PDA

View Full Version : the whole RTV thing

Kurama
13 May 2010, 04:18pm
umm ok. ill get down to the point.
i go into surf for example
surf_10x_reloaded just started
my favorite map.
about 2 minutes later the map changes from RTV.
i know some people hate it, they just suck at the map and they want everyone to change it
but can there be something longer than a time limit? like you have to do a few rounds untill RTV starts? because its rare that people get best or fav maps.
thank you for reading my question

- \\K.A.H.S//Trance

Daze
13 May 2010, 04:21pm
umm ok. ill get down to the point.
i go into surf for example
surf_10x_reloaded just started
my favorite map.
about 2 minutes later the map changes from RTV.
i know some people hate it, they just suck at the map and they want everyone to change it
but can there be something longer than a time limit? like you have to do a few rounds untill RTV starts? because its rare that people get best or fav maps.
thank you for reading my question

- \\K.A.H.S//Trance

Okay, let me explain this to you.

The current time before players are allowed to RTV is 500 seconds. If you divide 500 by 60 (as in seconds) you get 8.3. So 8 minutes and 30 seconds. If the players don't want you to rank whore on 10x then so be it. I'm not making the RTV length any longer.

Exacto-Be
13 May 2010, 04:45pm
overall RTV is there to please the biggest part of the players online ... if that part wants another map, the map will change. Sometimes that sucks indeed,

but imagine the opposite,
ur stuck on a totally crappy map every1 hates. if that takes more than 5 minutes before u can change it, it could be enough for everyone to leave. & getting a server filled isn't always that easy. So once a server get's filled, the main thing to do is keep it as full as possible. :huh:

The best u can do to keep it on ur map is to try & convince the rest to stay on that particular map. :amuse:

psycore
13 May 2010, 05:42pm
i only rtv skill surf