PDA

View Full Version : Raffle-Ticket Event [WINNER PICKED]

mNote
18 May 2010, 02:44am
The WINNER has been picked!!

CLICK HERE TO FIGURE OUT WHO WON! (http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4217/winnerf.png)

Congratulations to the winner! You will be notified tomorrow of your winnings if you haven't figure it out, yourself!

I want to thank everybody for taking part in the small event and helping me test out a lot of my scripts. For now, there will be no more raffle-tickets being handed out, but look forward to the ticket-drawing tomorrow night at 11:59 P.M. CST.

Good luck to all those who entered, and hopefully I will find the heart to make another raffle event on a different server, rather than the Reg CS:S.

Note: Be on Ventrilo and Stickam tomorrow because that is how the drawing will be done.

[insert gay ass fucking image here]

I am personally holding an event to give you guys a chance to win prizes worth up to $50.00, straight out of my pocket. This could be a gift worth anything up to $50.00 (ie steam game, computer hardware, food or beverages, etc.).

The winner is chosen by a raffle drawing on June 1st, at midnight, CST.

To earn raffle tickets, you do not need to pay me. There are currently three ways to earn raffle tickets:

1. Play in the Reg CS:S server (count: unlimited)

By playing in the Reg CS:S server, you will get a chance to earn a raffle ticket either from KILLING a player or DYING to another player (suicides/world deaths won't count). You can earn an unlimited amount of raffle tickets playing in the Reg CS:S server, and the best part is, it's automatically recorded.

Ticket-Earning Tracker List Thingy (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34710) (updated whenever)

2. Answer polls (count: unknown)

Over the next couple of weeks, I'm going to start making polls to see what the majority of the community is thinking and what they're willing to do. By taking part in answering polls, you give me valuable information that I will use to better the community (so answer truthfully). Each poll that you guys answer will net you two raffle tickets, so keep a lookout for polls that I clearly say is part of the raffle event.

3. Donate PLINKS to mNote (count: 5 maximum)

http://www.finalbattleground.com/css/profile/mNote/

For every 4,000 Plinks that you donate to me, I will give you 1 raffle ticket that will be entered into the drawing. The maximum amount of tickets you can earn this way is 5, so if you donate 20,000 Plinks to me, you will have already banked 5 raffle tickets into the drawing.

On May 30th, I will disable and collect all the raffle tickets (and screen them) and place all the names onto a list. This list will go into a randomizer where I will randomly find a person to pick a number between 1 and how many raffle tickets are entered into the drawing, to select that person as the winner.

Oh, did I also mention that the drawing will be LIVE on STICKAM? Yes, I intend to record my desktop so that you guys know I'm not bullshitting when I say this raffle drawing is random and legit. I will be in Ventrilo as well, so players who wants to watch and hear the drawing will catch me there. Of course, the date for the actual drawing will be prepped 10 minutes before June 1st, so it will be May 31st, 11:50pm, CST.

http://stickam.com/mNote

I hope all of you guys will participate. My mind is telling me that I should hang onto these prizes, so I don't know what it is that is making me give this up.

Rules
1. AOs and above are not allowed to play
2. You must have a forum account to participate
3. Winners are subject to extra screening to verify that you aren't making multiple entries

So what're you waiting for? The only method to earning raffle tickets now is either plinks or playing in the Reg CS:S server.

Note:

I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DENY ANYBODY ANYTHING THAT I AM OFFERING IN THIS EVENT.

Good luck and have fun.

Tweezy
18 May 2010, 02:50am
Aww nice!!

First post :)

Daze
18 May 2010, 03:06am
1. AOs and above are not allowed to play

:(

Drox
18 May 2010, 03:31am
sounds cool, good luck to those who enter to play

Astrum
18 May 2010, 03:51am
The banner is too wide for the main page. Images need to be less than 480 pixels wide. I forget how many pixels the padding is, but try to keep it under 470.

mNote
18 May 2010, 03:56am
The banner is too wide for the main page. Images need to be less than 480 pixels wide. I forget how many pixels the padding is, but try to keep it under 470.

I'll let you know when I care.

crazy_tim412
18 May 2010, 04:10am
So, I got 1 question about it are people outside the US also allowed?

for the rest it sounds cool, after my exam Im gonna play :P

mNote
18 May 2010, 04:11am
So, I got 1 question about it are people outside the US also allowed?

for the rest it sounds cool, after my exam Im gonna play :P

Yes.

Labarr
18 May 2010, 04:33am
Cool Idea. Would be aswesome if i win cuz my birthday is on June 2 !!!!

Metal
18 May 2010, 04:34am
Sounds fun

b0red
18 May 2010, 04:47am
Ima win. Reg CS:S erry day

2DG
18 May 2010, 04:58am
I might try and get some tickets...
If I win I'd most likely donate all to SG. :P

Also, maybe you should make this for summer holidays.
A lot of people have exams, and as for me, I have testweek... like... every day 3 tests, it's really busy for me.

Jaffa
18 May 2010, 05:09am
Good thing i have 120,000 plinks saved up

Riperzz
18 May 2010, 05:20am
Cool!

