PDA

View Full Version : [Finished] mg_randomizer_v3

Paul
28 May 2010, 10:42am
<fieldset><div align="center"><blink><b class="blue"><font size="3">mg_randomizer_v2</font></b></blink></div></fieldset>

<fieldset><div align="center"><b class="green">Whats the Map about?</b>

A basic very detailed fy style map, with 16 random gameplay rounds which will be chosen at round start on a random system.</div></fieldset>

<fieldset><div align="center"><b class="green">Total Hours Spent Making the Map</b>

18?</div></fieldset>

<fieldset><div align="center"><b class="green">Screenshots</div></b>
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/poj_rovers/4.jpg
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/poj_rovers/1.jpg
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/poj_rovers/2.jpg
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/poj_rovers/3.jpg
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/poj_rovers/5.jpg</div></fieldset>

<fieldset><div align="center"><b class="green">Currently Working On</b>
Nothing</div></fieldset>

<fieldset><div align="center"><b class="green">FPSB Work In Progress</b>

Will post one later on when I get up a running. </div></fieldset>

p.s. thanks to tomgreen for the main idea.

(von dutch) delta force 8
28 May 2010, 10:45am
We are going to love you even more caus of this this

PingPong
28 May 2010, 10:46am
Sounds fun

Metal
28 May 2010, 10:52am
Can't wait.

Cheers

Paul
28 May 2010, 02:44pm
Suggestions are welcome. 3 maps done already.

Btw. The mapping skill for this map will not be detailed thus not made to look great. Dont really want to spend too long on it.

Prez
28 May 2010, 02:50pm
So it's basically that everyone spawns at the minigame, rather than in a spawn and it's picked like an all_in_one?

Paul
28 May 2010, 02:52pm
So it's basically that everyone spawns at the minigame, rather than in a spawn and it's picked like an all_in_one?

Correct, but its all in the same room. (a fucking bitch to put together with all the overlaps)

Prez
28 May 2010, 02:54pm
Correct, but its all in the same room. (a fucking bitch to put together with all the overlaps)

Oh, all in the same room. I see. Nice idea! Hope it turns out well.

Paul
28 May 2010, 03:16pm
Oh, all in the same room. I see. Nice idea! Hope it turns out well.

Yah thanks.

Backstab level done.

LunarKirby
28 May 2010, 03:34pm
So this is the map you decided on.
Just make sure the layout of the map suits all the modes.

Paul
29 May 2010, 05:02am
High speed + 300hp level done.

Need more ideas. I have about 15 atm.

Just short little fy games like scoutsknives, speed level, anything random

mapper
29 May 2010, 06:12am
I suggest a small mg where like 10 of those you listed here come together in one round.
Also a small hide and seek would be fun.
Eg: Invisible T's stripped.
Ct's have knives and one knife = kill.

iNorris
29 May 2010, 09:00am
Is convier supposed to be conveyor? As in a conveyor belt?

You could do one with all controls reversed, like that little wonder in paranoid.
Or maybe one where brushes would appear over the current one that had extremely trippy, confusing colors, and everyone has SMGs.

KScorp
29 May 2010, 11:48pm
Break the target round: several moving targets of various shapes and sizes (some very small, requiring good aim) of each team's color appear. First team to destroy all of their targets win. 5 targets appear at a time. When a target is destroyed, a new one appears to take it's place. First team to kill 30 of their targets wins. Use scouts. (All players can't do damage to the other team). Since each team has many players, this should go by quickly, but still require some skill (or luck).

Dodge the lasers round: Lasers move along the ground from the four cardinal directions. At first, rather slow, but they pick up speed (and quantity) quickly. Last team standing wins. (Generic game that many multigames have...)

Sumo wrestler round: All players have knives, which do no damage. However, left clicking causes player to push another player by about 7-10 meters. Lasers surround the arena, and if a player gets pushed into them, they die. As time goes on, the lasers move to make the arena smaller. Last team standing wins.

Lucky round: Idea from one of the mg maps. Players pick which half of the arena they want to stay on. Those who pick wrong, die. Those who pick right, continue. This goes on until there is only one person left. They have 10 seconds to choose each time. Last team standing wins. (This game can have some strategy. If each team sends half of their team to each platform, they will last for a while. Of course, you'd have to organize that pretty quickly, and the last few rounds will still come down to a few Ts vs CTs.)

