PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs

BlackEagle
3 May 2010, 02:18pm
I was surprised seeing no NBA playoffs thread in here. So...I thought that I would start one.

Going along with this I thought that I would add that LeBron won his second straight MVP this last week and that is pretty awesome. I personally think that LeBron will be the next greatest player in the NBA if not the greatest past Jordan when it is all said and done.

Anyways back to the playoffs a lot of great series so far.

Cleveland is leading Boston 1-0, LA Lakers are leading 1-0, San Antonio and Phoenix square it off tonight, and Atlanta and Orlando start tomorrow in what I think will be a great series.

Supa
3 May 2010, 02:24pm
GO LAKERS!

TheTruth
3 May 2010, 02:27pm
As long as Lakers don't win, I don't care. <3 17 time <3

I personally think that LeBron will be the next greatest player in the NBA if not the greatest past Jordan when it is all said and done.

You've gotta be fucking kidding me...

BlackEagle
4 May 2010, 12:59pm
As long as Lakers don't win, I don't care. <3 17 time <3

You've gotta be fucking kidding me...

I am not. He has won 2 MVPs and he is only 25. They said it on ESPN yesterday that he is the best player in the league right now no doubt.

I agree also that I don't want to see the Lakers win again.

TheTruth
4 May 2010, 01:10pm
I am not. He has won 2 MVPs and he is only 25. They said it on ESPN yesterday that he is the best player in the league right now no doubt.

Just because he's the best player now doesn't mean he's the best ever.

You have Larry Legend and Magic Johnson guarding Michael Jordon and you need to get by all of them to be the best ever. Not to mention Kareem, Russel, Cous, Barkley, and probably Kobe.

Hall of fame, yes. Best ever, a chance.

Supa
4 May 2010, 01:27pm

Kobe is still the best clutch player in the NBA right now. LeBron is the best all around player, but when the game is on the line I'd rather have Kobe.

What's nuts, is he's been playing with a broken finger all year.

BlackEagle
4 May 2010, 01:28pm

You have Larry Legend and Magic Johnson guarding Michael Jordon and you need to get by all of them to be the best ever. Not to mention Kareem, Russel, Cous, Barkley, and probably Kobe.

No doubt and I said when it is all said and done. I don't consider him the best right now by no means. I still think that MJ is the best ever and Kobe the next best but LeBron is right up there with those guys I mean if he added rings he would be considered with Michael. He has basically achieved so many things at such a young age. I mean he still has probably another like 12 years under his belt at least (if he doesn't suffer some kind of intense injuries) and still so much more to accomplish and records to break.

Everyone has their opinion on LBJ, Jordan, and Kobe and I think that they are all great players and I am not sure how you can really decide who is better. I think that it would be so much better if MJ was like 30 or so and playing with Kobe and LeBron right now.

turbodaze
4 May 2010, 01:30pm

i dont watch nba anymore, best years were around Jordan era in the 1990s. All it is now is lakers, celtics and cavs with lebron.

BlackEagle
5 May 2010, 12:46pm
i dont watch nba anymore, best years were around Jordan era in the 1990s. All it is now is lakers, celtics and cavs with lebron.

Not really I mean their is so much going on now. The Oklahoma City Thunder have made a huge run and have become a great team over the last year. Next year will be the year to watch because this summers off season is supposed to be huge with all the allstars being on the market. I personally don't think that many of the all-stars will leave their current teams but it still will be nice to watch.

Being from Cleveland I hope that LeBron stays and if he leaves I will be very upset but that is just the business. If he does leave I hope we pick up one of the other all-stars available.

turbodaze
5 May 2010, 09:21pm
Not really I mean their is so much going on now. The Oklahoma City Thunder have made a huge run and have become a great team over the last year. Next year will be the year to watch because this summers off season is supposed to be huge with all the allstars being on the market. I personally don't think that many of the all-stars will leave their current teams but it still will be nice to watch.

Being from Cleveland I hope that LeBron stays and if he leaves I will be very upset but that is just the business. If he does leave I hope we pick up one of the other all-stars available.

like i said its all about kobe, lebron, and celtics.

Suns and Spurs are always in it

Ok city might of had a run but you cant tell me they will be in finals and win it all. I watch highlights thats it, NCAA i prefer more

BlackEagle
6 May 2010, 06:26pm
I enjoy the NCAA just as much as the NBA.

The NBA does change like every other professional sport but it takes a few years. Their are only so many guys on a team so really the teams remain to have the same starters on their rosters. Baseball is a lot worse then the NBA though. If the Yankees or Red Sox don't make it then it's like the world is ending for baseball. If both teams don't make it then it would be the end of baseball as we know it.

TheTruth
6 May 2010, 06:28pm
I enjoy the NCAA just as much as the NBA.

The NBA does change like every other professional sport but it takes a few years. Their are only so many guys on a team so really the teams remain to have the same starters on their rosters. Baseball is a lot worse then the NBA though. If the Yankees or Red Sox don't make it then it's like the world is ending for baseball. If both teams don't make it then it would be the end of baseball as we know it.

The only thing I can't stand in the NBA is the refs. I can understand a few bad calls but can they make it any more obvious they want a Lakers vs. Cavs/Magic finals??

Drox
7 May 2010, 02:58am
Go Cavs :P lol

BlackEagle
8 May 2010, 02:53pm
The only thing I can't stand in the NBA is the refs. I can understand a few bad calls but can they make it any more obvious they want a Lakers vs. Cavs/Magic finals??

Refs are never perfect and I have seen games where the Cavs have got all the calls and where they couldn't get a call. I hate when people say that the NBA is rigged just because it clearly isn't. The great thing about replay is that you can see where fouls are committed and where they aren't. In some cases their is a lot of flopping going on and at times I think that being an NBA ref would be extremely hard. At times I think that the refs can be biased but at the same time I know that they aren't just because if that were true then the finals would be New York and LA every year so the NBA could make a ton of money. Everyone wanted a Cavs vs Lakers final last year but that didn't happen. I mean calls can influence a game but bad reffing calls cannot change the game from a win to a lose unless the bad calls are so obvious and one sided.

TheTruth
8 May 2010, 02:55pm
Refs are never perfect and I have seen games where the Cavs have got all the calls and where they couldn't get a call. I hate when people say that the NBA is rigged just because it clearly isn't. The great thing about replay is that you can see where fouls are committed and where they aren't. In some cases their is a lot of flopping going on and at times I think that being an NBA ref would be extremely hard. At times I think that the refs can be biased but at the same time I know that they aren't just because if that were true then the finals would be New York and LA every year so the NBA could make a ton of money. Everyone wanted a Cavs vs Lakers final last year but that didn't happen. I mean calls can influence a game but bad reffing calls cannot change the game from a win to a lose unless the bad calls are so obvious and one sided.

