm
Pac-10 has offered Okla, Okla St., TTech, A&M, Texas, & Colorado. Only Colorado has accepted the invite. From other sources, it sounds like the other 5 will follow suit.

Nebraska will be going to the Big 10. Possibly with Missouri. Big 10 wants Notre Dame too, probably won't get them yet. They will also be looking at Pitt, Syracuse, and Rutgers as well.

I'm not sure what the SEC has planned. I know they will try their hardest to add 4 more teams. I would assume they will go after Florida State, Miami, Clemson, and GTech. Possibly Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State as well.

If the ACC loses anyone, I would assume they will try to grab teams like West Virginia, Louisville, Memphis, Syracuse.

This completely changes everything and I'm not sure how this will effect other sports that have "honorary" conference members for select sports. Like the BIG East for example.

Exciting time for sure.

Drox
10 Jun 2010, 03:19pm
Pac-10 has offered Okla, Okla St., TTech, A&M, Texas, & Colorado. Only Colorado has accepted the invite. From other sources, it sounds like the other 5 will follow suit.

Nebraska will be going to the Big 10. Possibly with Missouri. Big 10 wants Notre Dame too, probably won't get them yet. They will also be looking at Pitt, Syracuse, and Rutgers as well.

I'm not sure what the SEC has planned. I know they will try their hardest to add 4 more teams. I would assume they will go after Florida State, Miami, Clemson, and GTech. Possibly Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State as well.

If the ACC loses anyone, I would assume they will try to grab teams like West Virginia, Louisville, Memphis, Syracuse.

This completely changes everything and I'm not sure how this will effect other sports that have "honorary" conference members for select sports. Like the BIG East for example.

Exciting time for sure.

yea sorry left some details out, was typing fast. But yea its crazy what is going on right now.

SgtJoo
10 Jun 2010, 03:37pm
Doesn't mean anything for the ACC unless we lose a team, no?

Supa
10 Jun 2010, 03:51pm
Doesn't mean anything for the ACC unless we lose a team, no?

Yes, it won't mean anything to the ACC unless they lose anyone. I'm not sure how tight the ties are for each school to the conference, but I know that the SEC will try to lure a few away from the ACC. Whether they will be successful is a different story.

If I was the ACC, I would be fine with letting teams like Clemson, Florida State, Miami, and/or Georgia Tech leaving. Go after some of the really strong basketball schools from the Big East and become the basketball powerhouse. But, that's just me.

Drox
10 Jun 2010, 03:58pm
Yes, it won't mean anything to the ACC unless they lose anyone. I'm not sure how tight the ties are for each school to the conference, but I know that the SEC will try to lure a few away from the ACC. Whether they will be successful is a different story.

If I was the ACC, I would be fine with letting teams like Clemson, Florida State, Miami, and/or Georgia Tech leaving. Go after some of the really strong basketball schools from the Big East and become the basketball powerhouse. But, that's just me.

So the Big east is also gonna disband?

Supa
10 Jun 2010, 04:12pm
So the Big east is also gonna disband?

It all depends on if and where conferences like the Big 10, SEC, and ACC decide to take teams from. It's really all speculation at this point except for teams from the Big 12 that we know have been offered.

Many experts believe that the SEC will follow suit with the Pac-10 and Big 10 and most likely the ACC as well.

Pretty much leaves the Big East as another major conference to pull teams from.

But...

It doesn't mean the conference will be extinct. What this will cause is the smaller conferences to combine and move up.

For example:

I think the Big 12 will offer invitations to teams from the Mountain West, WAC, and Conference USA.

Drox
10 Jun 2010, 04:14pm
It all depends on if and where conferences like the Big 10, SEC, and ACC decide to take teams from. It's really all speculation at this point except for teams from the Big 12 that we know have been offered.

Many experts believe that the SEC will follow suit with the Pac-10 and Big 10 and most likely the ACC as well.

Pretty much leaves the Big East as another major conference to pull teams from.

But...

It doesn't mean the conference will be extinct. What this will cause is the smaller conferences to combine and move up.

For example:

I think the Big 12 will offer invitations to teams from the Mountain West, WAC, and Conference USA.

ahh ok

Drox
10 Jun 2010, 04:31pm
http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978291701

Also USC is in some deep shit, 2 year bowl ban and NCAA is thinking of taking reggie bush's heismen and the 04 national championship away from USC.

Supa
10 Jun 2010, 04:45pm
http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978291701

Also USC is in some deep shit, 2 year bowl ban and NCAA is thinking of taking reggie bush's heismen and the 04 national championship away from USC.

Yeah, USC has to forfeit all the wins from the 2004-05 & 2005-06 years as well as the 2 year bowl ban and I believe the loss of 20 scholarships.

The NCAA will look into taking away the 2004 National Championship.

The Heisman Trust may also look into stripping Bush of the Heisman Trophy.

Although, I seriously doubt either will happen.