PDA

View Full Version : T Kill a Mockingbird

Micro
28 Apr 2010, 02:55pm
I gotta read this book for English I've read the first 11 chapters, starting 12, What do you guys think about it, if you have read it?

Captain Sparrow
3 May 2010, 02:59pm
I had to read it before i got into this programme, on the first day in english i had to write a paper. I did not like it, but the movie was ok. I read it and to help me in understanding it i watched the movie. Its an OK story.

HankTheTank
11 May 2010, 09:00pm
90% of the book is dry.
10% is half-suspenseful.

All of it was rubbishy. :P

Delirium
11 May 2010, 09:03pm
I don't care for a book personalizing racial tensions in America, shit's not right.

Gumpy
12 May 2010, 10:37am
Has the worst flow of any book I have ever read.

Zealot
15 May 2010, 12:37am
Gr. 10 english class. Hated it at first, realized it was a decent read when we finished it.

ScubaToaster
15 May 2010, 02:17am
Had to read it to help in my college classes, my teacher for that course was so dedicated she named her some Atticus.

Bad Dog
15 May 2010, 03:42pm
Not a fan of it. I had to read it for Freshmen English and I just did not like it, very dry and boring. I was dissapointed, also, because the one scene that had potential to be good. The scene where Atticus is about to do battle with a horde of raging drunk white power D-Bags is ruined by Scout and her down syndrome when she forgets that these men are about to kill someone and she just goes up and talks to one of them. Dont get me wrong I understand the whole thing was to show her innocence and what not but lets be honest even a Seven year old isnt that fucking stupid. Scout = Downs.

SgtJoo
15 May 2010, 03:48pm
I thought it was way hyped up as a classic and then I read it and was like damn that was terrible. I thought 1984 was a waaaaay better book and even A Brave New World was better than TKAM.

iNorris
15 May 2010, 04:16pm
If you read my bio, I state that it's my favorite book. Entirely true. I enjoy the message that it puts across, and the book is readable by some of the lower ages too. Also, it kind of opened my eyes to the kind of prejudice that existed back then, especially because it was from an up-close and personal view, unlike history books which give off a detacheed kind of feel. I could read it over and over again, I like it that much.

Hank, if you were looking for an exciting book, why were you looking in the "classics" section? Dracula was meant to be suspenseful. I could hardly get through it, it was so boring.

Movement
15 May 2010, 07:11pm
I personally thought it was trash.

Kirby2
15 Jun 2010, 03:47pm
I actually really like the book, i've read it 3 times to this date and it was interesting. I lol'd at the comment about the person who's teacher was so dedicated that she named her son atticus.

Prez
15 Jun 2010, 04:04pm
I personally thought it was trash.

I agree. It really just dragged on, and it wasn't really that good.

Kay
15 Jun 2010, 07:56pm
I'm a big book reader, and i felt the same as Aassasin and Artimus, it was trash, and never seemed to end.

Cromyth
15 Jun 2010, 07:58pm
Horrible book. I hated every page, paragraph, sentence, word, punctuation mark, even the paper itself

Phonicz
15 Jun 2010, 08:02pm
The book sucks so does the movie

Frostbyte
16 Jun 2010, 03:07am
Maybe it's just me, but I enjoyed it.

The saying "To Kill a Mockingbird" is referring to the fact that in doing so, you are killing a purely innocent animal.

This ties into the trial of the black dude who's name I forgot (read this in 8th grade for Honors), who did nothing wrong, but was the victim of prejudice because he was black, and the girl accusing him was white.

At least that's what I got out of it. I think I might just be a nerd because I enjoy most of the books I'm assigned to read at school.