Even if you gave Knicks calls, they would never make it to the playoffs.

Dm0k2rqEeJQ

BlackEagle
9 May 2010, 04:41pm
Even if you gave Knicks calls, they would never make it to the playoffs.

Dm0k2rqEeJQ

No not this year but the NBA would rig it so that the Knicks and Lakers would make it to the finals every single year.

I don't really understand that video there. Are they trying to say that what LeBron did was a travel because you can do that. You may jump off one foot and as long as you land on two you are ok. It's not an "up and down" it is a jump stop, you can even do that in high school basketball as well.

TheTruth
9 May 2010, 04:44pm
No not this year but the NBA would rig it so that the Knicks and Lakers would make it to the finals every single year.

I don't really understand that video there. Are they trying to say that what LeBron did was a travel because you can do that. You may jump off one foot and as long as you land on two you are ok. It's not an "up and down" it is a jump stop, you can even do that in high school basketball as well.

Once his dribble stopped, he jumped and came back down. Once you stop dribbling and you jump, you need to shoot or pass while in the air. You can't come back down without a travel. Even Reggie Miller (who's in love with the refs most of the time) said it was a travel. So did Doc, so did the bench, and so did the players.

You may jump off one foot and as long as you land on two you are ok. .

Can you show me where it says that because in years of watching the NBA, I've never heard or seen anything about "jumping off one foot is fine". The rules say you can do that IF you're progressing which he was until he stopped dribbling and started walking.

Also who turned Rondo into Bird?

Cookie
9 May 2010, 10:27pm

lol that is a travel.

Orlando Magic to take it all.
I don't see the Lakers winning against the Magic or Cavs this year.

BlackEagle
10 May 2010, 05:49pm
Once his dribble stopped, he jumped and came back down. Once you stop dribbling and you jump, you need to shoot or pass while in the air. You can't come back down without a travel. Even Reggie Miller (who's in love with the refs most of the time) said it was a travel. So did Doc, so did the bench, and so did the players.

Can you show me where it says that because in years of watching the NBA, I've never heard or seen anything about "jumping off one foot is fine". The rules say you can do that IF you're progressing which he was until he stopped dribbling and started walking.

Also who turned Rondo into Bird?

-A player who lands with one foot first may only pivot using that foot. A progressing player who jumps off one foot on the first step may land with both feet simultaneously for the second step. In this situation, the player may not pivot with either foot and if one or both feet leave the floor the ball must be released before either returns to the floor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traveling_%28basketball%29#NBA

Same thing goes for the NCAA above. It says if the player leaves the floor they must land on both feet. This is legal. He was still progressing and didn't stop at least from what I could see. He picked up his dribble as he was progressing, he gathered (but didn't stop), jumped off one foot, and clearly landed on two which is in the rulebook for the 2009-2010 season. I mean the only time I saw anyone stopped during that play is when the creator of that video froze the picture. If you watch it in regular speed i clearly do not see him travel anywhere.

Of course the opposing team is going to want the call blown the other way for them. What opposing team in any sport doesn't want calls to go their way? Reggie Miller may say that it was a travel but that doesn't make it one.

Rondo turned into Bird when he is the entire team and has the worst guards in the NBA guarding him....

TheTruth
10 May 2010, 06:08pm
Rondo turned into Bird when he is the entire team and has the worst guards in the NBA guarding him....

This is fucking hilarious. Allen has 18 points and don't even try to blame the guards when it's just Brown not knowing who to put on Rondo. I love Cavs/Magic/Lakers fans that try to say the Celtics (They call it Big 3 for a reason) have one player who's the whole team. Yea, you're right Lebron/Dwight/Kobe.

Might as well put a 33 on his back.

vNpQCbHHdUc

duhoh
10 May 2010, 07:20pm
lebroom has a chance to be in the top 10 GOATs, but not 2nd greatest.

lebron jumped off of one leg, and that is a pro hop. a huge pro hop, but still a pro hop, nevertheless. it doesn't matter though, he has to get passed boston and an extremely well-rested D12 w/ his nasty ORL squad. if he gets by that, then ya gotta go up against the best closer in the league.

TheTruth
10 May 2010, 07:21pm
lebroom has a chance to be in the top 10 GOATs, but not 2nd greatest.

lebron jumped off of one leg, and that is a pro hop. a huge pro hop, but still a pro hop, nevertheless. it doesn't matter though, he has to get passed boston and an extremely well-rested D12 w/ his nasty ORL squad. if he gets by that, then ya gotta go up against the best closer in the league.

Pro hop or crab hop?

duhoh
10 May 2010, 07:25pm
Pro hop or crab hop?

hahaha nice one.

if it was a double dribble, i'd dub it the king crab dribble :lol:

TheTruth
10 May 2010, 07:29pm
hahaha nice one.

if it was a double dribble, i'd dub it the king crab dribble :lol:

That's already what it's called :happy:

duhoh
11 May 2010, 10:13am
Wierdest post-season ever.

So many sweeps.

Supa
11 May 2010, 10:50am
Lakers have this in the bag. You can bank on it.

BlackEagle
11 May 2010, 02:36pm
This is fucking hilarious. Allen has 18 points and don't even try to blame the guards when it's just Brown not knowing who to put on Rondo. I love Cavs/Magic/Lakers fans that try to say the Celtics (They call it Big 3 for a reason) have one player who's the whole team. Yea, you're right Lebron/Dwight/Kobe.

Might as well put a 33 on his back.

vNpQCbHHdUc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF7nSC8vgWI

Rondo's pass was great. He has learned his lesson since he has been blocked by LeBron several times before by chasedowns. He learned his lesson finally.

He doesn't know which guard to put on him because we have the worst guards in the NBA. The Big 3 is done in my opinion. Where has Paul Pierce been? KG is still good but not as good as he used to be as his numbers have dropped each year with the Celtics, and Allen is streaky. When Allen shoots well he plays well but his game is based off of his three point shooting. His numbers have also dropped since last series against the Heat. Don't get me wrong I am not saying that the Celtics suck or the "Big 3" is garbage but they aren't as good as they were two years ago.

The Cavs guards are horrible. They have just one guard which is Mo Williams, in the top 62 players of the post season if FG%. He is ranked at 49th, below guys not even playing right now. I am pretty sure that all the Celtic starters are in the top 62 plus some not sure I would have to look into it.

