PDA

View Full Version : Canadian/US Border Control

SgtJoo
18 May 2010, 09:16pm
Vo91XS5pVj8

Lolwut. What store are you going to?

Drox
18 May 2010, 09:21pm
He was being a douchebag to the nice border patrol officer so to me he deserved every bit of it. lol

Delirium
18 May 2010, 09:47pm
Ridiculous, completely unneeded.

Kuro
18 May 2010, 10:23pm
im sitting here listening to this. And seriously.... seriously.... this sounds like an argument we would have about pb or something.

Metal
19 May 2010, 06:22am
..Cross our border and out bear cavalry will fuck you up.

Bullet Wound
19 May 2010, 10:06am
lol "When you pulled away from the officer, that right there was assault".

Border patrol on the American side is sooooooooo bad.

SilentGuns
19 May 2010, 10:15am
God bless America

this is the reason why I would stay away from that country and so should everyone else.

SgtJoo
19 May 2010, 10:35am
God bless America

this is the reason why I would stay away from that country and so should everyone else.

One border patrol officer having a bad day isn't representative to the entire United States =P

I'd like to see video of what actually happened in its entirety, too bad it's not possible.

Lux
19 May 2010, 12:22pm
Pathetic.

Police take too many liberties....I'm not going to blame the guy who was trying to ask questions but going to the shops and not knowing what store you're going to is hardly grounds for suspicion.....

He didn't exactly threaten anyone....and the wife is crying and the police just make the situation even worse.

AndreiD
19 May 2010, 12:28pm
Even Romanian border patrol isn't that abusive.
Land of the free my ass, your only freedom is choosing between brand A and brand B.

SgtJoo
19 May 2010, 12:48pm
Land of the free my ass, your only freedom is choosing between brand A and brand B.

You didn't read what I said, did you?

That's an isolated incident which may or may not be atypical of the larger population as a whole. You're characterizing the US based on what could be a guy having a bad day at work; in addition you don't even know if the guy was being belligerent, the audio could be edited.

Italian Jew
19 May 2010, 01:07pm

Remember that the next time Russia becomes a little antsy and decides to own your ass again.

Metal
19 May 2010, 01:38pm
but god usa sucks...

Canada made a photo book for you guys showing the friendship between the border and now that relationship is replaced with a fence.

SgtJoo
19 May 2010, 01:43pm
but god usa sucks...

Canada made a photo book for you guys showing the friendship between the border and now that relationship is replaced with a fence.

Everyone knows Canadian terrorists are infamous for sneaking across the border into the US and destroying modern American civilization as we know it. :cool:

andre1028
19 May 2010, 02:40pm
It honestly sounds like a Border officer with an extremely bad day and I guess I have to agree with Joo pointing out that just because this individual officer escalated the situation it does not reflect the United States' border control. It's more of a situation where the person was just enforcing regulation to harshly. I do have to add the fact from self experience (I've stayed/traveled/lived in the United States back and forth dozens of times) though that US Border officers aren't entirely the nicest of people and are rather stern on the road and in Airports but you really can't blame them for not being as relaxed as the Canadian counterpart looking at situations in the past.

Red
19 May 2010, 03:21pm
The guy is a stupid douche bag. Right off the bat he starts off as a smart ass. "Which countries am I citizens?", answering questions with questions in a fucktard tone of voice is not smart.

Just answer the fucking questions to the best of your knowledge.

And this guy is clearly saying that he isn't a terrorist because he doesn't look brown skinned, but at the same time I bet when he goes back to fucking Canada he sits there and blasts Arizona for racial profiling and the USA in general saying that racially profiling Middle Eastern looking people at airports is wrong.

Yet here he clearly wishes that's what the customs officials went by 100% of the time.

Perfect example of smug fucks that think they can record audio/video and run their mouths because they think they're so fucking smart.

Metal
19 May 2010, 03:26pm
<3 Canada but kinda ashamed

Sander Cohen
19 May 2010, 04:20pm
Last time I crossed the border the American border security gave us a harder time than the Canadians, but it may have been an isolated incident. Also it may be different for Americans.

Drox
19 May 2010, 05:55pm
sWS-FoXbjVI

AndreiD
20 May 2010, 09:13am
You people don't understand that every citizen has the right to be annoying, recalcitrant, or however he wants to be. The policeman doesn't have that right.
Even if the Canadian was a total ass, the policeman should of treated him with respect and dignity, and not lock him up for obstruction of justice just because he wouldn't instantly answer some questions.
That border policeman acted exactly how communist policemen would.
If you're too stupid to understand what I wrote here, don't reply.

