PDA

View Full Version : Build Server

Methelod
1 Jun 2010, 07:59pm
I know this has probably been suggested before but I think that if SG ever decides to get another G-mod server it should be a build server with mods like wire mod, phx 3, bouancy, weight, and adv dupe.

Metal
1 Jun 2010, 08:33pm
No.
I would rather see RP
and the last build we had died

iNorris
1 Jun 2010, 09:37pm
I liked the biweekly idea. I personally don't know, but a close knit community (loose term, just in comparison to others) like ours might be able to produce some serious fun times in build and RP alike. Our vast amount of admins would help too.

Plus, I need another outlet for gmod. I keep getting booted from ttt because Im taking up the reserve slot. Hopefully that'll change when I donate sometime this month.

2DG
1 Jun 2010, 11:42pm
I'd say take a zombie survival IF any more gmod servers, build is not really popular after all.

ReGIONALS
1 Jun 2010, 11:54pm
3DG gmod zombie mods are absolutely horrible, if i had to choose an another gmod server it would be buildrp or survival

Methelod
3 Jun 2010, 11:41am
Well buildRP sounds nice maybe with certain days being completly build or completly RP but usually just a mix of both.

starbucks
3 Jun 2010, 11:52am
RP FTW.

Methelod
3 Jun 2010, 12:11pm
BUILD RP FTW!

Boobcake
3 Jun 2010, 12:13pm
Didnt the build server fail due the lack of an admin updating it? I remember it didnt have wire, phx or any other addons. I would love either RP or Build.

LunarKirby
3 Jun 2010, 01:15pm
Why not a multi-mod server.
A bunch of mods in a server, vote for a mod change, just like RTV.
I know a server that has it, but i'm not sure if its there personal script.

They had many mods like,
Sniper Wars
Fort Wars
Laser Wars
Obstacle courses
Races
Zombie Survival
Planes and etc.

KScorp
3 Jun 2010, 02:20pm
I advise against multimod. Players generally want to join a server to play a certain gametype. The problem with multimod is either A) players always pick the same game (if it allows for it), or B) players leave when a gametype they don't like comes up.

I've seem many servers like that, have yet to come into one that always has players in it.

Build server would be nice if you make it that only members could build limitlessly. (Non-members would be severely restricted, otherwise MINGES EVERYWHERE.) It might actually encourage people who want to build to come in, but only if admins keep everything clean. It's a very difficult server to moderate.

Methelod
3 Jun 2010, 03:54pm
Rp servers are difficult to moderate anyways but what I'm talking about is normally its a combination of RP and build where there are RP elements but you don't have to RP if you don't want to and there are certain days when its purely one or the other.

LunarKirby
4 Jun 2010, 07:14am
Multi-Mod is just like minigames for CSS, except its MUCH more eddited, as its not only map wise, but models, scripts etc.

The voting system in Multi-Mod servers are much better, people vote for a game type and others can see it, they may agree and join them. If not they go choose another, I hardly think anyone at the last seconds of voting would just be on a mod by themselves, it would just waste the chance to vote.

As in RTV, if you would see that 2 mods are in tie, and you did not choose either, then you could change your vote, for one of the 2 mods.

I haven't seen problems where people pick the same game over and over.
The mod vote change will occur, when the majority of the server votes for a change, then if the vote happens, they vote for which mod. All the mods are shown since not much are made, but when a mod has won, you get to choose the map for that mod.

Finally if someone doesn't like the mod, pshhh. lol
Just Vote, like how people RTV in CSS.

Tweezy
4 Jun 2010, 11:21am
Spacebuild with SB3 and Life Support, or EvoCity RP, all with phx3

Metal
4 Jun 2010, 01:38pm
Why not a multi-mod server.
A bunch of mods in a server, vote for a mod change, just like RTV.
I know a server that has it, but i'm not sure if its there personal script.

They had many mods like,
Sniper Wars
Fort Wars
Laser Wars
Obstacle courses
Races
Zombie Survival
Planes and etc.

support

Methelod
11 Jun 2010, 08:31am
I support kirby to.