PDA

View Full Version : Crash

xry3x
15 May 2010, 07:47am
Hello, every time I try and join this server, my css crashes. If there is a fix for this problem, please help me out. This server looks amazing and I just want to play on it. Please help.

I join and it says: "HL2.exe has stopped working..." other servers I can join, it's just this one. But I want to play on it so bad! Thanks in advance.

Banana Joe
15 May 2010, 07:49am
This happened to me once last night too, though it worked 20 minutes after. Kinda weird...

yardy
15 May 2010, 08:00am
Try setting ur graphics to the minimum, maybe its an overflow error or something O_O

iNorris
15 May 2010, 08:31am
This happened to me a couple times. Then Steam wouldn't run for me. I just restarted my computer and it worked fine.

UltimateCookieShark
15 May 2010, 08:46am
this happens 2 me in 1 map only

Jake
15 May 2010, 09:28am
It happens to me all the time,

LVG
15 May 2010, 09:32am
It happened for me i just verified my steam files and restarted steam itself still does happen occasionally, also on different servers

Dirty Sanchez
15 May 2010, 09:57am
This happens to me in ZR, and when I see that Ayumi skin on mg.

Zaraki
15 May 2010, 12:08pm
I had the same.
First of all, it's all about problems with DEP.
Do you have Windows 7 or Windows vista?

I'll explain both:

Windows7:
1) Right click on the Computer icon on your Desktop and select Properties.
2) The System window opens now. Here, click the Advanced system settings link in the left panel
3) The System Properties window opens now. Here click the Settings… button under Performance section under Advanced tab.
4) The Performance Options dialog box opens now. Here select Data Execution Prevention tab and then click on the dot Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select option and click Add button .
5) Now select the Executable file that you want to add and click Open button.

I have added Steam.exe and Hl2.exe... now it works fine :p

Same in XP and Vista:

In windows XP,

* Open the Start menu, right-click on My Computer and Choose “Properties” from the context menu.
* On the “System Properties” window, click the “Advanced” tab .
* click settings button under Performance
* click the “Data Execution Prevention” tab
* choose either “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:” or “Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only to select the OptIn policy”
* If you choose “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:“, click Add to add the programs that you do not want to use the DEP feature.
* Click OK twice
* Restart the computer for the changes to take effect

In Windows Vista,

* Open the Start menu and right-click “Computer”
* Choose “Properties” from the context menu.
* Choose “Advanced system settings” from under “Tasks” in the left pane.
* Approve the User Account Control query (You will have to be an administrator to do it).
* Click the button “Settings” in the Performance section.
* Click the tab “Data Execution Prevention”
* choose either “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:” or “Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only to select the OptIn policy”
* If you choose “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:”, click Add to add the programs that you do not want to use the DEP feature.
* Click OK twice

xry3x
15 May 2010, 03:33pm
I had the same.
First of all, it's all about problems with DEP.
Do you have Windows 7 or Windows vista?

I'll explain both:

Windows7:
1) Right click on the Computer icon on your Desktop and select Properties.
2) The System window opens now. Here, click the Advanced system settings link in the left panel
3) The System Properties window opens now. Here click the Settings… button under Performance section under Advanced tab.
4) The Performance Options dialog box opens now. Here select Data Execution Prevention tab and then click on the dot Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select option and click Add button .
5) Now select the Executable file that you want to add and click Open button.

I have added Steam.exe and Hl2.exe... now it works fine :p

Same in XP and Vista:

In windows XP,

* Open the Start menu, right-click on My Computer and Choose “Properties” from the context menu.
* On the “System Properties” window, click the “Advanced” tab .
* click settings button under Performance
* click the “Data Execution Prevention” tab
* If you choose “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:“, click Add to add the programs that you do not want to use the DEP feature.
* Click OK twice

In Windows Vista,

* Open the Start menu and right-click “Computer”
* Choose “Properties” from the context menu.
* Choose “Advanced system settings” from under “Tasks” in the left pane.
* Approve the User Account Control query (You will have to be an administrator to do it).
* Click the button “Settings” in the Performance section.
* Click the tab “Data Execution Prevention”
* If you choose “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:”, click Add to add the programs that you do not want to use the DEP feature.
* Click OK twice

It STILL didn't work!

Morningafter
17 May 2010, 03:04pm
Yeah this happened to me the first few times i'd join the server......and my css sometimes crash's with an overflow while on ZH