These are four ideas which I think are do-able. Each should end quickly. (Less than 60 seconds.)

Paul
31 May 2010, 06:12pm
Thanks for the ideas so far guys I will look at these once im done with my current ones.

Update:

Rounds completed recently:

-Scoutsknives
-He Grenade
-Illusionary

ScubaToaster
31 May 2010, 06:18pm
I'm sorry, but for me it says "Image link here" but no image or ability to click the link. Am I doing something wrong?

Paul
31 May 2010, 06:19pm
I'm sorry, but for me it says "Image link here" but no image or ability to click the link. Am I doing something wrong?

Nah, im not doing images atm until I actually texture my stuff.

Metal
31 May 2010, 08:20pm
A cube maze?
All walls are black, and you use ladders to get to the next floor.
idk

iNorris
1 Jun 2010, 09:01pm
Okay Paul, from your little demo today on the MG server, I have a couple bits of criticism, but first, I must congratulate you on a job well done so far. For the most part it runs perfectly and the variety is pretty damn good. So, criticism: 1: on the circle force-off, I was first thrown completely off, then the next time I did not recieve a knife-pusher. 2: on the spotlight round, the black blocks spawned too early, and it was hard to find the door. 3: are people able to leave the ice arena after they enter? if so that's a bit of miss on the mark when trying to obtain a ice knife fight

overall, I loved it, and keep up the good work.

Paul
1 Jun 2010, 09:27pm
Okay Paul, from your little demo today on the MG server, I have a couple bits of criticism, but first, I must congratulate you on a job well done so far. For the most part it runs perfectly and the variety is pretty damn good. So, criticism: 1: on the circle force-off, I was first thrown completely off, then the next time I did not recieve a knife-pusher. 2: on the spotlight round, the black blocks spawned too early, and it was hard to find the door. 3: are people able to leave the ice arena after they enter? if so that's a bit of miss on the mark when trying to obtain a ice knife fight

overall, I loved it, and keep up the good work.

1. The sumo round is going to be removed (with the swords + push triggers) as its jsut buggy.

2. Spotlight boxes I will fix. Finding the door, just follow everyone else I guess.

3. Afk spawn killers are going to be added on most maps.

I have a list of changes written down including these 3 that you have pointed out. Next beta version should be out tomorrow sometime.

Thanks for your feedback.

Paul
2 Jun 2010, 04:52pm
Map done, screens in OP.

iNorris
2 Jun 2010, 04:55pm
Is that a dodgeball mg?

Prez
2 Jun 2010, 05:39pm
Did you fix the sumo one? Or just take it out?

Paul
2 Jun 2010, 05:50pm
Did you fix the sumo one? Or just take it out?

Removed it, couldnt figure out what was causing people to randomly fly off when it went up.

Prez
2 Jun 2010, 05:57pm
I see. I can gladly take a look for you, if you want.

Paul
2 Jun 2010, 06:03pm
I see. I can gladly take a look for you, if you want.

Nah its fine. Im happy with what I have atm, 16 maps in one which fully works.

Prez
2 Jun 2010, 06:05pm
Nah its fine. Im happy with what I have atm, 16 maps in one which fully works.

Alright. Nice work!

mapper
3 Jun 2010, 12:29am
Wow I'm impressed you made such a map in less than a day xP

struki
3 Jun 2010, 05:36am
wow you are fast

Spiritwind
3 Jun 2010, 10:10am
I think its awesome. Great job Paul!
There is one thing though - the elevator one is still bugged. If two people lose at exactly the same time both go into the main shaft and if those two are the last two people, then nothing will happen and one team is forced to kill themselves.
Again, great job and I'm amazed at how little time you spent making it! This is pretty much a multigames without the player game selection.

Paul
3 Jun 2010, 10:26am
I think its awesome. Great job Paul!
There is one thing though - the elevator one is still bugged. If two people lose at exactly the same time both go into the main shaft and if those two are the last two people, then nothing will happen and one team is forced to kill themselves.
Again, great job and I'm amazed at how little time you spent making it! This is pretty much a multigames without the player game selection.

Okay I will fix this in v3.

EDIT: okay v3 done should be fixed and also I looped the music now.

kkevin78
3 Jun 2010, 12:29pm
these mini games look awsome