PDA

View Full Version : Dragonlance

Chaos
27 Apr 2010, 10:16pm
I have been reading books from this series for several years now. I would like to get some input from other people that have read any of it, if anyone has. I would be willing to post up a short guide of what to read first if anyone needs it. There are just sosososososo many books in the Dragonlance universe

Itch
28 Apr 2010, 11:07am
I read about 30 or so books in the DL univ. many many years ago.

Have to say of the series I liked the Twins books the most. Raistlin & Caramon were an interesting dynamic.

Some of the other books are just standard run of the mill fantasy, nothing really special but decent reads.

Metal
28 Apr 2010, 11:48am
didnt they make this into a movie?

Chaos
29 Apr 2010, 11:20am
I read about 30 or so books in the DL univ. many many years ago.

Have to say of the series I liked the Twins books the most. Raistlin & Caramon were an interesting dynamic.

Some of the other books are just standard run of the mill fantasy, nothing really special but decent reads.

I agree, Raistlin is probably my favorite....character? The whole original Heroes of the Lance were pretty cool

didnt they make this into a movie?

I think they had a really shitty animated version of this, and an old NES game. Something like that

SgtJoo
2 May 2010, 07:25pm
I remember reading this a loooooooong time ago. I really loved it, especially the Twins. I should go back and re-read some of them again.

Itch
2 May 2010, 08:53pm
If you liked the Dragon Lance books you really ought to read the DarkSword Trilogy by the same authors.

Chaos
4 May 2010, 10:10am
Weis and Hickman?

Itch
4 May 2010, 09:31pm
Weis and Hickman?

Yep.

Zealot
12 May 2010, 10:41am
DL is seriously one of my favorite series. Loved the twins and the dwarf (can't remember his name). Then all the Raistlin stories of going back in time to stop the apocalypse and whatnot. I haven't real DL in like 2 years though.

Chaos
12 May 2010, 11:44am
DL is seriously one of my favorite series. Loved the twins and the dwarf (can't remember his name). Then all the Raistlin stories of going back in time to stop the apocalypse and whatnot. I haven't real DL in like 2 years though.

Flint.

Frostbyte
18 May 2010, 12:27am
I remember reading this back in middle school, holy crap.

Last thing I remember about these books is an epic ass castle defense.

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
21 May 2010, 03:23pm
Correct me if im wrong but these books are based on a group of ppls actual d&d games and characters they have been playing with for years.

I had a few friends/D&D fans tell me this a few years ago, its possible that they were talking about another series, but im fairly certain it was this one. Never actually read any of em but I found the idea of books based on an eternal D&D quest as a rather odd one.

Chaos
22 May 2010, 11:06am
Correct me if im wrong but these books are based on a group of ppls actual d&d games and characters they have been playing with for years.

I had a few friends/D&D fans tell me this a few years ago, its possible that they were talking about another series, but im fairly certain it was this one. Never actually read any of em but I found the idea of books based on an eternal D&D quest as a rather odd one.

This and D&D are pretty tight, so it's likely this is true. I wouldn't doubt it, at least.