PDA

View Full Version : 1 Spammers

Jeaneh
17 May 2010, 04:57pm
I know there isn't much we can do to prevent 1 spamming but I was thinking maybe move Extend to the last option in the vote box. This will make it so if the map completely sucks people won't just mindlessly Extend and then complain, and if possible put the highest rated maps at the top of the vote box so people don't blindly pick a map that sucks.

Supa
17 May 2010, 05:01pm
If it's not a 1 spam... then it'll be a 2 spam and so forth.

Jeaneh
18 May 2010, 04:04pm
Yeah, but I find 1 spammers a lot more often and doing what I mentioned above to even JUST minigames would make a big difference on how much people complained about "shitty" maps. Just a thought for Paul and others that have a say in that kind of stuff to look at.

Spiral
18 May 2010, 04:39pm
Exit menu should be 1.

Afamad 2.1
18 May 2010, 05:12pm
I think people should get permanetaly banned if they vote one.

Jeaneh
18 May 2010, 05:40pm
Haha yeah Spiral :P

Neji
18 May 2010, 05:52pm
How does this help? If not 1 spam, there will be 2 spam. People vote for the map they like, and they will get it if a lot of people will follow them and nominate the same thing. Btw, why would you even make this thread? I see people pick more 2 then 1...

I think people should get permanetaly banned if they vote one.

LOL!! Good old Afamad.

Jeaneh
18 May 2010, 05:55pm
I don't know, people just complain a lot and I wanted to bring it up.

Drox
18 May 2010, 07:23pm
Its not that big of a deal lol People have countered 1 spam in the MG server countless times when I have been in there.

Afamad 2.1
18 May 2010, 08:39pm
I usually get people to not one spam when I threaten them with Lucid when he's not there.

Lucid, you should thank me. Half the people on the server don't even know you, and they're scared of you already.

Empire Strikes Black
18 May 2010, 08:58pm
Exit menu should be 1.

makes perfect sense

Mark
19 May 2010, 12:09pm
Only thing that needs to change is the 1 option, usually an admin will make option 1 -, this works fine, and then ppl actually take 2 seconds to look at a map before voting.

Archy
19 May 2010, 06:17pm
Don't know if possible but what if you had to click the box before you vote. My problem is that I may be switching weapons or something and accidentally vote 1.

xVengeance
19 May 2010, 07:19pm
Lmao. I would love to see the 1 button as autokill.
Vote comes up and the whole server dies.
I laugh.
LOL

Dracula
19 May 2010, 07:25pm
If you make the 1 option something else people will just spam 2, nothing will change.

`Pepper.
19 May 2010, 07:32pm
No, if exit is number 1, then their votes do not count, and do not mess up the actual voters.

People do not 1 spam because of the map, they press 1 because it is an easy thing to press, and all they want to do is to get rid of the menu, meaning if 1 == exit, no votes would be mucked up.

8=D
19 May 2010, 07:57pm
all of the buttons should be one map.

Dracula
19 May 2010, 08:08pm
No, if exit is number 1, then their votes do not count, and do not mess up the actual voters.

People do not 1 spam because of the map, they press 1 because it is an easy thing to press, and all they want to do is to get rid of the menu, meaning if 1 == exit, no votes would be mucked up.

You under estimate peoples ability to see the obvious.

Lucid
19 May 2010, 10:29pm
I usually get people to not one spam when I threaten them with Lucid when he's not there.

Lucid, you should thank me. Half the people on the server don't even know you, and they're scared of you already.

Haha, I'll be on a lot more since I'm done with school. But thanks for using me as a threat. :P
But yeah, I hate one spammers, unless I really like the map. :cool:

2DG
19 May 2010, 11:17pm

this is true, I vote pepper!

Jeaneh
20 May 2010, 10:42am

Thats what I'm trying to get at :P

Shadowex3
20 May 2010, 02:08pm
ffs just allow revoting and the whole issue's solved. 1-2-3 get a lot of inadvertent votes because of trying to switch weapons too.

Nasu
20 May 2010, 02:32pm
I bang all buttons equally.

Afamad 2.1
20 May 2010, 07:33pm
ffs just allow revoting and the whole issue's solved. 1-2-3 get a lot of inadvertent votes because of trying to switch weapons too.

I change weapons with my mouse wheel.

Lucid
20 May 2010, 08:03pm
I change weapons with my mouse wheel.

That's why you're still a noob. :bigsmile:

Afamad 2.1
20 May 2010, 09:18pm
I may be a noob, but I'm a pro noob. I kill zombies with my knife Lucid.