How is it hilarious that it is so true that the Cavs guards are horrible. Look at Rondo's regular season numbers, first round numbers, and quarter final numbers. All of his numbers have risen each of those. He averaged 13 PPG during the season and now has 21 PPG against the Cavs. So you are telling me that in the stretch between last series (a few weeks ago) and now he has improved by 7 PPG from the previous series with the Heat? He became Bird over a couple weeks? Don't blame that on Brown, he can't go out their and guard him. LeBron claims he is going to guard him tonight. If LeBron doesn't stop him then I will consider him a great player and that we just don't have anyone to guard him.

Duhoh - Why do you think that he won't be the second greatest if not the greatest? LeBron isn't even in his prime in my opinion. He already has two MVPs and has been the youngest to reach 20,000 points and has so many other awards. I don't think that Championships is something that you should take into consideration when thinking of the best players ever since that is a team achievement.

TheTruth
11 May 2010, 03:03pm
Well here's Pierce here: 5X5LDSAs6EA

Mmmm poster.

Also the "hilarious" part is that it's not all the guards fault. Also I can't tell if your taking my "Mike Browns fault" literally because everyone knows he can't move his fat ass for his life.

I don't think that Championships is something that you should take into consideration when thinking of the best players ever since that is a team achievement.

Well whether you like it or not, they still look a that. Tiny Archibald had a championship and it took him a whiiiile to get in there.

BlackEagle
11 May 2010, 03:18pm
Well here's Pierce here: 5X5LDSAs6EA

Mmmm poster.

Also the "hilarious" part is that it's not all the guards fault. Also I can't tell if your taking my "Mike Browns fault" literally because everyone knows he can't move his fat ass for his life.

Well whether you like it or not, they still look a that. Tiny Archibald had a championship and it took him a whiiiile to get in there.

Ok which guard can guard him then? You come back and let me know which Cleveland guard is performing around his season average in all categories then we will talk.

Video didn't work either. Do I need to pull out the Garnett video? Really? LeBron posterizes people all day, Pierce did it twice? Plus again I am saying that Pierce has been non-existant in this series.

TheTruth
11 May 2010, 03:20pm
Ok which guard can guard him then? You come back and let me know which Cleveland guard is performing around his season average in all categories then we will talk.

Video didn't work either. Do I need to pull out the Garnett video? Really? LeBron posterizes people all day, Pierce did it twice? Plus again I am saying that Pierce has been non-existant in this series.

You asked where he was. He was there. Get defensive some more. You got a little less defensive then when I ask Cavs fans about the franchise or mention bandwagoning.

and pulling out the Garnett video will only make me pull out Jordan Crawford.

TheTruth
11 May 2010, 08:57pm
Just in case you were wondering Eagle,

The Truth - 21 points, 2 steals, 11 rebounds, 7 assists.

There's Pierce. Good night.

Supa
11 May 2010, 09:26pm
Cavs just got embarrassed.

I was looking forward to a Celtics/Magic series too. 1 game closer to getting one.

BlackEagle
12 May 2010, 02:16pm
Just in case you were wondering Eagle,

The Truth - 21 points, 2 steals, 11 rebounds, 7 assists.

There's Pierce. Good night.

Oh good he showed up one night. Congrats. Looking at his other two performances I am glad he finally decided to show up.

TheTruth
12 May 2010, 02:17pm
Oh good he showed up one night. Congrats. Looking at his other two performances I am glad he finally decided to show up.

If you're glad just chalk down another L and hopefully the wagon won't break down.

TheTruth
13 May 2010, 08:55pm
Nah Nah Nah Nah... Nah Nah Nah Nah... Hey Hey Hey NO RINGS!

4-1 Cleveland? Nope. 4-2 Cleveland? Nope. 4-3 Cleveland? Nope. 4-2 Boston? HELL YEA.

UKrWR9DIpM0

Supa
13 May 2010, 09:38pm
Good riddance Lebron.

Cookie
13 May 2010, 09:44pm
Now the C's have come to my mighty Magic land :)

TheTruth
16 May 2010, 05:15pm
My name's Tony Allen. I fuck shit up.

FeC4QwOEH50

Cookie
16 May 2010, 05:43pm
Sigh, DHoward sucks offensively against good post defenders.
What has Patrick Ewing been teaching him ?
Looks like VC and Jameer all series for us.

TheTruth
16 May 2010, 06:16pm
Sigh, DHoward sucks offensively against good post defenders.
What has Patrick Ewing been teaching him ?

This:

2tMA4GxC09o

Supa
18 May 2010, 08:48am
7 more and it's a repeat!

SgtJoo
18 May 2010, 10:46am
I lold at the Cavs I mean Lebron & Co. getting knocked out.

Supa
18 May 2010, 01:37pm
6cItICUhGNc

TheTruth
18 May 2010, 09:39pm
Holy dick, that was close. Refs were baaaaad. (Take that people who say I only complain when Celts are down.) That ref Derosa (or w/e the fuck his name was) better get suspended for that dumb shit he pulled with the fan at half time.

Dwight with 30. Pierce had a good game. Rondo's circus was in town and now packing up for Beantown.

Cookie
18 May 2010, 09:48pm
Reddick just HAD to push the ball up the court :(

rage

duhoh
19 May 2010, 10:55pm
Reddick just HAD to push the ball up the court :(

rage

that's not what lost the game foo!

Supa
20 May 2010, 12:50pm
I knew we'd make it look easy against the Suns, but this is kinda ridiculous.

Bring on Boston!

TheTruth
23 May 2010, 09:44am
Like I wasn't gonna post these :P

32MjBkENi3M

7guHF-RODAk

TheTruth
24 May 2010, 09:53pm
Wow, way to choke at home guys!

Supa
25 May 2010, 08:26am
BFe-A2E5Zng

slaminsalmon
25 May 2010, 05:06pm
This is kind of why I find the NBA boring the final is going to feature the same teams for three years srtaight...

TheTruth
25 May 2010, 05:26pm
This is kind of why I find the NBA boring the final is going to feature the same teams for three years srtaight...

2008: Lakers vs. Celtics

2009: Lakers vs. Magic

Those are already 2 different teams with the series this year probably being Celtics vs. Lakers/Suns.

slaminsalmon
25 May 2010, 05:56pm
My bad I thought Boston was controlling the series :weird: guess the Nba is okay o.O

TheTruth
25 May 2010, 06:03pm
My bad I thought Boston was controlling the series :weird: guess the Nba is okay o.O

3-1. Doesn't mean Magic can't come back.

P.S. THEY AINT

Cookie
25 May 2010, 07:37pm
3-1. Doesn't mean Magic can't come back.

P.S. THEY AINT

LIES.
MAGIC IN 7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheTruth
25 May 2010, 07:41pm
LIES.
MAGIC IN 7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dood, dats liek... the chances the Nets will evur be good. Or Mike Brown will ever have a neck.

