PDA

View Full Version : Voteslay

Wertel
1 Jun 2010, 10:06am
I have noticed an increase of free killers who dont slay themselves and make up excuses like he came at me with a knife or he blocked the door or i gave him a warning shot to the head.
What i want is a command where a player can say /voteslay (name) and he must get atleast half of the players to vote yes then the player will be slayed and there will be a 5 minute time limit with this command to so there are no vote spams!

Paul
1 Jun 2010, 10:49am
We never and wont use any vote slay/ban/kick just because its so simple to manipulate them and abuse them.

Mad Dogg
1 Jun 2010, 11:41am
We never and wont use any vote slay/ban/kick just because its so simple to manipulate them and abuse them.

:amen:

iNorris
1 Jun 2010, 12:51pm
Cant agree with paul more. Servers with this option are disastrous failures.

Taylor
1 Jun 2010, 01:12pm
Agreed, we had this feature long ago, and most players would either vote ban, vote kick, or vote slay another person just because they pissed them off. it just got abused and ended up getting removed. Best bet is to get a demo or SS or just add admins to your friends list and tell them if something like that is happening.

Gumpy
1 Jun 2010, 01:57pm
I do miss voteban. One of the funniest things that ever happened on our server was the day grim existance got banned.

Caution
1 Jun 2010, 02:35pm
Or when Obez got banned lol.

Lucas15
5 Jun 2010, 04:49pm
Ya, there really isn't any need for this either, due to the fact of almost every server having admins in it all the time.

jeN
5 Jun 2010, 06:03pm
I have noticed an increase of free killers who dont slay themselves and make up excuses like he came at me with a knife or he blocked the door or i gave him a warning shot to the head.
What i want is a command where a player can say /voteslay (name) and he must get atleast half of the players to vote yes then the player will be slayed and there will be a 5 minute time limit with this command to so there are no vote spams!

^ Exactly why I will rarely slay a person when people yell "Freekiller/shooter" shits impossible to really tell half the time.

If you notice a freekiller, then I'd say just record a demo to get them banned through a player complaint. As a player and admin, it's kind of hard to know what's happening to every single player ingame, and why exactly someone got killed. I like to enjoy the game too and if I went to figure out every freekill cry, I wouldn't be able to play myself. If it's the same guy repeatedly and an admin hasn't caught on, either say on mic/text/to admins/or add an admin to friends. Feel free to add me next time we're in PB if you'd like. Your best bet to get a freekiller banned though is through a player complaint since we can see exactly what happened from your perspective.

kool
5 Jun 2010, 06:10pm
^ Exactly why I will rarely slay a person when people yell "Freekiller/shooter" shits impossible to really tell half the time.

I think there are more reasons, just kidding.

And like what Paul said, it would be abused. PB has admins in there most of the times anyways, so if you have a problem just let them know. If it becomes a constant problem, demo. All of this has been said before.

An_Orange
5 Jun 2010, 07:38pm
Ya people would abuse that option :]

Caution
5 Jun 2010, 08:58pm
Ya, there really isn't any need for this either, due to the fact of almost every server having admins in it all the time.

Yeah, there's really not.

I could get having this on 2 years ago (like we did), but everybody and their mom is an SA, so there's no need to worry.

Gator
5 Jun 2010, 09:36pm
I don't see any need for this UNLESS, the whole server votes on it (sometimes admins aren't on at 4 AM)

Venue
6 Jun 2010, 08:30am
That's where demo's come in.

Empire Strikes Black
6 Jun 2010, 02:15pm
i think there should be an option to slay slay/kick afks on the minigame server. those always annoys us the most.

Bubbles
6 Jun 2010, 05:06pm
i'm an admin

i have the ability to slay anyone in the server, at any time

i would abuse the fuck out of voteslay

jen would never make it 1 round.

Gator
7 Jun 2010, 01:32am
What if voteslay was set for like only Reg's and Hon's?

jeN
7 Jun 2010, 01:44am
i'm an admin

i have the ability to slay anyone in the server, at any time

i would abuse the fuck out of voteslay

jen would never make it 1 round.

fuck you

Bubbles
7 Jun 2010, 02:32am
fuck you

ok

Forester155
7 Jun 2010, 06:01am
I see where the voteslay is coming from, because even from my own experience as both CT and T its easy to accidently freekill/free shoot people in crowds when one is armed, and its hard to tell if they have a primary or not sometimes. but any vote system sends of alarms in my head, especially for me, who would be vote slayed every round due to my voice. but mabye we should look into some kind of other system, i have no clue what, that could encourage less freekilling.

Lucid
7 Jun 2010, 10:05am

This thread was over a few days ago.