PDA

View Full Version : what folders do i put weapon/player skins in ?

BloodDogg
2 Jun 2010, 08:30pm
yo

i thought this would be the right place for my thread

say i downloaded a weapon/player skin from fpsbanana,what folders would i put them in ?

do i need to extract the files from the folders ?

i also have the winrar trial version

thanks for the help !

im still pretty new to all this CSS stuff,and im looking for stuff that'll make my game more enjoyable and a bit more gorey too LOL

Dirty Sanchez
2 Jun 2010, 08:32pm
If I remember right, I haven't used skins in a while. You would highlight the materials, models, and sound folders from the .rar file and drag them to the cstrike folder.

Whazaaaaa
2 Jun 2010, 11:18pm
Can you give use info about what kind of folders there are in the custom weapon/player skins like normaly there would be (like Dirty Sanchez said) the folders that are named Material, Models and Sounds. But maybe you have like only a folder with the name of the weapon/skin.

And if you have the folder materials,models and sound you should place it here:
#:\Steam\steamapps\*username*\counter-strike source\cstrike

Hope this helped if not send me the download link of the weapon/player skin and il search it out :D

samaste.march
11 Jun 2010, 01:39am
I am going to tell you how to install the Gangsta Glock.
1. First off download the skin.
2. Notice the file has a ".rar" extension. Winzip does not support rar files. You must download Winrar in order to access rar files.
3. Once Winrar is installed, open up the file. Now you will see something like Screen shots.
4 . Go to Start>Run (On Vista it is Windows Key + R).
5. Enter C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\ and click OK. If you want to skip the next three steps, try putting %sourcesdk%..\..\counter-strike source\cstrike instead.
6. Select the folder with your email/username.
7. Select the counter-strike source folder.
8 Select the cstrike folder.
9 Now go back to Winrar.
10. Select all of the folders.
11 Now drag and drop the folders into the cstrike(folder name) folder (make sure the pointer is on the white part of the cstrike window when you release the mouse and you select yes to all).
12. Now your skin is installed! Go play counter-strike source and enjoy!

crazy_tim412
11 Jun 2010, 02:08am
I am going to tell you how to install the Gangsta Glock.
1. First off download the skin.
2. Notice the file has a ".rar" extension. Winzip does not support rar files. You must download Winrar in order to access rar files.
3. Once Winrar is installed, open up the file. Now you will see something like Screen shots.
4 . Go to Start>Run (On Vista it is Windows Key + R).
5. Enter C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\ and click OK. If you want to skip the next three steps, try putting %sourcesdk%..\..\counter-strike source\cstrike instead.
6. Select the folder with your email/username.
7. Select the counter-strike source folder.
8 Select the cstrike folder.
9 Now go back to Winrar.
10. Select all of the folders.
11 Now drag and drop the folders into the cstrike(folder name) folder (make sure the pointer is on the white part of the cstrike window when you release the mouse and you select yes to all).
12. Now your skin is installed! Go play counter-strike source and enjoy!

NINJA !!! :P