Cookie
25 May 2010, 07:43pm
Dood, dats liek... the chances the Nets will evur be good.

which is next year when they get Lebron, Bosh, Wade, and Phil Jackson .

jk

TheTruth
25 May 2010, 07:48pm
which is next year when they get Lebron, Bosh, Wade, and Phil Jackson .

jk

That's like the chance that Lebron will get a ring this year. *Teehee* This never gets old.

Cookie
25 May 2010, 09:52pm
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t52/KrN_EggRoll/bigbaby.gif

lol

TheTruth
26 May 2010, 01:10pm
x1BktbsJMMc

-L7jGtRQbT8

TheTruth
26 May 2010, 08:02pm
I swear, NBA refs are the worst officiators of any sport. Not only do they fuck up the personal foul on Perkins, Rush has the nerve to call a tech on Perk WHEN HES NOT EVEN LOOKING AT RUSH!!! You're supposed to walk away if you're pissed off about a call and thats what he did and he STILL got the tech.

So now because of idiot refs:

Perkins (best low post defender for Boston) is ejected because of 2 techs.

An extra 2 points for Orlando.

David Stern is laughing because he knows he won't do shit about it.

/rant and enjoy the game.

Supa
26 May 2010, 08:24pm
I swear, NBA refs are the worst officiators of any sport. Not only do they fuck up the personal foul on Perkins, Rush has the nerve to call a tech on Perk WHEN HES NOT EVEN LOOKING AT RUSH!!! You're supposed to walk away if you're pissed off about a call and thats what he did and he STILL got the tech.

Not only was he ejected this game, but it was his 6th and 7th Tech of the playoffs. If the NBA doesn't reverse any of the tech's from this game, then he will serve a 1 game suspension, meaning no Perkins for Game 6 in Bean town.

TheTruth
26 May 2010, 08:45pm
Not only was he ejected this game, but it was his 6th and 7th Tech of the playoffs. If the NBA doesn't reverse any of the tech's from this game, then he will serve a 1 game suspension, meaning no Perkins for Game 6 in Bean town.

Dude this is crazy. Now Rondo get T'd up and Baby looks like he had a stroke or something. Shit this is getting out of hand. OH and look at the replay! After Howard NAILS Pierce (should have been obvious flagrant) JUMPS on Big Baby after Nate Robinson blocks the shit out of him. Dirty, dirty, dirty.

If the NBA doesn't take it back, Donaghy much?

Cookie
26 May 2010, 10:16pm
Missed the first 3 quarters, but saw Glen Davis stumble crazy.
Was this a football game?

TheTruth
27 May 2010, 01:06pm
Missed the first 3 quarters, but saw Glen Davis stumble crazy.
Was this a football game?

The way the referees let the game play, yes. It was a fucking football game.

Warrior
27 May 2010, 01:09pm
finals suns vs magic

SgtJoo
27 May 2010, 01:49pm

"If a player of Kobe's stature collides with the likes of Raja Bell, the call will almost always go for Kobe and against Bell. As part of our ongoing training and game preparation, NBA referees regularly receive game-action video tape from the league office. Over the years, I have reviewed many recorded hours of video involving Raja Bell. The footage I analyzed usually illustrated fouls being called against Bell, rarely for him. The message was subtle but clear — call fouls against the star stopper because he's hurting the game."

"If Kobe Bryant had two fouls in the first or second quarter and went to the bench, one referee would tell the other two, "Kobe's got two fouls. Let's make sure that if we call a foul on him, it's an obvious foul, because otherwise he's gonna go back to the bench. If he is involved in a play where a foul is called, give the foul to another player."

There's a lot more.

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read

TheTruth
27 May 2010, 02:41pm
"If a player of Kobe's stature collides with the likes of Raja Bell, the call will almost always go for Kobe and against Bell. As part of our ongoing training and game preparation, NBA referees regularly receive game-action video tape from the league office. Over the years, I have reviewed many recorded hours of video involving Raja Bell. The footage I analyzed usually illustrated fouls being called against Bell, rarely for him. The message was subtle but clear — call fouls against the star stopper because he's hurting the game."

"If Kobe Bryant had two fouls in the first or second quarter and went to the bench, one referee would tell the other two, "Kobe's got two fouls. Let's make sure that if we call a foul on him, it's an obvious foul, because otherwise he's gonna go back to the bench. If he is involved in a play where a foul is called, give the foul to another player."

There's a lot more.

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read

Here's a nice little fact I found out yesterday: Tim Donaghy and Joe Crawford went to the same high school. Coincidence? I think not!!!

Love how Dwight can foul everyone and not get called for it. It's just great! Pushing Pierces arm while he's falling? No foul. Elbowing Big Baby after Nate Robinson blocks him? Nope.

Completely terrible. You eject a starting center for a team that needs him, and then take the foul back AFTER THE GAME IS OVER. This made me lol: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=pollindex&pollId=91680

Edit: Also for those of you who did not see the foul + tech here is this horror of officiating:
(sorry it's not in English)
DnFryAiGLRM

Supa
28 May 2010, 02:29pm
1 more win! Can we get it in Phoenix where the refs don't know how to blow the whistle?

TheTruth
28 May 2010, 02:30pm
1 more win! Can we get it in Phoenix where the refs don't know how to blow the whistle?

You can borrow our refs.

LinksLife
28 May 2010, 08:36pm
Thankfully it looks like the Celtics got their shit together... and the refs aren't completely fucking them over. The Celtics HAVE to win the finals. Simple as that. Boston needs them to win. The Bruins fucked up, the Red Soxs are sucking balls... The Celtics are the only team the city can look towards! Keep it up Celtics!

TheTruth
28 May 2010, 08:45pm
finals suns vs magic

Hey Broski, you're predictions are looking like shiiiiiiit.

BTW: My name is Nate Robinson. I'm 5'9. I fuck shit up. 13 points, 1 steal, 1 ast.

LinksLife
28 May 2010, 08:48pm
Hey Broski, you're predictions are looking like shiiiiiiit.

BTW: My name is Nate Robinson. I'm 5'9. I fuck shit up. 13 points, 1 steal, 1 ast.

This man speaks truth. The Celtics are on their game tonight. They just need to make sure that they keep on the pressure and THE REFS NEED TO JUST STAY AWAY FROM THE TECHS! FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST...

TheTruth
28 May 2010, 09:43pm
Yummm... Finals taste goood.

Cookie
28 May 2010, 10:05pm
Sad day

LinksLife
28 May 2010, 10:16pm
Alright, now we just have to trash the Lakers and we're golden. Kobe alone won't save them.

