PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars Trilogy

Zealot
29 Apr 2010, 10:57am
$20 on steam, I've heard a lot about the GW games, seems like quite the deal.

Dirty Sanchez
29 Apr 2010, 02:23pm
I only have Prophecies, I had a factions account but I gave it to a friend. I'd play Factions over Prophecies any day.

(von dutch) delta force 8
29 Apr 2010, 03:08pm
I used to play Guild Wars whenever i could back in the days, but all my friends stopped playing and then it isn't that much fun anymore when you completed the game like 6 times on different classes :p but id pick it up any day if anyone wants to play

PowStriker
29 Apr 2010, 03:41pm
Meh don't buy Guild Wars atm. Guild Wars 2 comes out in January I believe and looks like it's going to be epic. Guild Wars Trilogy has gotten kind of old ~ I've beaten it on all 10 of my characters, there's nothing else to do, and a lot of the places are deserted now. I'd say hold off for a bit and wait for GW2.

Empire Strikes Black
29 Apr 2010, 03:56pm
The good olde simple MMO. Highly recommended if you hate the monthly fee MMOs.

Tweezy
29 Apr 2010, 04:13pm
GW's is an epic game, but i would recommend waiting for GW's 2.

Dirty Sanchez
29 Apr 2010, 04:16pm
I heard GW2 wasn't coming out for a while. I haven't played GW recently anyway. I stopped playing after I got all my characters to 20.

PowStriker
29 Apr 2010, 06:33pm
Ahh GW2 is coming out soon. If I'm not mistaken, the beta is out already, and if not, it's coming out soon. And according to wikipedia and the guild wars 2 homepage, "current development target for Guild Wars 2 is for the end of 2010 with the full commercial release" taking place in 2011". So it's almost here; probably a good idea to wait. If you want, I can probably find let you use one of my old prophecies accounts. Lots of my old school friends quit and just gave me their accounts, so I can find one somewhere lol. Umm I'm not 100% if thats against the rules or whatnot from this forum, but it's unused and I apologize if it is against the rules.

Crimson
29 Apr 2010, 06:37pm
If you haven't played GW1, get it. Great MMO for it's price.

PowStriker
30 Apr 2010, 03:35pm
Hey Zealot if you're thinking about it add me to steam: ownerurnoob. We can discuss it further there :P

Dirty Sanchez
30 Apr 2010, 03:40pm
Has anyone tried Nightfall? I want to know if it's worth getting.

PowStriker
1 May 2010, 10:38am
Nightfall is a good campaign as it has the Dervish which is a pretty nice class imo. I believe though, that prophecies is probably the best campaign. Nightfall tends to get repetitive and there is an unbelievable amount of running from place to place. The Dervish is a great tank though. It deals massive amounts of damage and has a massive amount of armor. If you don't have Factions, however, you will be somewhat handicapped with the Dervish but in the end it will all work out. The paragon, I honestly got extremely bored of. It launches spears and uses mainly adrenaline based attacks and shouts. They are usually buffers so to speak and cannot solo farm anything (not like it matters, farming has almost been destroyed). But if you have the extra money and you're willing to stick with NF I say go for it. They also have these chest runs that can earn you 20-30k + golds if you do them properly. Once again, go ahead and add me if you want more info ^.^