PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ball Z Kai.

EvilShadow98
9 Jun 2010, 11:11am
Anyone has seen it in Japanese? On Nicktoons? Own it on Blu-Ray or DVD? I have seen a few episodes in Japanese last year and I own a Blu-Ray copy of the first part of season 1 in English so I don't have to deal with the Nicktoons censorship. It looks phenomenal in high def, voice acting is better, music is better, no fillers, straight to the action pacing. Since there is no fillers, there is nothing to die down the action scenes, thus making the intensity build up more and more. They also corrected a few errors made in the past English dubs (for example, over 9000 has been fixed to 8000) and now they say the attacks in their proper names in Japanese instead of "special beam cannon" and such. They kept the gore and the characters do swear on the DVD/Blu-Ray copy. Their dialogue does stick closer to the manga compared to the filler-filled DBZ from over a decade ago. After watching regular Z over 9000 times in the past 10 years, watching Kai makes it feel like a new experience all over again. What are your thoughts on this remastered series?

Metal
9 Jun 2010, 11:37am
It sucks.

No blood.
Also DBZ never needed a remake.

EvilShadow98
9 Jun 2010, 01:34pm
Did you see it on Blu-Ray or DVD? It has plenty of gore and even the gore got re-touched. If you saw it on Nicktoons, of course there would be no blood.

Drox
9 Jun 2010, 01:54pm
Just for the record its called Dragonball Kai, no Z. Also yea I watched most of it but got bored around when Goku went SSJ. It had nicer animations and it was nice not having to see the dumbass fillers DBZ had in those sagas, but I'd rather have seen a new series that predates that crap GT and comes after DBZ.

Zaraki
9 Jun 2010, 02:06pm
Don't ever talk about this shit anymore...
Dragonball Kai raped the soul of the whole series...

Why making it in HD and leave the best fillers alive out of it?

Why don't they just add Super Sayan 226 FFS!!!!!!!

DBK must burn, nuff said -.-

An_Orange
9 Jun 2010, 02:08pm
It sucks.

No blood.
Also DBZ never needed a remake.

Agree, Goku sounds like a faggot and Krillin's actor "A.K.A. Luffy" should have been Goku imo

EvilShadow98
9 Jun 2010, 02:27pm
Just for the record its called Dragonball Kai, no Z. Also yea I watched most of it but got bored around when Goku went SSJ. It had nicer animations and it was nice not having to see the dumbass fillers DBZ had in those sagas, but I'd rather have seen a new series that predates that crap GT and comes after DBZ.

In Japan it's just Kai. Over here, it is Z Kai. I agree that it is good that they don't have fillers. I have seen all of Z in both Japanese and English and the fact that they are now closer to the manga is what made me like it more than the original Z. I much rather prefer remastered footage instead of it being totally redrawn. They even fixed some of the animation fuck ups like Piccolo's blood color and Vegeta's hair color/armor.

Drox
9 Jun 2010, 02:33pm
In Japan it's just Kai. Over here, it is Z Kai.

No over here its just Kai also lol since its not english translated dub, its japanese subbed anime. ;) There is a reason why they didnt call it DBZ, look it up.

FUNimation Entertainment will be dubbing Dragon Ball Kai into English for a North American release, under the release title of Dragon Ball Z Kai (more information can be viewed below). They have also announced the first season of the dub will be premiering on the Nicktoons network starting May 24th. This is quite a change, as all the Dragon Ball series have always appeared on Cartoon Network in the United States

Once that comes out then it will be DBZ Kai, but if we are talking about the japanese version then its only Kai.

EvilShadow98
9 Jun 2010, 02:35pm
No over here its just Kai also lol since its not english translated dub, its japanese subbed anime. ;) There is a reason why they didnt call it DBZ, look it up.

Um, on my Blu-Ray cover it says Dragon Ball Z Kai?

Drox
9 Jun 2010, 02:36pm
Um, on my Blu-Ray cover it says Dragon Ball Z Kai?

re-read, edited my post. If your talking about a dub anime then our conversation is gonna be ending right now. lol

EvilShadow98
9 Jun 2010, 02:39pm
re-read, edited my post. If your talking about a dub anime then our conversation is gonna be ending right now. lol

I was mainly talking about the English dub. I already owned the English dub copy for over 2 weeks and I can also put this in Japanese dub/English sub if I wanted to.

Drox
9 Jun 2010, 02:41pm
I was mainly talking about the English dub. I already owned the English dub copy for over 2 weeks and I can also put this in Japanese dub/English sub if I wanted to.

ehhh Japanese subbed is the only way to go lol dub ruins anime, so conversation over for me on this topic. :P

Bubbleroom
17 Jun 2010, 04:56am
I read the last Dragon Ball Z kai year ago