Supa
30 May 2010, 12:20am
Preview of things to come...

ncb4TX2zs5s

TheTruth
30 May 2010, 04:58am
Preview of things to come...

http://i48.tinypic.com/2unzeps.jpg

SgtJoo
31 May 2010, 03:15pm
To be honest I don't like either team... I guess I'm rooting for the Celtics seeing as Kobe is a douche.

iAMGeno
31 May 2010, 03:18pm
Lets look at the matchups

Lakers Celtics
PG-Derek Fisher Rajon Rondo -Celtics have the better PG by far.

SG-Kobe Bryant Ray Allen- Lakers have a better SG easily.

SF-Ron Artest Paul Pierce- Artest will shutdown Pierce.

PF-Pau Gasol Kevin Garnett-The Lakers win PF due to Kevin Garnett
being old and his past injuries.

C-Andrew Bynum Kendrick Perkins- Celtics win Center bynums injured.

In my opinion the teams are basically at the same skill level it's going to come down to who wants it more. Both regular season games were won or lost by 1 point. Hopefully it'll be a good series all of them were bad so far this postseason.

TheTruth
31 May 2010, 03:22pm
Lets look at the matchups

Lakers Celtics
PG-Derek Fisher Rajon Rondo -Celtics have the better PG by far.

SG-Kobe Bryant Ray Allen- Lakers have a better SG easily.

SF-Ron Artest Paul Pierce- Artest will shutdown Pierce.

PF-Pau Gasol Kevin Garnett-The Lakers win PF due to Kevin Garnett
being old and his past injuries.

C-Andrew Bynum Kendrick Perkins- Celtics win Center bynums injured.

In my opinion the teams are basically at the same skill level it's going to come down to who wants it more. Both regular season games were won or lost by 1 point. Hopefully it'll be a good series all of them were bad so far this postseason.

Forget the bench?

Cookie
31 May 2010, 11:00pm
I see the Celtics winning in 6.
Not too fond of the C's but hate Laker fans.

Warrior
31 May 2010, 11:53pm
lakers will not win

Supa
1 Jun 2010, 12:25am
PG: Rondo easily better then Fisher? I disagree with that completely. Fisher means so much to the Lakers, it's not even funny. And other then Kobe, he is the best clutch shooter on the team. I would give a slight edge to Rondo.

SG: Kobe is the best closer in the NBA. Ray Allen is one of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA. Advantage Kobe, for obvious reasons.

SF: If Artest can slow down Pierce, I'd be a very happy Laker fan. Pierce is still going to do miraculous things. He is the leader of this Celtics team. Advantage to Boston.

PF: Pau Gasol is the younger player right? But Garnett is the experienced veteran that can play mind games with his opponent. I actually think he gives Pau fits all series. Advantage Celtics.

C: Injured or not injured, Bynum is far better then Perkins. Perkins does his job well given the skill he has, but Bynum can change the game. Although, I think Perkins means more to his team. Advantage Lakers.

6th Man: Rasheed is Rasheed. He will come and do wonders or he will do stupid shit. Lamar is the same way. But the way they each play in this series will be key to who wins and why. Advantage is a draw.

Rest of the bench: The Lakers will have Jordan Farmar, Shannon Brown, and Sasha Vujacic. The Celtics will have Big Baby Davis, Tony Allen, and Nate Robinson. I give advantage to the Celtics, by a slim margin. Nate Robinson alone can change a game. I like the energy players like Farmar and Brown bring to the court. And I love the heart of Davis when he enters games.

Coaching: No better coach in the NBA then Phil Jackson. Lakers advantage.

Intangibles: Home Court Advantage is key in this series. Both teams play remarkably well at home. I also think the 2-3-2 format favors the Lakers in this series. Lakers haven't lost at home in the playoffs yet and I think we 3 tries in Boston, they will steal one away. Then close the series out in one of the remaining two games in LA.

My prediction: Lakers in 6.

TheTruth
1 Jun 2010, 01:28pm
Now I was having a wonderful night last night, reading up on past Lakers vs. Celtics final games and chatting it up with some buds who are Lakers fans and all was fine and dandy until I read about this P.O.S LA Times writer:

In the story titled "Your guide to hating the Celtics," columnist Ted Green runs through a numbered list of reasons to despise the team in green. The rundown included a blurb on Pierce, who "flops more than a large-mouthed bass" and "acts like he's been hit by a train" whenever he shoots. Sure, that's fine ... until this:
"By the way, Pierce's idea of a fun night is going clubbing and getting stabbed. Good times!"
The writer is referencing an incident from 2000, when Pierce was stabbed 11 times in the face, neck and back. Pierce also suffered injuries from being hit over the head with a bottle, and he was rushed to the hospital to have surgery on his lungs. The two men responsible for the attack were later convicted of assault and battery charges and sent to prison -- one for a year, the other for seven to 10 years.

Now it was all fun and fine to read it (I also noticed this idiot put Garnett's number as #21. What was he looking at?!?! Old stat sheets for the Timberwolves?!?!) until I read that. Now as fun as it is to make fun of a rival team, it's a bit too far to make fun of someone for almost being killed. What's next? Malik Sealy jokes?? I mean look how much shit the guys been through:

9UgVcpd7O-g

I'm 100% sure if that was Kobe, Mr. Green would not be making Kobe jokes about it. I mean if you're gonna rip on a player, have some fucking class.

Noobster
1 Jun 2010, 03:00pm
Uhm you guys are crazy, Lakers will win in 6 games. They have a deep bench and they have KOBE BRYANT. enough said..

TheTruth
1 Jun 2010, 03:19pm
They have a deep bench

Teehee.

iAMGeno
1 Jun 2010, 04:59pm
The Lakers bench is pretty bad besides Lamar Odom but, the Celtics have a few injured players on their bench so, I think that evens it out. That's why I didn't mention it in my above post I think the benches are fairly even unless Nate Robinson goes on a rampage.

Rasheed-Back injury
Marquis Daniels-Concussion
Glen Davis-Concussion
Tony Allen (Ankle)

TheTruth
1 Jun 2010, 05:03pm
The Lakers bench is pretty bad besides Lamar Odom but, the Celtics have a few injured players on their bench so, I think that evens it out. That's why I didn't mention it in my above post I think the benches are fairly even unless Nate Robinson goes on a rampage.

Rasheed-Back injury
Marquis Daniels-Concussion
Glen Davis-Concussion
Tony Allen (Ankle)

Allen has an ankle injury? :confused1:

Both him and Baby played in Game 6 and Sheed will *probably* be back and after the performance Nate put on, I don't think Marquis is going to be a big loss.

Determined2Win
1 Jun 2010, 05:19pm
I see this going 7 games with the Lakers winning by a slim margin.

TheTruth
1 Jun 2010, 05:29pm
I see this going 7 games with the Lakers winning by a slim margin.

