View Full Version : [WIP] zr_ww_v1

Tweezy
7 May 2010, 05:12pm
Zombie_Riot_Wild_West_V1 (zr_ww_v1)
Map by Tweezy!

Total Time spent on map to date
Around 3 hours :)

What is this map about?
Well, this map is based from a Wild West town i studied at school, but a bit different!
It's based as a ghost town instead of an actual up-to date, so expect broken floors and shit!

The map it's self consists of around 15~ building, fully open to hold back the zombies. It also has a random stream going through the middle from a waterfall (fully made by me) of the map to make the map look better.

Completion Percentage?
Around 5-10%

Map Plans/To-Do list.

Red - needs to be done
Green - Fully finished :)

Waterfall
Mountain range
Destroyed bridge
Buildings 1-5 (Back end)
Buildings 6-10 (middle)
Buildings 11-15 (Top end)
Custom Skybox (May need some help!)
Custom models for desert
CT Spawn
Zombie Spawn Points
Hidden Areas (Secrets)

Screenshots

Layout
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll245/mjownzu_07/zr_ww_v10003_light_layout.jpg

Lighting (Needs bit more work)
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll245/mjownzu_07/zr_ww_v10002_building.jpg

Waterfall
WaterFallhttp://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll245/mjownzu_07/zr_ww_v10000_water.jpg

Whazaaaaa
7 May 2010, 06:11pm
Sound like a map that could be pretty good with zombie riot :D
hope to see screenshots and more soon...

iNorris
7 May 2010, 10:46pm
Get it done before there's another napalm event. Sounds great

Nasu
8 May 2010, 02:29am
Make a spot where you can hold zombies one way, so snipers can have fun :D

Tweezy
8 May 2010, 04:26am
Make a spot where you can hold zombies one way, so snipers can have fun :D

From the way it's designed there will be quite a few snipe shots, but also 3 ways which zombies acn flank you, so teamwork is a MUST!

Exacto-Be
8 May 2010, 05:50am
make human spawn in a seperate room which zombs cant enter ... to prevent the gay spawnkills

personally i'd make a spawn outside the real map & then let em take a teleport to the place where the zombs are ... so they atleast have their guns ready ...

i'd also make the safe spots on +/- the same distance of the zombspawn ... otherwhise all the zombs will only go to 1 spot

good luck :wave:

PS: PUT LOTS OF NADES AT SPAWN :bigsmile:

Tweezy
8 May 2010, 06:27am
make human spawn in a seperate room which zombs cant enter ... to prevent the gay spawnkills

personally i'd make a spawn outside the real map & then let em take a teleport to the place where the zombs are ... so they atleast have their guns ready ...

i'd also make the safe spots on +/- the same distance of the zombspawn ... otherwhise all the zombs will only go to 1 spot

good luck :wave:

PS: PUT LOTS OF NADES AT SPAWN :bigsmile:

The way it's designed the humans spawn behind the zombies, so the only way the zombies can spawn camp is if the humans completely fail and can't hold back the zombies. But seriously, around 6-10 is enough to hold them back.

Tweezy
8 May 2010, 07:26am
Bump: Screenshots added

iNorris
8 May 2010, 09:41am
The world just...ends. Will said custom skybox fix that?

Tweezy
8 May 2010, 09:58am
The world just...ends. Will said custom skybox fix that?

haha, it's not finished yet, don't worry it will have a mountain range all the way around the map, but in one place there will be a massive broken bridge, thats when the custom skybox will come in handy

Anubis
12 May 2010, 09:34am
DUDE! This map is gonna kick ass! I can already tell that from just looking at the pics you've provided yet. :P Cant wait til your done! ^^ Btw its gonna be on SG's zombieriot, right?

Metal
12 May 2010, 09:38am
DMC4????

Tweezy
12 May 2010, 10:41am
DUDE! This map is gonna kick ass! I can already tell that from just looking at the pics you've provided yet. :P Cant wait til your done! ^^ Btw its gonna be on SG's zombieriot, right?

