PDA

View Full Version : Armando Galarraga's perfect game ruined...

Supa
2 Jun 2010, 09:09pm
VmCNNxRg_Og

Worst call, under the circumstances... that I have ever seen in my life. I'm still jaw dropped that he called him safe.

iAMGeno
2 Jun 2010, 09:24pm
I was going to make a thread :) you beat me to it. If I was him I'd seriously punch the umpire in the face.

Josh
2 Jun 2010, 09:49pm
I was going to make a thread :) you beat me to it. If I was him I'd seriously punch the umpire in the face.Quite the contrary, they hugged after the game. It is a "game" after all.

Drox
2 Jun 2010, 09:53pm
ehhh just a bad call, isnt the first time it happen nor the last lol

Phonicz
2 Jun 2010, 10:03pm
Yea that was bullshit

iAMGeno
3 Jun 2010, 08:25am
I'm guessing some of you don't know how difficult it is to get a perfect game... It's only happened 20 times in 100+ years. It's not just the umpire's fault though the mlb should add instant replay.

Supa
3 Jun 2010, 09:25am
I'm guessing some of you don't know how difficult it is to get a perfect game... It's only happened 20 times in 100+ years. It's not just the umpire's fault though the mlb should add instant replay.

What's crazy... is this would have been the 3rd perfect game in 29 days. Just unreal. It really is a rare feat to accomplish. It was a perfect game in my book though. The first 28 out perfect game.

slaminsalmon
4 Jun 2010, 06:01am
Yeah I agree it was still something to see them shake hands at the next game. Took a lot of courage for Joyce to get back in there...

Barber
4 Jun 2010, 09:44am
He just ruined a lifetime dream. Anyways, if any of u guys saw him when he got back on the field the next day, he did it in tears. and the whole Tigers team went to comfort him. Nice sportsmanship.