Nah, I see Knicks in 3.

iAMGeno
1 Jun 2010, 11:13pm
I can see Lakers in 6 or 7 unless the Big 3 all have a flashback. They're to old in my opinion obviously if they were 2-3 years younger they would win easily. Artest will shutdown Pierce. Kobe will dominate Ray. Gasol will be able to keep up with Garnett this time. The only thing the Celtics have going for them is Rondo.

TheTruth
2 Jun 2010, 01:01pm
The only thing the Celtics have going for them is Rondo.

+ the whole fucking bench...

duhoh
3 Jun 2010, 01:36am
I can see Lakers in 6 or 7 unless the Big 3 all have a flashback. They're to old in my opinion obviously if they were 2-3 years younger they would win easily. Artest will shutdown Pierce. Kobe will dominate Ray. Gasol will be able to keep up with Garnett this time. The only thing the Celtics have going for them is Rondo.

i'm expecting LA, but Fisher guards Allen, while Kobe would be on Rondo. Ron is a tougher match up for RuPaul, but PP doesn't have too many issues scoring on Ron.

If KG is feeling good, Gasoft is finna get owned.

If LA keeps flopping on Perkins, that's 1 tech away from a suspension. It can totally happen, and Sheed will have to lay off the weed/beer.

LA in 7. They just gotta protect home.

I'll be rooting for BOS though. Ray ray and Nate are Seattle folks like me :biggrin:

TheTruth
3 Jun 2010, 09:23pm
Game 1 Nickname: "Start series away and don't get rebounds" or "Lose every 50-50 that's there".
Either one applys.

Not really scared of 1-0. Cleveland did it and Celts have come back from a 24 point deficit and won. Not scared. Just A bit worried.

Also the refs need to get into a mindset that if Kobe's shot doesn't hit the rim, it's not always a foul.

edit: OOH OOH! I thought of a new nickname. "Miss open shots and let them win!"

duhoh
3 Jun 2010, 09:44pm
Game 1 Nickname: "Start series away and don't get rebounds" or "Lose every 50-50 that's there".
Either one applys.

Not really scared of 1-0. Cleveland did it and Celts have come back from a 24 point deficit and won. Not scared. Just A bit worried.

Also the refs need to get into a mindset that if Kobe's shot doesn't hit the rim, it's not always a foul.

Sure, but KFC's (PJax) teams never have lost a series when Game 1 is won. We'll see. My team was swept in the 2nd round (SAS) so I'm just enjoying basketball now. :biggrin:

iAMGeno
3 Jun 2010, 09:56pm
Nice way to start the series :)

Supa
3 Jun 2010, 10:10pm
It's not always a foul when Kobe's shot doesn't hit the rim. But it is 90% of the time. I thought the refs let the Celtics play Kobe rough today and he still put up 30.

I thought Game 1 was important, because it sets a tone for the rest of the series. The fact that the Lakers blew the Celtics out of the water is good news for me, because I was really nervous about Game 1. After tonight, I just don't see Boston being able to take a game in LA. The Lakers are just too good in the Staples Center. Plus I loved the stat at the end of the game... 73% of the teams that win Game 1, win the series. I like my odds.

The only things that disappointed me was the play of Lamar Odom and the stupid turnovers we committed. I think both will be better in Game 2.

I was impressed with the play of Farmar and Brown off the bench too. They rose to the occasion and I hope to continue to see the same success.

3 More to go!

TheTruth
4 Jun 2010, 01:05pm
3/4 big NBA names eliminated. One to go.

Supa
4 Jun 2010, 01:55pm
3/4 big NBA names eliminated. One to go.

Boston?

TheTruth
4 Jun 2010, 02:04pm
Boston?

I didn't know Boston was the name of a player, broski.

Supa
4 Jun 2010, 02:10pm

I didn't know "names" was universal for a players name. I was assuming team names.

TheTruth
4 Jun 2010, 02:11pm
I didn't know "names" was universal for a players name. I was assuming team names.

So Heat is a big NBA name?

Supa
4 Jun 2010, 02:11pm

But, also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Boston

Supa
4 Jun 2010, 02:12pm
So Heat is a big NBA name?

Last I checked, they have been recently.

TheTruth
4 Jun 2010, 02:13pm
But, also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Boston

Oh yea..... that guy....:rolleyes:

TheTruth
4 Jun 2010, 02:14pm
Last I checked, they have been recently.

Was the last time in 2006?

duhoh
4 Jun 2010, 05:28pm
Phil Jackson's teams have yet to lose a series from a Game 1 victory. 16th purple banner it is.

iAMGeno
4 Jun 2010, 06:53pm
The three players he's talking about is Wade,Lebron,and Dwight Howard and the 4th is Kobe... anyways this made me lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeO4wFzLbJw&feature=related

TheTruth
4 Jun 2010, 06:55pm
The three players he's talking about is Wade,Lebron,and Dwight Howard and the 4th is Kobe... anyways this made me lol
BeO4wFzLbJw

Video fixd.

Trogdor
4 Jun 2010, 06:56pm
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BeO4wFzLbJw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BeO4wFzLbJw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

OHGEEZ.

Last night's game was uglay. I was impressed with Gasol, besides his terrible flop. I don't watch much Basektball, and I don't like the Lakers, but he made some pretty key plays. I feel like that's the most important thing for the Lakers. If Kobe isn't pressured to carry the team the Lakers will be tough to beat. I'm hoping the Celtics can pull this off, but I'm in the same boat as duhoh. My team got embarrassed.

TheTruth
4 Jun 2010, 06:57pm
OHGEEZ.

Last night's game was uglay. I was impressed with Gasol last night, besides his terrible flop. I'm hoping the Celtics can pull this off, but I'm in the same boat as duhoh. My team got embarrassed.

HEY MAYNE U GOT JORDAN BRO.

Trogdor
4 Jun 2010, 07:05pm
HEY MAYNE U GOT JORDAN BRO.

Finals fo sho next year.

TheTruth
4 Jun 2010, 07:07pm
Finals fo sho next year.

http://www.stylesofbeyondmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/michael_jordan_bobcats_press.jpg

Word aaaap.

duhoh
5 Jun 2010, 03:19pm
MJ on the cover of 2K11. stoked.

TheTruth
5 Jun 2010, 05:10pm
MJ on the cover of 2K11. stoked.

Dudeski, I was stoked duh firstest.

iAMGeno
6 Jun 2010, 04:13am
You guys know how you can re live great nba moments in 2k11?

I'm gonna do Reggie Miller's 8 points in 9 seconds like all day

TheTruth
6 Jun 2010, 01:30pm
You guys know how you can re live great nba moments in 2k11?

I'm gonna do Reggie Miller's 8 points in 9 seconds like all day

The proofs. I want to see it.