Yep

Lucid
12 May 2010, 03:42pm
Looks good so far.

Waterfall is looking good.

But there is a real simple fix to prevent zombies from spawnkilling you. Just make it so the exit of the spawn is a little high off the ground so zombies can't jump into it.

Also, make it so there isn't a spot where humans can camp where the zombies have no way to get to them.

Tweezy
12 May 2010, 04:09pm
Looks good so far.

Waterfall is looking good.

But there is a real simple fix to prevent zombies from spawnkilling you. Just make it so the exit of the spawn is a little high off the ground so zombies can't jump into it.

Also, make it so there isn't a spot where humans can camp where the zombies have no way to get to them.

But surely having a height difference from spawn would make people camp which zombies can't attack?

Little edit to the map:

Making a basic version to test the basic shooting points and stuff, once I have a better layout I will work more on the environment and some custom textures :)

Ill post more screenshots either tomz or the day after :)

Exacto-Be
13 May 2010, 02:10am
But surely having a height difference from spawn would make people camp which zombies can't attack?

Little edit to the map:

Making a basic version to test the basic shooting points and stuff, once I have a better layout I will work more on the environment and some custom textures :)

Ill post more screenshots either tomz or the day after :)

how bout a long spawn unaccessable for zombs with a push ... it gives the ct's time to get their guns & prevents them from camping that 'safe' spot.

or make em spawn in a closed off area & take a teleport to where the zombs are, this way they'll atleast have all their guns ready

or (best solution in my opinion) spawnprotection!!!!

Tweezy
13 May 2010, 03:33am
how bout a long spawn unaccessable for zombs with a push ... it gives the ct's time to get their guns & prevents them from camping that 'safe' spot.

or make em spawn in a closed off area & take a teleport to where the zombs are, this way they'll atleast have all their guns ready

or (best solution in my opinion) spawnprotection!!!!

Hmm, a lil push seems good, but having an outside teleport would just cause the zombies to camp the teleport destination.

Exacto-Be
13 May 2010, 03:47am
Hmm, a lil push seems good, but having an outside teleport would just cause the zombies to camp the teleport destination.

with the teleport i meant the possiblity to chose between 3 different spot where they can tele to ...

teleport a --> north side of map
teleport b --> east side of map
teleport c --> south side of map

while zomb spawn is at west side (them gangsters)

Tweezy
13 May 2010, 04:55am
with the teleport i meant the possiblity to chose between 3 different spot where they can tele to ...

teleport a --> north side of map
teleport b --> east side of map
teleport c --> south side of map

while zomb spawn is at west side (them gangsters)

Hmm, good idea I might give that a test :)

How do i go about enabling Noblock though? It'll be needed otherwise people will get stuck in one another

Exacto-Be
13 May 2010, 05:09am
i don't think noblock on players can be set via mapping

i'd sugest u make the spawn with a strong push so they can't stay at spawn (think about the surfmaps)

& if it would happen after all i think it would rather give us a good laugh :lol:

Tweezy
13 May 2010, 05:49am
i don't think noblock on players can be set via mapping

i'd sugest u make the spawn with a strong push so they can't stay at spawn (think about the surfmaps)

& if it would happen after all i think it would rather give us a good laugh :lol:

Fucking annoying for admins though, savin teleports n teleportin every minute lol

Metal
13 May 2010, 06:29am
idea...

CT spawn on top of waterfall
We jump down.
Or we spawn in a small river that pushes us off so we dont glitch on top

idk, but good map so far

Mad Dogg
13 May 2010, 06:41am
Sounds good for me :)

HankTheTank
13 May 2010, 07:47pm
Thing i can see right now:
Your water texture is the worst thing in the entire world. try filtering for sewers. It's a good one.

Tweezy
14 May 2010, 02:22am
Thing i can see right now:
Your water texture is the worst thing in the entire world. try filtering for sewers. It's a good one.

Don't worry, it's been changed xD

Failer
18 May 2010, 04:50am
im whit nasu its so fun to snip zombies