PDA

View Full Version : turn on haste mode?

Nasdaqian
5 Jun 2010, 06:44pm
If we were to turn on haste mode traitors would have to keep killing to increase the time, this is good because it will keep the game going and we wont have to wait 7 minutes for the traitor to make a move.:hail:

kool
5 Jun 2010, 06:52pm
I know I don't play TTT much, but really? When I do play and I am the traitor, I like to take my time to plant the seed into the innocents' head. They eventually go crazy and kill each other and I win.

An_Orange
5 Jun 2010, 07:36pm
I know I don't play TTT much, but really? When I do play and I am the traitor, I like to take my time to plant the seed into the innocents' head. They eventually go crazy and kill each other and I win.

Whats TTT?

Kiwi
5 Jun 2010, 07:38pm
Whats TTT?

If you're not trolling.

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31343

SoulKeeper
5 Jun 2010, 07:43pm
inb4 everyone sticks together so you don't get a chance to kill

iNorris
5 Jun 2010, 07:49pm
Meh. I agree with kool. Plus you need time to catch an innocent by themselves, as they tend to stick together in the beginning minutes. During that time, I like to locate my fellow traitors, stick with them while not acting suspicious. Then, when you least expect it, there's a knife sprouting from your back.

Hehe...

Shower Fart
5 Jun 2010, 08:01pm
No, whenever the time increases everyone would know the traitor killed someone.

Prez
5 Jun 2010, 08:54pm
No, whenever the time increases everyone would the traitor killed someone.

That sentence makes absolutely no sense. Why is it that about 3/4 of SG doesn't know how to properly use grammar and punctuation?

ScubaToaster
5 Jun 2010, 09:25pm
That sentence makes absolutely no sense. Why is it that about 3/4 of SG doesn't know how to properly use grammar and punctuation?

Because we are a bunch of illiterate barbarians that smell like cow dung, as to put my opinion in, I want as much time as I can get to set up a plan to t-bag the innocents.

(Harsh) If you don't like waiting 7 minutes, go read a book it's educational.:high5:

Desum
5 Jun 2010, 09:32pm

I the whole thread. THE WHOLE THREAD.

Shower Fart
5 Jun 2010, 09:36pm

Funny thing is I actually read my post before posting. But, for some reason every time I read it I automatically added “know” to the sentence.

Bloodkraze
6 Jun 2010, 05:13am
I play on another server with hastemode and I find it an extremely nice change of pace, most of the time I play on a regular server the rounds take up the full 10 minutes of a round and when you're one of the first to die it gets extremely boring.

Also, in hastemode, the time doesn't change in the innocents eyes... the rounds start with like 4-5 minutes, and that will count down, never changing to the innocents. As a traitor though you will see the regular time in white and then the "real" time (which is gained by killing innocents) will flash over the regular time every second. Once the regular time runs out, all it says is "Overtime" for the innocents (traitors will still see the real time).

Nasu
6 Jun 2010, 06:45am
I support, I'm always a fast traitor and just rush people. I played it on an another server and it fits the mod very well imo.

2DG
6 Jun 2010, 11:32pm
Yes, I was gonna suggest haste mode friday.
Great mode, great fun.
The timer goes up if the traitors kill someone, the timer for the innocents is a bit differend, it shows the timer based on the confirmed deaths.
The traitors can also see this timer, but once every 3 seconds they see the real timer.

SgtJoo
7 Jun 2010, 08:12am
I played it on another server and it was pretty decent... I don't know how awesome it is though, only played a few rounds before I left.

PingPong
7 Jun 2010, 08:43am
Played on other servers that have it, I didn't like it much. But like bloodkraze said it's a change of pace.

Metal
7 Jun 2010, 08:45am
On sunday night, i was the last T.
My team died around the 4:00 mark.
So i had to wait till 1:20 and i rolled the In's.

We need time to plan.

Bloodkraze
8 Jun 2010, 04:07am
The thing is, you start with 4 minutes or so starting and each kill raises that time. If you have a full server and your traitors are doing their job, then you can easily get the 10 minute round time that the non-haste modes have. Depending on the server size i think it's even possible to get longer than 10 minutes. But then theres also that possibility that the traitors take too long to do anything and the rounds end at 4-5 minutes.

Another high point is that when the original 4 minutes run down (and the traitors have killed a few) the innocents can only see the time as "Overtime" so they can't sit around each other and slowly start counting down the seconds till they win. They have to keep on edge never knowing how much time is left before the round is over. Which adds a nice atmosphere to the game.

Metal
8 Jun 2010, 06:23am
The thing is, you start with 4 minutes or so starting and each kill raises that time. If you have a full server and your traitors are doing their job, then you can easily get the 10 minute round time that the non-haste modes have. Depending on the server size i think it's even possible to get longer than 10 minutes. But then theres also that possibility that the traitors take too long to do anything and the rounds end at 4-5 minutes.

Another high point is that when the original 4 minutes run down (and the traitors have killed a few) the innocents can only see the time as "Overtime" so they can't sit around each other and slowly start counting down the seconds till they win. They have to keep on edge never knowing how much time is left before the round is over. Which adds a nice atmosphere to the game.

Thing is, some T's need time on their side to get the job done.

Toxin
8 Jun 2010, 06:35am
The fear of being dead and doing nothing for 10 fucking minutes is mostly what causes this paranoia. Therefore, adding haste wouldn't be a good idea. Just saying.

Bloodkraze
8 Jun 2010, 07:00am
Thing is, some T's need time on their side to get the job done.

Sure, but if they need more than 5 minutes just to kill 1 innocent, then they're doing something wrong regardless.

rokart
10 Jun 2010, 12:51pm
it's fine the way it is, the haste mode would just put pressure on traitors to kill innocents (which could be you) earlier and could drag the round to 10 min anyways.

Nasdaqian
10 Jun 2010, 03:51pm
it's fine the way it is, the haste mode would just put pressure on traitors to kill innocents (which could be you) earlier and could drag the round to 10 min anyways.

true.

Chobber
13 Jun 2010, 01:31pm
I don't support adding.

Cypher
15 Jun 2010, 06:57pm
Nah, i like it the way it is, just stick with a large group if you don't want to wait 10 minutes, and if you get killed early on, that's your fault and your problem.

High
16 Jun 2010, 03:05am
It's mnote's call, but It doesn't seem conductive to add.

Nasdaqian
20 Jun 2010, 08:51pm
i think we should try it for a day, it couldnt hurt