(I need assurance that Chamberlain mode will be activated)

duhoh
6 Jun 2010, 05:09pm
knee-mac with 13 points in 39 seconds against my spurs would be epic

Trogdor
6 Jun 2010, 07:34pm
Ray Allen, 7-7 3's

DAYYYYYUUUUMM, Scottie is beat

EDIT: Alright, I'm done watching basketball. I cannot fucking stand how these games are being called now. MEN are playing; don't treat em like pussies. Pierce and Davis had amazing blocks, but apparently not to the refs. I'm not saying it's only the Celtics, but those were the examples I'm thinking of. Tired of all the acting.

iAMGeno
6 Jun 2010, 08:58pm
The Refs were terrible today it's really hard to play defense when you can't touch the other team... and did you see them miss a call even when they used replay.

Drox
6 Jun 2010, 10:58pm
Yea I have to agree, refs were calling fouls all over the place

Trogdor
7 Jun 2010, 09:03am
Alright, I'm done watching basketball.

..and did I watch the end of the game? YOU BETCHA.

TheTruth
7 Jun 2010, 12:59pm
Yea so there's this really old guy named like... Ray Allen or something. He's really good.

Btw: Don't you even DARE think about blocking someone on a breakaway! Auto-foul.

Warrior
8 Jun 2010, 06:14am
Celtics 4 the win

TheTruth
8 Jun 2010, 09:49pm
As much as I'd say "Best game of the playoffs this year", the refs were calling it like a little league game. 1 hand check = foul. Your foot moves on a screen = foul. Boring as fuck until the 4th. And then it ended boring.

iAMGeno
8 Jun 2010, 09:54pm
Honestly do we even need refs anymore just have some dude sit next to a monitor and call the game.

Supa
8 Jun 2010, 09:54pm
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Paul-Pierce-tells-Laker-fans-the-Celtics-ain-t-;_ylt=Aqyx9xAO07CjL4ryNIF0wB45nYcB?urn=nba,246312

Fail.

Supa
9 Jun 2010, 12:12am
So, there is this really old guy named Derek Fisher.... yeah, he's clutch.

4FfQLhJ-o4A

I LOVE THIS GUY!!!

Why so Pro?
9 Jun 2010, 06:47am
CELTICS ALL THE WAY

Trogdor
9 Jun 2010, 12:40pm
Where Ray Allen at?

TheTruth
9 Jun 2010, 01:01pm
So, there is this really old guy named Derek Fisher.... yeah, he's clutch.

4FfQLhJ-o4A

I LOVE THIS GUY!!!

Lol... like we called him old....

Supa
9 Jun 2010, 01:48pm
Yea so there's this really old guy named like... Ray Allen or something. He's really good.

Btw: Don't you even DARE think about blocking someone on a breakaway! Auto-foul.

Lol... like we called him old....

It was a play of words off your Ray Allen post after Game 2. :D

TheTruth
9 Jun 2010, 01:56pm
It was a play of words off your Ray Allen post after Game 2. :D

I only did that because of the tendency for Lakers fans to call the Big 3 old and incapable of playing well, which after Ray's game 2, Garnett's game 3, and Pierce's game 1, did not hold up that well. By the way Geno your "Lakers have the best SG easily" and "Artest will shut down Pierce" did not look very good in Game 1 or 2.

Supa
9 Jun 2010, 06:48pm
I only did that because of the tendency for Lakers fans to call the Big 3 old and incapable of playing well, which after Ray's game 2, Garnett's game 3, and Pierce's game 1, did not hold up that well. By the way Geno your "Lakers have the best SG easily" and "Artest will shut down Pierce" did not look very good in Game 1 or 2.

Pierce scored 9 points in the last 5 minutes of the game, which was well out of reach by that point, for the Celtics in Game 1.

Even besides that:

09-10 Season:

18.3 PPG
.472 FG%
.414 3pt%
4.4 RPG
3.1 APG
1.2 SPG
0.4 BPG

2010 NBA Finals (Through 3 Games)

16.3 PPG
.361 FG%
.375 3pt%
5.0 RPG
3.3 APG
0.3 SPG
1.0 BPG

You were saying?

TheTruth
9 Jun 2010, 07:02pm
Pierce scored 9 points in the last 5 minutes of the game, which was well out of reach by that point, for the Celtics in Game 1.

Even besides that:

09-10 Season:

18.3 PPG
.472 FG%
.414 3pt%
4.4 RPG
3.1 APG
1.2 SPG
0.4 BPG

2010 NBA Finals (Through 3 Games)

16.3 PPG
.361 FG%
.375 3pt%
5.0 RPG
3.3 APG
0.3 SPG
1.0 BPG

You were saying?

You sure you were even watching the game? Pierce missed open shots and Artest got in early foul trouble if I remember correctly, so Artest could not have been the reason Pierce was cold. Pierce had 24 points in game 1. Shut down? Not in most peoples mind. Maybe in the minds of L(F)akers fans but not for the majority of NBA fans.

iAMGeno
10 Jun 2010, 07:07pm
Looking forward to a good game tonight... hopefully Kobe won't shoot as much and give the ball to Gasol. He's been making shots I don't know why the Lakers don't keep going to him.

TheTruth
10 Jun 2010, 07:37pm
Pierce just punched Eddie Rush in the face by accident. My life is complete. The F in Eddie F. Rush is his grade as a ref.

matt 187
10 Jun 2010, 07:56pm
Pierce just punched Eddie Rush in the face by accident. My life is complete. The F in Eddie F. Rush is his grade as a ref.

i laughed
VqQ_tbjHg78

TheTruth
10 Jun 2010, 08:40pm
LOL! LOVED the last call! Shot clock at 20 and Garnett is called for a 3 second violation????!!! Riiiiight.

DONAGHY! DONAGHY!

Supa
10 Jun 2010, 08:48pm
LOL! LOVED the last call! Shot clock at 20 and Garnett is called for a 3 second violation????!!! Riiiiight.

DONAGHY! DONAGHY!

As much as the Garnett travel no call?

TheTruth
10 Jun 2010, 08:59pm
As much as the Garnett travel no call?

Funny how obvious the 3 second was and how the refs obviously didn't see a travel (because you fucking know they would have called it).

Supa
10 Jun 2010, 09:00pm
Despite the refs though... each game has been tooth and nail. Gonna be a tight 4th qtr.

TheTruth
10 Jun 2010, 09:01pm
It better be tight and not another Lakers take lead and then Celtics chip away and then the rest is shit.

Supa
10 Jun 2010, 09:35pm
LOL @ the charge by Pierce. How do they not call that?

DONAGHY! DONAGHY!

