PDA

View Full Version : current zombie hell sucks

cakeshark
26 May 2010, 10:04pm
it does. just bring the zombie hell back to endless zombies for the round time. if possible, it would be awesome to make it so that after you die 3 times on one team (ct or t) you switch to the other team (until you die 3 more times). all these days and different classes of zombie.. surprisingly get boring quicker than farming zombies endlessly.

Lucid
26 May 2010, 10:40pm
The server isn't completed yet.

Jasper
27 May 2010, 01:41am
I'd also like to have the camp maps removed. It's lame when there are spots where the AI can't get you. I'm sure every map has a spot like that though.

Cypher
27 May 2010, 02:00pm
I like the zombie npc's, giving a player zombie would make it alot harder, for they actually have brains, i do like endless zombies+ time limit though, only problem with that is # of bots, which i'm sure take up something

jeN
27 May 2010, 02:11pm
I'd also like to have the camp maps removed. It's lame when there are spots where the AI can't get you. I'm sure every map has a spot like that though.

Most maps have a spot like that but it's a godsend when you're the first in the server trying to populate it, otherwise you'll just constantly die and get frustrated =[

Metal
27 May 2010, 02:13pm
The server isn't completed yet.

/thread

It still has a good deal of work left

DuxDucis
6 Jun 2010, 02:05pm
yea and all maps have somewhere to camp and every1s going to camp there

Exacto-Be
7 Jun 2010, 02:24am

couldn't we rather fix the camping by limited ammo & only possibility to buy more ammo/other guns on certain places ... (multiple places) ...
this way people can only camp for a certain amount of time ... & the people that don't camp will automaticly cross the places that (if possible automaticly) refills their ammo.:cool: (i'm thinking of that minigames map with the invisible enemys where u can refill ammo by pressing e near a box)

I think that if we got about 5 of such places in a map there should be enough ... ofcourse this would mean all maps should be edited ... :ohwell:

crazy_tim412
7 Jun 2010, 03:17pm
yea and all maps have somewhere to camp and every1s going to camp there

In dd2 there is a box on Bombsite B thats blows you up when you go there
Maybe an idea to make more of those spots?

Partyboy
9 Jun 2010, 12:33am
In dd2 there is a box on Bombsite B thats blows you up when you go there
Maybe an idea to make more of those spots?
If you get to close, though. If not, you can still jump to the other box & have a safe zone.

Shadowex3
9 Jun 2010, 09:17am
I was during the last CA meeting, I tried to camp like on the old Zombie Hell server. Everybody on vent will tell you that within 30 seconds I was shouting "OH GOD THEY CAN JUMP! THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW HOW TO CLIMB!"

The problem is when there's 40+ zombies and they spawn by just appearing ready to kill you (and the f#@%ers rightclick too) you can't exactly not camp because running around has the possibility of having somebody spawn on top of you. Plus that long empty hallway might actually be full of dudes that are outside the view distance limit but can see you just fine.

Exacto-Be
9 Jun 2010, 01:06pm
you can't exactly not camp because running around has the possibility of having somebody spawn on top of you. Plus that long empty hallway might actually be full of dudes that are outside the view distance limit but can see you just fine.

agree with that ... but when they do nothing but camping it get's boring to ... (no risk no fun)
in my opinion a system with limited ammo & some area's where buying new weapons/ammo is possible would be the best solution.

on this way they can only camp for some time, but they will eventually have to take a risk to get their ammo refilled.

MPQC
9 Jun 2010, 01:22pm
I was during the last CA meeting, I tried to camp like on the old Zombie Hell server. Everybody on vent will tell you that within 30 seconds I was shouting "OH GOD THEY CAN JUMP! THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW HOW TO CLIMB!"

Yup, I remember. On certain maps, they're even pro climbers. On assault, I've seen several zombies scale a giant pole all the way to the top of the map, it was insane!

Back on topic: Honestly, I find the server fun right now - maybe I just enjoy camping long hallways and blasting them down before they reach me. (Then hearing the screams as they knife us .. lol) I think camping is a good thing, and shouldn't be removed. However, camping cheap spots, such as on boxes that they just look up at you.. Something should be done about those. I do recall seeing a server which had a script that would slap you away from certain spots when camped in.. But that would take quite some work, to find all the spots and configure the script for that.. I'll search for the script in a bit, however.

So summary: Keep camping, remove camping cheap spots.

in my opinion a system with limited ammo & some area's where buying new weapons/ammo is possible would be the best solution.

This wouldn't work at all. As we currently have it, people respawn (or simply join the game), and they can buy guns. If they wanted to continuously camp, they could just simply rebuy their gun. So you'd have to remove buying guns. But along with that, you'd also have to remove respawn. (Who wants to play a round with only a pistol?) You could try something along the lines of only able to buy 1 gun per life..But that's a bit lame, don't you think? I always have several guns with me. (Sniper, M4 & TMP :D)

Some thoughts? :\

Cypher
9 Jun 2010, 01:29pm
Keep the damn rebuy, that is an obvious choice, the only problem with the current server (serious problems, not boredom problems) is the cheap camping, like on italy above that door, its just not cool, take them off and tweak a bit and the server is perfect.