PDA

View Full Version : soccer

asphixiations
15 May 2010, 10:37pm
Why is it that soccer is not popular in america? But it is in pretty much every other country

b0red
15 May 2010, 11:06pm
Its just to slow for us americans. I love soccer/football, shame that most americans don't. ASTON VILLA REP WHOOP WHOOP

Drox
16 May 2010, 12:11am
Its just not entertaining, granted baseball is also pretty slow also. My own personal opinion is that its just boring compared to just watching Basketball or American Football. lol

Chainedlord
16 May 2010, 12:49am
These are all opinions...I consider soccer and baseball to be very popular in America...I don't consider hockey to be popular at all though

skitzophranic
16 May 2010, 02:05am
i love soccer, it can be a pretty exhilarating sport sometimes.

Repus
16 May 2010, 02:27am
Its just not entertaining, granted baseball is also pretty slow also. My own personal opinion is that its just boring compared to just watching Basketball or American Football. lol

Yea just exciting american football, they stop the dam game everytime someone fucks up. "oh shit, ok retry, every one back here!!!" and if you fail too man times you better just give up the ball to other team.

Then again football is full of drama queens.

I'm more hockey type.

AndreiD
16 May 2010, 02:37am
Your american teams are bad, that's probably why.

Drox
16 May 2010, 03:48am
Yea just exciting american football, they stop the dam game everytime someone fucks up. "oh shit, ok retry, every one back here!!!" and if you fail too man times you better just give up the ball to other team.

Then again football is full of drama queens.

I'm more hockey type.

Its alittle more then just stoping and going, its a lot quicker then that even quicker in lower levels then in the pros where a college game can go twice as quick. I suppose you can compare it to rugby except when someone hits another person they do it to hurt them not to just tackle. lol

starbucks
16 May 2010, 04:04am

austrias soccer teams are bad, but they love soccer in austria.

austrias american football teams are one of the best in europe, and football is not very popular though.

Repus
16 May 2010, 05:21am
Its alittle more then just stoping and going, its a lot quicker then that even quicker in lower levels then in the pros where a college game can go twice as quick. I suppose you can compare it to rugby except when someone hits another person they do it to hurt them not to just tackle. lol

I would sa american football is modified better version of rugby. Rugby 2.0

psycore
16 May 2010, 05:23am
austrias soccer teams are bad, but they love soccer in austria.

austrias american football teams are one of the best in europe, and football is not very popular though.

sk rapid wien has a lot of fans dont they?

starbucks
16 May 2010, 05:32am
sk rapid wien has a lot of fans dont they?

yes, but the team is not really good

Delirium
16 May 2010, 05:39am
Arsenal FTW

b0red
16 May 2010, 09:23am

Truth. Its just not as fun when we don't have amazing players. I wish I got the soccer channel so I could watch premier league easier, its a pain in the ass to do it on the internet.

Lux
18 May 2010, 10:48am
Football is pretty free flowing.....so is rugby.....on the other hand American football just isn't.

You have like American football more...but I don't understand why you would because it's a faster game :ohwell:

I think in the future football will become more popular in America....but because there's so many big sports like Basketball, Ice Hockey, American Football, Baseball....etc...it's hard.

Can't say I really enjoy any of the above though....maybe to play but not to watch.