TheTruth
10 Jun 2010, 09:45pm
LOL @ the charge by Pierce. How do they not call that?

DONAGHY! DONAGHY!

Oh look at that. Someone else realizes.

Also, duh baby.

iAMGeno
10 Jun 2010, 09:49pm
Hehe who saw Big Baby drool :)

Anyways the Lakers can't hold leads at all.

Big Baby drooling reminded me of this

http://i47.tinypic.com/50mx6h.gif

Trogdor
11 Jun 2010, 06:34am
GG C'S.

Kinda feel sorry for Perkins. He's not allowed to be around anybody or he gets called for some random bullshit.

TheTruth
13 Jun 2010, 02:01pm
Where'd BlackEagle go? Looks like he pulled a Lebron.

TheTruth
13 Jun 2010, 08:26pm
Definitely one the funniest looking flops of all time. Rondo = 171 lbs. Artest = 260 lbs.

vz0LZB2cv8s

Warrior
13 Jun 2010, 08:54pm
Celtics will win , lakers suck

Supa
14 Jun 2010, 01:14am
Well shit.

TheTruth
14 Jun 2010, 01:50pm
Must... resist... posting... lulzy pick I found.

Drox
15 Jun 2010, 08:11pm
Boston keeps playing like that, this is going to Game 7 lol

iAMGeno
15 Jun 2010, 08:14pm
Hopefully the Lakers won't let the Celtics come back from a 20+ point lead like they did in the 08 finals.

TheTruth
15 Jun 2010, 08:36pm
Posting an early:
Well shit.

For me this time.

If the Celtics can come back, then babies will not be punched.

Drox
15 Jun 2010, 09:39pm
Going to game 7, celtics better learn how to beat the lakers in LA or lakers gonna walk away champs.

TheTruth
16 Jun 2010, 10:19am
Going to game 7, celtics better learn how to beat the lakers in LA or lakers gonna walk away champs.

Like the other game they won? They're 1-2 in the series away. Obviously the Lakers aren't going to just give up. They had their backs against the wall at home.

TheTruth
17 Jun 2010, 01:35pm
This video was so ossum, I felt the need to double post:

Hs4w7UOwWK0

Drox
17 Jun 2010, 06:40pm
Alright, game night. Im gonna call Lakers to win, lets see what happens.

TheTruth
17 Jun 2010, 06:42pm
What time is it?????

Almost game time!

Alright, game night. Im gonna call Lakers to win, lets see what happens.

I got money on the Knicks.

AND FFS DOC! Whatever you do, DON'T PUT BABY IN AT CENTER! ROOOOOAR

Drox
17 Jun 2010, 07:37pm
Damn spoke too soon, lol looks like boston gots this already since the lakers are playing like shit.

TheTruth
17 Jun 2010, 08:12pm
DAMN YOU BIG BABY! Scal comes in and you threw it away!?!??!?! Scal could have easily hit a jump hook at half court. Fuck.

iAMGeno
17 Jun 2010, 08:21pm
I can make some of the shots the Lakers are missing :angry:

TheTruth
17 Jun 2010, 08:22pm
I can make some of the shots the Lakers are missing :angry:

Now you feel Celtic Game 5 woes.

Cookie
17 Jun 2010, 08:25pm
Celtics are about to win .

iAMGeno
17 Jun 2010, 08:49pm
Mini-comeback yay!

Drox
17 Jun 2010, 09:06pm
Lakers might come out on top if they can keep it up

LinksLife
17 Jun 2010, 09:12pm
Certainly a close game... I hope Boston can come out on top... Lakers are fucking up big time.

TheTruth
17 Jun 2010, 09:37pm
Wow. Right when I was about to give the refs credit for letting them play, they give Kobe and Gasol bullshit shots. Get the fuck off of LAs dick. Boston just got fucked out of this.

Drox
17 Jun 2010, 09:55pm
2010 NBA champions LA Lakers :P

TheTruth
17 Jun 2010, 09:56pm
I'd like to thank Stern and the wonderful referees we have here in the NBA. I'd also like to thank the referees whistles. None of this could be done without you guys.

Thank thou for a wonderful season.

LinksLife
17 Jun 2010, 09:57pm
Well... now I can officially say Boston has nothing going for it in terms of sports. At all. Bruins sucked... Red Soxs suck... and now the Celtics fuck up. Christ...

TheTruth
17 Jun 2010, 10:18pm
Well... now I can officially say Boston has nothing going for it in terms of sports. At all. Bruins sucked... Red Soxs suck... and now the Celtics fuck up. Christ...

Yea because we all know the Sox, Bruins, Pats, and Celts are at the bottom of their divisions :crazy:

In terms of overall sports, Boston is one of the best cities for it. Celtics STILL have the most championships, arguably the best defensive player of all time in Bill Russell, Larry Bird, and a plethora of other legends. Orr? Yaz? Brady? All legends. All 4 teams have winning seasons regularly. It's not like Boston's lineup is Nets, Lions, Orioles, and Oilers. Complete opposite.

Just because Boston lost in the Finals (with their starting center out may I add) does not mean there is nothing to going for Boston.

/rant and :high5:

LinksLife
17 Jun 2010, 11:04pm
Christ... I didn't mean in general! I just meant this year!

Edit: I'm a born and raised Bostons fan BTW. Everyone on my father's side worships Boston sports.

Supa
17 Jun 2010, 11:42pm
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/49/fullj.a80a0fba9c1187d93bc2ffb4feadd64f/a80a0fba9c1187d93bc2ffb4feadd64f-getty-99856385mc130_nba_finals_ga.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/da/fullj.da4e317cbb3e0d55ae4444d54ccdbc68/da4e317cbb3e0d55ae4444d54ccdbc68-getty-99856385mw134_nba_finals_ga.jpg

kabLe
18 Jun 2010, 01:35pm
GO LAKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

tVu-mxoNKQM&feature=related

Trogdor
18 Jun 2010, 02:23pm
I feel like Gasol can flail his branches around and the refs are like "THAT LOOKS LIKE SOME SERIOUS ACTION, MUST BE FOUL."

Bubbleroom
21 Jun 2010, 05:51am
Who win that, was it LA Lakers?!?!??!?

Bubbleroom
21 Jun 2010, 05:53am
2010 NBA champions LA Lakers :P oh Lakers did win :clap:

TheTruth
21 Jun 2010, 08:34am

http://pa4.pokemonaaah.net/pokemon/2-fake-cards/12-to-be-a-fake-master/images/slowpoke.gif

matt 187
21 Jun 2010, 06:49pm

oh Lakers did win :clap:

http://pa4.pokemonaaah.net/pokemon/2-fake-cards/12-to-be-a-fake-master/images/slowpoke.gif

Hurrrrrr!!!!