ScubaToaster
18 May 2010, 05:24am
Time to win some cake.... :) count me in, but rather clever you are mNote....

Caution
18 May 2010, 06:58am
20k plinks donated :P

Henrik
18 May 2010, 06:59am
where are you gonna post the polls?

SpaZMonKeY
18 May 2010, 07:02am
Good stuff bro. Count me in for some Reg CSS action :D

Stevee
18 May 2010, 08:42am
Nice idea. I'll donate some plinks right now .

LVG
18 May 2010, 09:25am
am i above AO?

Tcp-Kill
18 May 2010, 09:45am
I am personally holding an event to give you guys a chance to win prizes worth up to $50.00, straight out of my pocket. This could be a gift worth anything up to $50.00 (ie steam game, computer hardware, food or beverages, etc.).

food

I'm in.

Metal
18 May 2010, 09:54am
I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DENY ANYBODY ANYTHING THAT I AM OFFERING IN THIS EVENT.

If you hate us?

SgtJoo
18 May 2010, 09:58am
Woot, I'm down for Mnote's awesomeness. That sounded dirty.

Mystique
18 May 2010, 10:09am
Don't like it. AO+ arent allowed to enter... meh

rokart
18 May 2010, 10:30am
kewl, too bad i dont have css though

Z3r0 M4ni4c
18 May 2010, 12:14pm
good idea ;)

And a nice thing to do for the community.

Kennith
18 May 2010, 12:29pm
Don't like it. AO+ arent allowed to enter... meh

Cause of possible editting of the raffle tickets.

Neji
18 May 2010, 01:15pm
Oh hell yeah! I hope this will populate the server :)

kabLe
18 May 2010, 01:36pm
Is there anyway to tell how many you got?

Astrum
18 May 2010, 01:44pm
I'll let you know when I care.

Then don't post in the announcements section or tell Allan to make images auto-resize on the front page.

Prez
18 May 2010, 01:48pm
Cool idea. I'll try to get some :p

jeN
18 May 2010, 01:54pm
:(

Oh no =p

1. Play in the Reg CS:S server (count: unlimited)

By playing in the Reg CS:S server, you will get a chance to earn a raffle ticket either from KILLING a player or DYING to another player (suicides/world deaths won't count).

So technically I could go AFK and just rake up those raffle tickets. keke..shit I gave out my plan =[

Veggie
18 May 2010, 02:42pm
I like!

Lux
18 May 2010, 03:05pm
Lol I'm not going to sit around bored as campers awp me in the head every round just to get into a raffle.

Would like to participate.....but in it's current state I'd rather watch paint dry than go on the reg server.

iNorris
18 May 2010, 04:20pm
was just on reg, and do the kills/deaths not count if there are too few people for FBG to register anything?

Caution
18 May 2010, 05:24pm
was just on reg, and do the kills/deaths not count if there are too few people for FBG to register anything?

He may count what's registered towards GameMe, not sure though. Either way, stats don't count for FBG unless 6 or more players are in, and it doesn't count for GameMe unless 4 or more players are in.

mNote
18 May 2010, 10:09pm
where are you gonna post the polls?

Mainly the *Fuck Noobs* thread.

am i above AO?

Yes.

If you hate us?

Yes.

Is there anyway to tell how many you got?

Edit: Actually, I'm going to keep this private.

Then don't post in the announcements section or tell Allan to make images auto-resize on the front page.

*yawn*

So technically I could go AFK and just rake up those raffle tickets. keke..shit I gave out my plan =[

If you are AFK for 2 rounds, you automatically get sent to spectator.

Lol I'm not going to sit around bored as campers awp me in the head every round just to get into a raffle.

Would like to participate.....but in it's current state I'd rather watch paint dry than go on the reg server.

With all due respect, I don't expect you to get any raffle tickets via kills either.

The ticket dispenser is active as long as players are playing. So even 1 vs 1 still gives you the possibility of getting a raffle ticket.

Caution
18 May 2010, 10:25pm
Do we have to play with our forum name to get a ticket?

Desum
18 May 2010, 10:26pm
Do we get raffle tickets for every kill and death? Just wondering, as it'll sometimes display a message saying "Congratulations, blahblah just received a raffle ticket." and sometimes it wont.

mNote
18 May 2010, 10:30pm
Do we have to play with our forum name to get a ticket?

No. I will trace the Steam ID to the gameMe stats sheet.

Do we get raffle tickets for every kill and death? Just wondering, as it'll sometimes display a message saying "Congratulations, blahblah just received a raffle ticket." and sometimes it wont.

You only have a small percentage of getting it every kill and death. The percentages are the same so getting 1 kill is the same as dying once. Of course, if you live longer and kill more, you get that 1 chance every kill you make, so skills and staying alive do play a crucial part.

Lux
19 May 2010, 04:42am
With all due respect, I don't expect you to get any raffle tickets via kills either.

Ok.......

b0red
19 May 2010, 05:03am
How does the raffle tickets with kills work? Is it just random?

mNote
19 May 2010, 05:21am
How does the raffle tickets with kills work? Is it just random?

Yes.

