PDA

View Full Version : Detective "Rules" rule?

Metal
17 May 2010, 07:30am
To put it simple, Should a Detective be able to "BLOCK" a whole area/room from the other players and can they make rules like "do not open the door".
A example of "do not open the door" would be in nexus when you open a door.
Or in TheThing, when a Detective tells the server to not go into the cave.

what do you thing?
Shouldn't Detectives be doing their job instead of blocking areas for us?

2DG
17 May 2010, 07:33am
Nope they're basicly innos with extra equipment.
If they are like that, just leave it alike....
Also about the complaint about clue...
Turning off the light gives the traitors an advantage, so you basicly can kill people for turning it off.
Because a traitor can shoot people while the light is off, and no1 will know where that person is at.
Or knife and run.

Metal
17 May 2010, 07:35am
Nope they're basicly innos with extra equipment.
If they are like that, just leave it alike....
Also about the complaint about clue...
Turning off the light gives the traitors an advantage, so you basicly can kill people for turning it off.
Because a traitor can shoot people while the light is off, and no1 will know where that person is at.
Or knife and run.

Answer to 3DG

About clue, the models are all chrome and you can see him in the dark.
That map isn't even a TTT map.
The lights never did give a T an advantage.
Also we got lights.

So tonight if i join TTT and block off a room or area, i can kill the all>?

Nasu
17 May 2010, 07:37am
Nope, they are innocent so dont go in. I don't get why other people cant take a small area for themselfs. They pretty clearly arent traitors usually.

Metal
17 May 2010, 08:40am
Nope, they are innocent so dont go in. I don't get why other people cant take a small area for themselfs. They pretty clearly arent traitors usually.

So saying i was D and i said do not go into the testing chamber or Do not press that button. I can kill them and not get punished?

Just doesn't seem right.

I'm just saying, the D's job is to find bodies and keep a look out.
When someone dies for a simple press this, go in that, its just not right

cakeshark
17 May 2010, 09:06am
it's a pretty cheap way to keep the traitors away. if the area you are camping isnt big enough to escape a bomb blast it is a different story. basically if you are a traitor you gotta work quick - if you dally and let people gather defenses you lose. its always a good idea to immediately attach yourself to the detective just in case they try to seal themselves off. that way at least you can have a fair chance of killing them if they keep telling you to get out.

SgtJoo
17 May 2010, 09:29am
It's not like I was sitting in the corner of a room saying "Don't come in here or you die." The lights give traitors in advantage... I don't care what you say, they do. Knifing someone in the dark is a helluva lot easier than knifing someone in the light. Yes the models of the armor are bright, but that doesn't change the fact you don't know who just knifed the guy and ran into the side room. It even makes planting C4 easier. Basically, it makes any traitor act extremely easy to carry out without being noticed. I warned in voice and chat about 15 times not to do it, but people turned off the lights anyway. I'm sorry, but if you're innocent you have no business turning the lights off because you're only hurting yourself and other innocents. And as for me not getting punished, I definitely did. I got slayed after Highsky unjailed me.

rokart
17 May 2010, 11:20am
I think other than just plain rdm, detectives can do whatever they want, but that still doesnt mean people r going to listen to them. Whether they're actively trying to seek out traitors and be good detectives or just trying camp and keep from being knifed or something. I mean i see some traitors who just camp at a spot or do nothing the entire round and be terrible traitors but we cant do anything about it.