PDA

View Full Version : [Napalm] ZombieMod NOW!

yardy
3 May 2010, 02:40am
I know this sounds quite demanding but I am just pissed what I am seeing here, Napalm had a lot of old school players playing and it was a lot of fun, since we only have the best of the best classic zombie maps that win! But wtf is this now seriously all those different gamemods with zombies that just suck life shit, bits are retarded and we need napalm, of course the server isnt going to fillf rom the start but it will...

I know this has been discussed many times and of course it failed many times and was left empty... but this is just the maps and what we need are simple but good gameplay maps... fuck detail... and I am sorry for the people that always have to change the server around ebcause of people like me always demanding something... But this time its about Napalm..

It has failed many time but can we please have it up this time. The maps are awesome we got at the moment. Its just that we need huge events like very Friday, Saturday.. Sunday and it will be awesome...

And I hope thta when you keep the Normal ZombieMod gameplay up that some steamgamer mapper will make simple but fun maps to play...

But that this fucking server gets changed to all those things with bots and stuff really pisses me off :mad2:. But I ensure you succes this time, since summerholidays are near and when we can bring up a good server before summer, we will fill this server 100%.

Remember ZombieMurder.com the Napalm server was like Nr. 1 Zombie Server in the whole fucking world.. Thanks to a huge variety of good maps and a lot of good players.

PLEASE LEAVE NAPALM WITH ZOMBIE MOD UP :smile1:, if it fails forget it. And never discuss this again but just this LAST CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Napalm was the reason I joined this community, without Napalm I dont see it....

Drox
3 May 2010, 02:44am
No

struki
3 May 2010, 02:47am
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32218
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33427

I dont think its going to happend :/

Ms. Blargh
3 May 2010, 02:49am
QQ

PingPong
3 May 2010, 12:29pm
It gets brought back, is fairly active for a few weeks then dies for months. The events we have goin on for napalm right now are perfect

Zaraki
3 May 2010, 12:32pm
It gets brought back, is fairly active for a few weeks then dies for months. The events we have goin on for napalm right now are perfect

That was a great weekend ^^
Maybe they want to do it once a month?

Idk, haggard has to approve everything.
I just hope napalm get's chance again :dance:

Riperzz
3 May 2010, 12:34pm
its always empty :(

Combatengineer
3 May 2010, 01:02pm
There's no point in trying to keep Napalm up full time anymore. It can't sustain an active player base long enough for it to be worth trying anymore.

You are right about the problem, it is the maps. People come back to play for the nostalgia, get sick of the old maps again, then leave and let the server die. But there's not really anything that can be done. There aren't enough (good) regular Zombiemod maps being produced to keep the server's map rotation fresh. The map rotation gets stagnant and the server dies.

Unless SG somehow manages to get a thriving mapping community going that's willing to create maps for Zombiemod bringing back Napalm (other than the once a month weekend event) is pointless.

Neji
3 May 2010, 01:28pm
Oh, we tried way to many times. I dont think it's going to work QQ

b0red
3 May 2010, 01:30pm
We have zombie riot now which is x10 better. Its so much fun.

Irish
4 May 2010, 08:04am
I have said it before and I guess I have to say it again.

Napalm will be coming back on the first weekend of every month for 3 days, and it did pretty good this month. If we try and bring it back for good the server will die like it always does, so 3 days a month will have to work for now for the napalm players. I will also look for some new maps to add that hopefully will be fun, and if you know of any maps that are fun send me a pm on the forums with a link from fpsbanana, so i can take a look at the maps. Granted I will not be adding tons of new maps, and some of the old ones will end up staying as well.

BlackEagle
4 May 2010, 12:56pm
I have said it before and I guess I have to say it again.

Napalm will be coming back on the first weekend of every month for 3 days, and it did pretty good this month. If we try and bring it back for good the server will die like it always does, so 3 days a month will have to work for now for the napalm players. I will also look for some new maps to add that hopefully will be fun, and if you know of any maps that are fun send me a pm on the forums with a link from fpsbanana, so i can take a look at the maps. Granted I will not be adding tons of new maps, and some of the old ones will end up staying as well.

If it remains popular do you think that it could be changed to maybe having it on like Saturdays and Sundays every week? I didn't get a chance to play it with how busy I have been and I think this would make it more convenient.

Irish
4 May 2010, 01:13pm
As far as I know it will only stay at 3 days the first weekend of ever month.

Veggie
4 May 2010, 02:37pm
My suggestion would be a fresh map cycle, that is how we found some of the best and most popular maps for napalm which were a big hit, maybe add the parachute mod which humans and zombies can use, I've seen it in other big zm servers, add !zspawn so people don't have to wait to play if they die or just join the server.

Just some ideas.

Chainedlord
4 May 2010, 02:38pm
PLEASE LEAVE NAPALM WITH ZOMBIE MOD UP :smile1:, if it fails forget it. And never discuss this again but just this LAST CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has failed before, and we have forgotten it, be pleased that it comes back on the first week of every month.

Archy
4 May 2010, 05:30pm
two things...

When do we ever have napalm events? I've never gotten a message about that (via steam announcements).

also, (off topic) is there a zombie riot suggestion thread somewhere, if we could make two changes, it would be perfect

CandleJack
4 May 2010, 06:56pm
Tried it in the past, wont work sadly :(

Atarian
22 Aug 2010, 06:21pm
I really miss the old napalm server. I would love for us to get back to basics. It's a shame the physics changed so much. I remember being able to perfectly stand up a soda machine every time. Or the ability to make an insane barricade.

Kiwi
22 Aug 2010, 06:29pm
I really miss the old napalm server. I would love for us to get back to basics. It's a shame the physics changed so much. I remember being able to perfectly stand up a soda machine every time. Or the ability to make an insane barricade.

We're never getting the napalm server back.

Paralyzed
22 Aug 2010, 06:31pm
It def was a good server, I miss the old times @ ZombieMurder.

cakeshark
23 Aug 2010, 08:39am
we could have the entire community asking for napalm and we wouldn't bring it back. that shit is laid to rest, there is no digging it up and trying to reanimate it. we tried that a few times already, it doesn't work.

fanatiik
23 Aug 2010, 09:12am
ive never seen more then 5 ppl on napalm so i dont know why it would go back

Noobster
23 Aug 2010, 12:03pm
I miss napalm too 3 days a month isnt enough ahahah but i guess it will have to do

Tweezy
23 Aug 2010, 12:12pm
I miss napalm too 3 days a month isnt enough ahahah but i guess it will have to do

Yep, I completely agree, napalm brought me to SG... Oh well :( Suppose something good will come out of it though ay? Also, napalm was never the same once the old schoolers left...

GrayFox
23 Aug 2010, 01:00pm
There was a time when Haggard said Napalm would NEVER be taken down, but even the best thing must come to an end.

Cypher
23 Aug 2010, 03:59pm

yo dawg we heard ya like bumps...

Vivian556
23 Aug 2010, 04:33pm
yo dawg we heard you like posting useless shit...
Seriously..

<3 Napalm, We need more Napalm events!!!

Atarian
24 Aug 2010, 12:11pm
Figured I'd bump an existing thread rather than start a new one. Please don't judge me, internet catchphrase king.

Drox
24 Aug 2010, 12:12pm
Napalm wont be coming back, they might bring it up for a weekend event or soomething but other then that its dead because of how lifeless it gets after a few days of being up.