Jeaneh
21 May 2010, 07:23am
That's why you're still a noob. :bigsmile:

I don't know how people can get used to jumping with the mousewheel haha. I tried it and failed.

trakaill
21 May 2010, 10:51am
If you make the 1 option something else people will just spam 2, nothing will change.

the problam with 1 spam is not the spam itself is that it is extend...and people dont think about it when they press it... if 1 was a map I could care less if they 1 spammed..
In addition if its a - for option one they might actually look at what they are voting for before pressing 2 but thats very unlikely...

Jeaneh
21 May 2010, 11:04am
the problam with 1 spam is not the spam itself is that it is extend...and people dont think about it when they press it... if 1 was a map I could care less if they 1 spammed..
In addition if its a - for option one they might actually look at what they are voting for before pressing 2 but thats very unlikely...

Yeah but still, at least people won't just randomly extend.

Afamad 2.1
21 May 2010, 01:03pm
I don't know how people can get used to jumping with the mousewheel haha. I tried it and failed.

Basic controls:

Foward: Up key
Backwards: Down key
Strafe Left: Left Key
Strafe Right: Right key
Jump: Right shift
Crouch: Right control
(In HL2) Run: Enter
Flashlight: Numpad 1
Use: Numpad 0
Reload: Numpad 2
Fire: Left mouse
Alternate Fire: Right mouse
Change Weapons: Mouse Wheel.

I don't see how it can be done any other way without difficulty. Lucid can vouch this is a great control scheme, because whenever he noclips I'm always in first place.

Lucid
21 May 2010, 01:10pm
Basic controls:

I don't see how it can be done any other way without difficulty. Lucid can vouch this is a great control scheme, because whenever he noclips I'm always in first place.

lolwtf?

You play with arrow keys?

This is my control scheme:
Foward: W
Backwards: S
Strafe Left: A
Strafe Right: D
Jump: Space,mwheeldown,mwheelup,mouse3 (basically the whole mouse wheel)
Crouch: Left Control
(In HL2) Run:W?
Flashlight: J
Use: E
Reload:R
Change Weapons: Q,1,2,3,4,5

Arrow keys are for noobs.

PS: How the fuck do you crouch jump?

Afamad 2.1
21 May 2010, 03:20pm
PS: How the fuck do you crouch jump?

While my middle and sometimes fingers next to the middle finger move the character with the arrow keys, I use my upper pinky to press the jump key. If I need to crouch jump, I just use my upper pinkie to press shift, and my lower pinkie to press control.

I can also use USE, my flashlight, and reload with my left pointer finger while still moving and crouch jumping.

My right hand is free to move the mouse, fire, whatever.

It's REALLY easy actually.

Besides Lucid, you always see me leaving people behind in the dust. That proves these controls work! :bigsmile:

trakaill
21 May 2010, 03:32pm

I meantioned that before and was told it was stupid... I only see profit here but what ever...

Riperzz
21 May 2010, 03:38pm
I donīt 1 spam, I first look the map and if its good (paranoid, lotr or other good map) then I'll vote for 1. Or if it got too many votes that other map cant win it anymore.
1 spam is fine but sucks if its atix...

Lucid
21 May 2010, 03:54pm
I donīt 1 spam, I first look the map and if its good (paranoid, lotr or other good map) then I'll vote for 1. Or if it got too many votes that other map cant win it anymore.
1 spam is fine but sucks if its atix...

You mean a map that requires skill.

Riperzz
21 May 2010, 03:58pm
You mean a map that requires skill.

You mean atix? It doesnt require skill, only it require to stand still and do nothing but shoot zombies that try get there. And zombies its impossible to infect humans who camp at that place and wait for heli. I just don't like this map, fine if you like it.

Jeaneh
21 May 2010, 05:28pm
Basic controls:

Thats just weird too :S I use default controls with - binded to suicide. I've gotten used to timing bhops with space bar.

Tomathon
23 May 2010, 06:14am
Spiral just said the smartest thing in the world right there - 1 should be exit menu

Spliff
23 May 2010, 02:13pm
1 shouldn't be exit menu....more like exit game.

xoul
23 May 2010, 02:48pm
the whole first page should b blank...n 9 or 7 to go to the next page so they can actually look at maps..but that would b a long set up..

Lucid
23 May 2010, 08:48pm
You mean atix? It doesnt require skill, only it require to stand still and do nothing but shoot zombies that try get there. And zombies its impossible to infect humans who camp at that place and wait for heli. I just don't like this map, fine if you like it.

Sorry, I should have corrected myself. It doesn't involve skill, it involves 95% of what noblock maps don't require at all.

Teamwork.

Atix isn't like paranoid where you can win single handedly, you have to actually communicate with teamates. Unfortunately, a vast majority of players on our server have become accustomed to taping their W key down and charging foward, so we just RTV the first round into the map since you can't do that there.