PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Mic Spam

Un4Given
2 Jun 2010, 05:41am
Hello i have a suggestion for MG,ZE if not ALL the servers. If you are like me you HATE mic spammers. Correct? well i stumbled across a MIC-Spammer Muter sort of thing

Link : https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=72227

By useing this we will reduce the Music spamming increasing the number of people who join the server

Mic spam = 3-7 people ragequiting due to annoying ness.
Less micspam = less rage quiters = more ppl

Please take under consideration thnx Un4given =]

Nasu
2 Jun 2010, 06:02am
Just demo them or use player list mute, I don't think this is needed, but wait for a higher up to answer :]

Metal
2 Jun 2010, 06:30am
Best anti-mic spam tool are called players,demos and admins.

rokart
2 Jun 2010, 10:21am
I don't see y we'd need it since there's at least 1 admin in the servers most of the time

Whazaaaaa
2 Jun 2010, 10:38am
IDK realy how it works but what if like someone talk a long time to someone else (not that that happends alot :P)

Lucid
2 Jun 2010, 12:24pm
I've been on servers where they wont even let you join until you disable your HLSS/HLDJ.

Harry
2 Jun 2010, 01:17pm
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=107086
^ Updated version of OP's link.

I've been on servers where they wont even let you join until you disable your HLSS/HLDJ.
I do not see this as a bad thing (except for the people who have legit uses for HLSS/HLDG (which are?....)).

Un4Given
2 Jun 2010, 01:39pm
Ive seen admins that dont do anything to these mic spammers. there were like 3 admins in the sever and none of em did anything. its just a suggestion Take it under consideration Thnx Un4GiveN

Toxin
2 Jun 2010, 04:05pm
Ive seen admins that dont do anything to these mic spammers. there were like 3 admins in the sever and none of em did anything.

Admins are in no way obligated to act on rule breakers. As long as they do not encourage the rule breaking, it's perfectly fine. I doubt it was bad mic spamming then if the admins didn't act.

Neji
2 Jun 2010, 06:16pm
I say we stick with bans.

Lucas15
2 Jun 2010, 11:29pm
If you haven't noticed, Mani admin now has a timed muting thing too O.o :toung:

RaDiuM
3 Jun 2010, 05:17pm
Just demo them or use player list mute, I don't think this is needed, but wait for a higher up to answer :]

Doesn't work... Afaik on mg and ze. For me anyway

Preddy
11 Jun 2010, 08:55am
Idea sounds good in principal but I am sure it would glitch or someone would find a way to abuse it etc etc.
Just stick with good old players recording demos and admins :thumb: