PDA

View Full Version : map round time

Metal
7 May 2010, 07:41pm
It seems that just to play 4 maps its around 2-3 hours.
We have many good maps and so little time.

Any way we can improve this?

mNote
7 May 2010, 09:18pm
Do you have any problems playing with the current time?

Metal
7 May 2010, 09:42pm
Do you have any problems playing with the current time?

kinda, i just find it awful that we can get most of the maps.
should have a vote at the end of each map or a random map from the list.

I just find the timer is way to high for just one map

3 rounds max maybe
gives us a chance to play all the maps

plus when the server crashes we go alllll the way back.

mNote
7 May 2010, 10:12pm
kinda, i just find it awful that we can get most of the maps.
should have a vote at the end of each map or a random map from the list.

I just find the timer is way to high for just one map

3 rounds max maybe
gives us a chance to play all the maps

plus when the server crashes we go alllll the way back.

There is always the option to vote for a different map.

Whenever I randomize the cycle, I try to sandwich in good maps into moderately liked maps so that the server doesn't die because of shitty maps. Going through the cycle of maps quickly doesn't necessarily make the server good. We have had to add and remove recent maps that were just plain shitty, and some are still being conversed about.

If we add a vote-map option, then players are going to spam 1 like they do in escape. So far, we haven't had a huge issue over the map cycle until now.

Plus, you're an admin. I think you should start learning how to make map-votes.

Nasu
8 May 2010, 02:16am
No. Agreed with mNote here. Every other server one spammers are always there and some maps would be played less. Every map is a different kind of challenge, some are harder, some arent, but I don't think any map that is on the server is bad.

2DG
8 May 2010, 03:39am

Whenever I randomize the cycle, I try to sandwich in good maps into moderately liked maps so that the server doesn't die because of shitty maps. Going through the cycle of maps quickly doesn't necessarily make the server good. We have had to add and remove recent maps that were just plain shitty, and some are still being conversed about.

If we add a vote-map option, then players are going to spam 1 like they do in escape. So far, we haven't had a huge issue over the map cycle until now.

Isn't making a map vote abuse?
Because that's what every admin tells me.

D-Team oll
8 May 2010, 04:44am
3d not if u do a vote for doing a vote :biggrin:

Metal
8 May 2010, 05:06am

I think fullmetal needs practice with admin without messing up on the TTT server.
But no jokes, next time i see TTT empty ill go in and practice with the text commands and ulx.

Plus, didnt someone way way back say admins can not make map votes and change the map.

SgtJoo
8 May 2010, 08:40am
I don't really mind the rotation that much. I think the time is just right.

mNote
8 May 2010, 10:25am
I think fullmetal needs practice with admin without messing up on the TTT server.
But no jokes, next time i see TTT empty ill go in and practice with the text commands and ulx.

Plus, didnt someone way way back say admins can not make map votes and change the map.

That's because some retard admins kept changing to gm_flatgrass when the vote ratio was screwed up.

SgtJoo
8 May 2010, 10:54am
On a side note, is hit registry still fucked?

Nasu
8 May 2010, 11:14am
On a side note, is hit registry still fucked?

Atleast for me. If I shoot someone in the head, it wont register it :[
And sometimes just blood comes out.

SgtJoo
8 May 2010, 01:29pm
Getting buffer overflow every 15 seconds now. :(

PingPong
10 May 2010, 03:38pm
Can we get a definition of whats abuse and not. There have been admin complaints about an admin on the css servers do a map vote and get a strike.

Metal
10 May 2010, 09:22pm
Can we get a definition of whats abuse and not. There have been admin complaints about an admin on the css servers do a map vote and get a strike.

50/50

If more than 70% say yes, wait until the round ends then switch it.
We see higher ups do it this way also with fun rounds like paul's blackhole.