PDA

View Full Version : Dattebayo Fansubs and Bleach, separating?

KScorp
25 May 2010, 03:26pm
Crunchyroll is trying to get licensing for Bleach, and will be providing fansubs through their streaming service as they had to Naruto. For whoever is interested, there is a petition (http://www.crunchyroll.com/petition/wewantbleach) to help crunchyroll achieve their goal. However, it may also be possible to get Dattebayo Fansubs to do the subbing for them (http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/134)! Just mark down your additional comment in the available space.

Of course, some of you may not be all that thrilled with crunchyroll doing the subs. Many of you likely hate Dattebayo Fansubs for their occasional crude humor and racism. I'm not a fan of it either, but they make some damn good subs.

If you're interested, simply join in the peition, and read Dattebayo's press release on the topic. Otherwise, let it be, find your Bleach subs elsewhere (since they're bound to appear), and see what other project Dattebayo would pick up in its stead.

Harry
25 May 2010, 04:04pm
Dattebayo are trolls a lot of the time, especially in anything like this.

KScorp
25 May 2010, 04:30pm
Many of their trolls are entertaining. The emails they receive in response are also entertaining. And you can't deny that they're good fansubbers.

I occasionally download their obvious trolls to see what they put in. The only time I was upset was when I downloaded their "MKV" episode to find nothing in it. I was expecting a funny troll, but going nothing. Waste of a few minutes of download time, but meh.

And you can't blame them for trolling. There are a LOT of ignorant people out there, as well as simple idiots, who spam e-mails and never bother to read the FAQ. They can relieve the annoyance by getting a laugh out of them. And provide us with entertainment as well.

Chaoz`
25 May 2010, 05:05pm
DB are good fansubbers, but they're so arrogant faggots towards other people, they think they invented bread ffs, you send them an e-mail with a question you have => ban

its good they get off bleach, let CR or HS sub Bleach and Naruto

Metal
25 May 2010, 07:19pm
CR is a fun and safe way to watch anime.
I was around during the birth of CR and they got hammered from showing licensed anime.
Its fine both ways, but if only CR made its own dubbing studio.
They have rights to shugo chara, shugo chara doki, shugo chara party etc

Drox
26 May 2010, 06:01am
CR is alright if your subbed there, if not then it sucks since you dont get to watch the newer episodes if you arent paying the money.

Metal
26 May 2010, 10:09am
CR is alright if your subbed there, if not then it sucks since you dont get to watch the newer episodes if you arent paying the money.

True, but its cheap as hell.