Every time you kill somebody, the dice is rolled to see if you get a ticket or not.

Every time you get killed by somebody, the dice will roll to see if you get a ticket or not.

Pretty much, getting into fire-fights will give you more chances to roll the dice for a ticket, as long as a person is dying.

Neji
19 May 2010, 05:33am
Can I just go spectate, be there all day and get a raffle ticket?

`Pepper.
19 May 2010, 08:21am
Can I just go spectate, be there all day and get a raffle ticket?

No, you won't get any kills or deaths that way.

SilentGuns
19 May 2010, 10:36am
Just going to para rush then.

AustinG010
19 May 2010, 10:37am
if I win, would you be able to pm me? lol

Metal
19 May 2010, 10:38am
Well reading more of this i just got one thing to say..

DON'T BE A HATER.
<3

Back on topic.
What if we do not want to be in the raffle but want to continue to play at the server

SgtJoo
19 May 2010, 10:39am
Well reading more of this i just got one thing to say..

DON'T BE A HATER.
<3

Back on topic.
What if we do not want to be in the raffle but want to continue to play at the server

Why wouldn't you want to be in the raffle? :shocked:

Metal
19 May 2010, 10:49am
Why wouldn't you want to be in the raffle? :shocked:

because i don't care.
I'm just here for the fun, im just saying.
mNote has put a lot of work into this, but im not interested.

AustinG010
19 May 2010, 10:54am
nvm, I can't do it

Mark
19 May 2010, 12:01pm
I just love you're note at the end of the post.

Bullet Wound
19 May 2010, 12:19pm
because i don't care.

You're rarely on the server anyways, I doubt it will be an issue.

If he draws your name he'll just ignore it, simple as that.

kabLe
19 May 2010, 12:42pm
So then every kill you get isn't a ticket. Its all random. So i could get a crap load of kills and 1 ticket where as bullet could get half as many kills at me and leave with 2-3.

Metal
19 May 2010, 05:43pm
You're rarely on the server anyways, I doubt it will be an issue.

If he draws your name he'll just ignore it, simple as that.

only on if a good amount of people are on.
And sounds about right.

Teen Panda
20 May 2010, 02:38am
How do I donate plinks?

mNote
20 May 2010, 03:47am
if I win, would you be able to pm me? lol

Most likely, yes.

because i don't care.

The raffle script is automatic, so your name is entered into the raffle if you earn a ticket, whether you care or not.

So then every kill you get isn't a ticket. Its all random. So i could get a crap load of kills and 1 ticket where as bullet could get half as many kills at me and leave with 2-3.

Yes, that is right.

How do I donate plinks?

You can do it via the Final Battle Ground website (www.finalbattleground.com).

Edit:

I've made it so that polls are only open for 2 days, so vote and comment it as soon as they become available so you guys don't miss out on the raffle tickets.

The Reg CS:S section also have a thread that tells you how many tickets were generated from the previous day.

Teen Panda
20 May 2010, 05:32am
Where are these polls?

mNote
20 May 2010, 07:01am
Where are these polls?

Anywhere everywhere.

Astrum
20 May 2010, 05:34pm
Pretty much, getting into fire-fights will give you more chances to roll the dice for a ticket, as long as a person is dying.

I'll laugh if you run out of entropy.

mNote
20 May 2010, 11:15pm
I'll laugh if you run out of entropy.

It's simple. If you kill a person, you roll the dice. If you die, you roll the dice. If the dice rolls onto the correct number, you get a ticket.

Mcbride
21 May 2010, 08:43pm
ahh man no TTT, guess ill being doing polls lol

b0red
21 May 2010, 08:44pm
I got one today. I was so happy.

kabLe
21 May 2010, 09:15pm
It gets me sooo irritated and everyone laughs. I've only gotten one and I play like 6 hours a day (ik its sad) and I never get one. Some randy comes in kills one guy and gets one. Its RTARDED

SgtJoo
22 May 2010, 06:54pm
It gets me sooo irritated and everyone laughs. I've only gotten one and I play like 6 hours a day (ik its sad) and I never get one. Some randy comes in kills one guy and gets one. Its RTARDED

F'n RNG

An_Orange
29 May 2010, 10:16am
Okay now I get it...

mNote
31 May 2010, 12:08am
Updated the first post. Ticket generating is over.

Bullet Wound
31 May 2010, 04:42pm
Updated the first post. Ticket generating is over.

I thought that today was the last day, and the draw would happen tomorrow?

kabLe
31 May 2010, 06:13pm
Do you have to be at the drawing to win? Cause thats really late for me. I have school so if thats the case then just take my name out QQ

mNote
31 May 2010, 08:03pm
I thought that today was the last day, and the draw would happen tomorrow?

From the time of my response, tomorrow is 3 hours away.

Do you have to be at the drawing to win? Cause thats really late for me. I have school so if thats the case then just take my name out QQ

You don't have to be at the drawing to win.

Bullet Wound
31 May 2010, 08:16pm
From the time of my response, tomorrow is 3 hours away.

No I meant that I thought today was the last day to earn tickets.

mNote
31 May 2010, 11:12pm
The winner has been picked. GG to all those who participated.