By the way, I'd like you to read the Patriot Act and see just how much the police can shaft you if they want.
Damn, even I have more rights than you guys, and I live in Romania.

SgtJoo
20 May 2010, 09:37am
You people don't understand that every citizen has the right to be annoying, recalcitrant, or however he wants to be. The policeman doesn't have that right.
Even if the Canadian was a total ass, the policeman should of treated him with respect and dignity, and not lock him up for obstruction of justice just because he wouldn't instantly answer some questions.
That border policeman acted exactly how communist policemen would.
If you're too stupid to understand what I wrote here, don't reply.

By the way, I'd like you to read the Patriot Act and see just how much the police can shaft you if they want.
Damn, even I have more rights than you guys, and I live in Romania.

Things like the Patriot Act shouldn't worry a law abiding citizen and that's why there are lawyers. We have freedom to publish anything we want decrying our government, we have freedom to speak out and hold assemblies against things we think are wrong, and we have a solid constitution to back that up. If someone feels as though they've been treated wrongly that's what the court system is for. If a 90-year old grandmother gets arrested due to the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. act, then obviously the arrest is going to get challenged.

To be more to the point the Canadian was being a complete and utter douchebag to the border patrol guy and that's not going to get you very far. It's not even about our rights, I don't know why you brought them into the argument. He's a Canadian. He's not American. He's not entitled to the same rights that we are and unfortunately for him being an asshole at the border is punishable (even if not that much). He was pretty lucky to just get put in jail for a short amount of time, try pulling that shit at Israeli Border Control. I've been there and believe me shit don't fly like that in areas where terrorism is very serious.

There's not even video to accompany the audio and I promise you the audio was edited. The whole story hasn't even been told and you're looking at it like the U.S. is North Korea. We don't arrest people crossing the border and sentence them to labor camps, we just have rules in place to maintain the security of our borders. Like it or not anyone coming across our borders has to deal with it or take their Canadian Dollars/pesos/insert foreign currency here back to where they came from.

Edit: And I hardly think you can say Romania has more freedom than the US. I don't see us restricting the freedom of the press during elections.

AndreiD
20 May 2010, 12:36pm
Things like the Patriot Act should worry all citizens.
One of the principles of law is that you are innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.
Anyway, it's not my country, so I could care less, but some of the laws your congress is pushing out are weird.

PS: During elections our press was free. Some groups support one party and others another, it's like your Fox News.

Bilbo Baggins
20 May 2010, 01:30pm
He's not entitled to the same rights that we are and unfortunately for him being an asshole at the border is punishable (even if not that much).

I might be wrong but I don't the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment specifies that it only applies to american citizens... so yeah entitled he is:usa2:

SgtJoo
20 May 2010, 01:39pm
I might be wrong but I don't the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment specifies that it only applies to american citizens... so yeah entitled he is:usa2:

What? What are you saying?

@ Andrei: http://www.freedomhouse.org/template.cfm?page=70&release=64

Bilbo Baggins
20 May 2010, 04:02pm
What? What are you saying?

@ Andrei: http://www.freedomhouse.org/template.cfm?page=70&release=64

I was saying that in fact he is entitled to the same rights we have when he is on American soil (I would also include being on the border as being on american soil for the sake of the argument)

jeN
20 May 2010, 04:30pm
I actually live right near there, but really.. They almost always ask about citizenship, any form of I.D, birth certificate if you don't have one, where you're going, what your general plans are, how long you'll be, etc; just answer the questions as best as you can and move along. This guy just kept escalating a situation when he could have said any random store name.

Bad Dog
20 May 2010, 06:01pm
Someone didnt have his bag of milk that morning...

Red
20 May 2010, 06:10pm
Someone didnt have his bag of milk that morning...

HAHAHAHAHAA

Kuro
20 May 2010, 11:25pm
nice taking the topic of politics so seriously.

but whether who thinks who is right or wrong i think it goes more to the point that asking some of these "standard questions" is just wasteful and sometimes stupid.

bmills
27 May 2010, 03:15am
umm he probly should of just went with the flow people like this are either stupid or just looking for trouble....

bmills
27 May 2010, 03:20am
congress doenst represent the people like it should people elected them from each state and most people i talk to do not like what they are doing so to bring congress in this argument is irrelevant