PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who wants to play HOI3 but hasn't bought it yet

Lux
6 Jun 2010, 06:22am
You don't actually have to purchase the game to play with us online.......all you have to do is "acquire" it (I'd suggest Skidrow)...and then just patch up the game to 1.4 using google searches etc......

If you do that you can pretty much join us online......

Dracula
6 Jun 2010, 06:22am
Fuck that, buy it pussies.

Metal
6 Jun 2010, 06:28am
son of a bitch. -.-

Ok.

PotshotPolka
6 Jun 2010, 09:34am
It's not the simple.

After DLing the game you need Winrar to extract it, then a disk emulator (download Daemon Tools Lite) and mount the bin file.

You can only play online through direct ip connections, not metaserver.

Lux
6 Jun 2010, 09:37am
It's not the simple.

After DLing the game you need Winrar to extract it, then a disk emulator (download Daemon Tools Lite) and mount the bin file.

Tbh I thought that stuff was assumed.

You can only play online through direct ip connections, not metaserver.

What's the difference.

PotshotPolka
6 Jun 2010, 10:01am
Tbh I thought that stuff was assumed.

What's the difference.

Basically it allows you to pub with other players you don't know.

Also, apparently some people are (COUGH BAD DOG COUGH) unaware of what winrar and disk emulators are.

Also give a link to where you patched to v1.4

Ultramarine
6 Jun 2010, 10:14am
Well, least we'll have more players now...

PotshotPolka
6 Jun 2010, 10:23am
Well, least we'll have more players now...

Bitch I don't see any progress at Beiping, get back to work.

Ultramarine
6 Jun 2010, 10:38am
Bitch I don't see any progress at Beiping, get back to work.

god damnit, i thought i had my line completely covered but there was one friggen spot where th chinese could move troops through the line.... they kept dicking around behind my lines...

But, FEAR NOT!!!

Bad Dog
6 Jun 2010, 12:13pm
I have the game and it is patched, also what Potshot is talking about is mainly at my dumb ass -_- (*COUGH*SublteAsAFlyingBrick*COUGH*)

If the game is as much of a hastle as it was for me to "aquire" it, prepare to lol @ my failure.

Lux
6 Jun 2010, 02:19pm
If the game is as much of a hastle as it was for me to "aquire" it, prepare to lol @ my failure.

I searched a private site, found what I was looking to acquire and profited.

I wasn't really sure if I had to do this...but I downloaded patch 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4.

Considering the similar (and increasing) size of each patch I'd guess that you could just download 1.4 and it'd patch up fine.

http://download.cnet.com/3001-7483_4-10965071.html?spi=f948f941872739fa5db46a14ba47c023

Here's the link.