PDA

View Full Version : TTT_fortress

spartan 117
1 May 2010, 08:14pm
new ttt map by me. when map is ready to be shown i will post a thread in wip forum.

the map is completely indoors. with the outdoors being a small area at the front that cannot be accessed.

map features (maybe done working on):

tactical destruction:

one of the rooms has a basement with a sumpump that is starting to fail, that basement is flooded. break the sumpump and watch the room lock down and drown everyone who didnt GTFO when they heard the pump break

light destruction

when you shoot lights, they break, forcing an area into the dark. this is a maybe. i might use switches instead, but for now im putting triggers under lights, that when shot disable the light.

!NEW! traitorchecker

in the floodable room in the outer sanctum of the fortress (outer sanctum is all that is in the map right now) there will be a traitor check entity. pretty cool right? well theres a catch. if they are the traitor, they are given access to a teleporter to their hideout, that has multiple exits to different areas of the map, but that is not it. if a player is innocent then the machine KILLS them. better only use the checker as last resort. there will be a metal detector, so that you can do weapon checks to see if someone is useing traitor equipment, still a catch here too. it can ONLY BE USED ONCE! if traitor equipment is there then a red light goes off. otherwise nothing new and a wasted detector. again, last resort.

-------------------------------------------
objectives

currently, and i am still thinking about this, an objective for innocent win is to "find incriminating evidence" instantly winning the round. to do this the innocents must break into the CIA spy's fortified area and then access his computer (press use on pc moniter). there are many ways, i will only tell one, and none else so that the fun is not spoiled by knowing what to do.

way of access 1: follow traitor in and rush the pc before he pwns you for following him in.

way of access 2: ????

way of access 3: ????

way of access 4: you tell me, i add it! give me a shout and i will see if i can put it in.

traitor win objective

dont have one yet. give me a shout (in this thread) about what the objective should be and i will try to iterate it into the map.

-----------------------------
screenies pl0x?

NO! no screens will be given to untrusted people until the map is past its "orange" phase.

when the map starts to look like something that effort was put into (a custom map on the zombie server)

rather then an orange map.... (what the map is now)

then you will getting your "screenies"

when i release it i WILL ADD PICTURES. because as a downloader myself i know "pics=clicks"

status update 1: starting inner sanctum, will add to fortress checkpoint later. inner sanctum will be 2 floors. upper and lower. lower is more industrial and maintenance, while upper is more of an office area. then there will be the north checkpoint, opposite the south checkpoint (where i started making the map) in the middle of the map is the inner sanctum area, as i described. both checkpoints will have the same general shape, with some differences in shapes and usage.

status update 2: done for the night, need to play some bad company 2.

Minion Jake
1 May 2010, 08:58pm
EDIT
Sorry, I'm stupid.

Good luck with your map.

Nasu
2 May 2010, 01:24am
Goood luck :]

PingPong
3 May 2010, 01:11pm
Gl with your map, please make a beta first and make sure its even between traitors and innocents. For objectives try to get to innocents to start a truck or van to escape or something from the garage.

SgtJoo
3 May 2010, 01:21pm
Post screenies when ya can. Always good to see some new maps in development. :)

spartan 117
3 May 2010, 08:01pm
UPDATE

post snipped due to general hate towards halo round' these areas.

spartan 117
8 May 2010, 04:43pm
UPDATE

map objectives are done, map will be available as a beta by the end of this or next week. subject to change.

spartan 117
9 May 2010, 07:12am
UPDATE

FIXED, fixed my scaling abit and added vent system, also fixed ladders that gmod update (somehow) broke

iNorris
9 May 2010, 08:10am
Sounds coolio. But it seems to me that these methods would immediately give the traitors away.

spartan 117
9 May 2010, 08:28am
traitors can also get to their room via the vents. so if a guard is standing by their door they have a secondary entrance.

Redcow
13 May 2010, 03:13pm
mNote: I added a spoiler here so read it at your own risk.

Sorry but to be honest it's hard to judge a map that isn't even including screenshots.

Nobody is willing enough to try to recreate a map by a few screenshots, so there isn't a reason to not release any.

spartan 117
13 May 2010, 03:28pm
download it and see. there is no point for me to release screenshot for an orange map yet. the download link is in the request forum.

in other words,

mNote: I added a spoiler here so read it at your own risk.
GO TROLL SOMEWHERE ELSE! and <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zby6zWiikPw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zby6zWiikPw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>